Assam Public Service Commission – APSC | Exam Calendar 2022
The Commission had gone through several changes since its commencement from One Chairman and two Members in 1937-1951 to one Chairman and two/three Members in 1951-1986 and one Chairman and six Members in 1986-91 and again from one Chairman and ten Members in 1991 and lastly, by an amendment of 2005, the strength of the Commission was mended at 7 consisting of one Chairman and six Members
Incumbents of the Commission
|Chairman||B Shri Rajiv Kumar Bora, IAS (Retd.)|
|Members||Dr Ajanta Nath, M.Sc, M.Phil, PhD|
|Dr Niranjan Kalita|
|Shri Sanjib Kr. Gohain Boruah, IAS (Retd.)|
|Shri Debeswar Malakar, IAS (Retd.)|
|Smti. Julie Sonowal, IAS (Retd.)|
|Secretary||Shri Abhijit Baruah, ACS|
|Principal Controller Of Examination||Smti Pubali Gohain, ACS|
Exams calendar / Eligibility
|Recruitment Board||Name of the Exam||Qualification|
|APSC||Combined Competitive Examination||Any Degree|
|Assam TET||Assam TET||Degree, B.Ed|
|Assam Police||Constable||HSLC/ HS|
|DEE, Assam||Teacher||Degree, B.Ed, B.El.Ed, TET|
Exam pattern for APSC-CCE:
|General Studies-I,30%-35% questions will compulsorily be related to Assam||200||2 Hours||Objective|
|General Studies-II, Qualifying nature, shall have minimum qualifying marks of 33%||200||2 Hours||Objective|
|Paper 1||Essay||250||3 Hours|
|Paper 2 to 6||General Studies||250 each||3 hours each|
|Paper 7||Optional subject Paper-1||250||3 Hours|
|Paper 8||Optional subject Paper-2||250||3 Hours|
|Paper-A||*Language Papers(In the level of Class-X)||300 Marks||3 Hours|
|Paper-B||English||300 Marks||3 Hours|
*Qualifying any one of the languages from Assamese, Bengali and Bodo. Candidates from Dima Hasan, Krabi Angling and West Krabi Angling districts who had not studied any of these languages in school shall be exempted from appearing for qualifying language papers
|After qualifying in Written Examination-Total Marks – 275|
|Written Examination (Paper 1 to Paper 8) = 2000||Interview (After qualifying in Written Examination) = 275|
|Total Marks =2275|
GENERAL STUDIES – Paper – I (200 marks) – 100 Questions
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environment ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
Note 30-35% of questions in General Studies Paper I will be related to Assam.
GENERAL STUDIES – Paper – 2 (200 marks) – 80 Questions
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level),
- Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.) (Class X level)
Optional Subjects for Paper 7 & 8
Commerce and Accountancy
|Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Political Science and International Relations
Above is the total information which is needed for the student who wants to prepare for the Assam public service examination. do-follow and share the article with your friends and family and bookmark the website.