Bachelor of Architecture
Architecture is the art of designing buildings which also includes science. A profound definition is the design of the total building big level of town planning, urban design, and landscape architecture to small construction details and, sometimes, furniture too.
In this article, we will go through some very frequently asked important questions by the students who want to peruse architecture and are doing the course
What is B.Arch?
B.Arch (Bachelor of Architecture) is a graduation degree. This five-year course program is a blend of theoretical and practical knowledge for students to learn the art of planning, designing, and constructing physical structures of various kinds. This course gives an idea of mapping and overseeing the construction, a qualified architect has involved at every stage of any construction project
B.Arch course details :
|Examination type||Semester system|
|Eligibility||10+2 with 50% marks|
|Average course fees||Rs 2-6 lakh|
|Average starting annual salary||Rs 2.5-5.5 lakh|
How do you get into the course? / B-arch Eligibility Criteria.
To study a full-time B.Arch program, students must achieve the eligibility requirements given below:
- Aspirants must have passed their 10+2 examination or equivalent with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- They must have secured a minimum of 50 percent marks (45 percent marks for reserved category) in 10+2 or
- Should have passed 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognized by Central/state governments with 50 percent aggregate marks or
- Should have completed their International Diploma, after 10 years of schooling, with not less than 50 percent marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination.
What are the B-arch Entrance exams that are needed to clear in order to get into top architecture colleges?
The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) and the Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) are two of the most popular B.Arch entrance exams, these are accepted by colleges. But The AAT is an entrance exam for admissions to architecture programs offered by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
Top Architecture colleges in India for B.Arch
- School of planning and architecture – New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology – Kharagpur
- Parul University – Vadodara
- Indian Institute of Technology – Roorkee
- Chandigarh university- Chandhighar
How to pursue B.Arch as diploma after 10th?
The course can be pursued by candidates after completion of their class 10th education. The three-year course with a semester-wise system of examination. Admission to the course is done mostly on a merit basis that is the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in class 10th board examinations. Colleges/Institutes offering the course demand a minimum of 55% marks (Relaxable for reserved category candidates) at 10th level with Science and Mathematics as a subject of study in order to get admissions in the course.
Some of the many colleges that are offering the diploma B- Arch course are:
- Academy of architecture
- ACN College of Polytechnic
- AMIE Institute
- Aryabhatt Polytechnic
- BPS Institute of Technology
- Government Polytechnic college
- Potti sreeramulu Telugu university
- ISBM- Scholl of business
- Gitam School of architecture
- JNAFAU SPA – School of planning and architecture
list of TOP B.Arch colleges in Hyderabad:
- Sri Venkateshwara College of architecture
- Vaishnavi school of architecture and planning
- MLR institute of technology
- Deccan School of planning and architecture
- Maestro school of planning and architecture
- JNAFU ( Jawaharlal Nehru architecture and fine arts university)
- Ahok Gupta institute
- Integrated Institute of educated
- Maestro school of planning
List of some Applications useful for B.Arch students to start a good career?
- Sketch up
- 3D Studio Max.
- Auto CAD
- In Design.
- Courtesy of Jun Gil – Young.
What sort of events or computations architecture students should attend to explore out of box thinking?
People of architecture usually visit ancient buildings and also the buildings built by famous architects to gain knowledge
What are the B. Arch subjects we have in this five-year course?/B.Arch -Syllabus
|Architecture Design||Types of Structures||History of Architecture|
|Building Science & Services||Architectural Design||Building Management|
|Theory of Settlement Planning||Design Applications||Computer & Software Lab|
|Architectural Appreciation||Workshop Practice||Building Construction|
Advanced visual representation in Ancient civilization?
Applied Climatology, Applied mathematics, Architecture design studio: Functional complex, Architecture design studio: Heritage context, Architectural design studio: Housing, residential, Rural context
When do you intern during the course? How do you get an internship?
Usually people of architects already are doing a lot of practical stuff from the very
First year, but yes if they want to intern then they can do it in the middle of summer vacation, and however, after 4th year they have to intern with a reputed architect to add to their portfolio
How to do a thesis in the final year of b.arch? B.Arch
Architectural Design Thesis is a design research project on a topic selected and developed by the student, normally design Thesis is given during the final two semesters of a student’s curriculum, this includes Directed Research (ARC 699) and Final Degree Project (ARC 610). While doing the thesis the student is expected to carefully examine, study, analyze, design, and present the project of his/her choice as a practically feasible solution in the context of the prevailing socio-economic scenario.
How to make a portfolio in b.arch?
Architecture Portfolio Tips:
- Listen to the
- PDF or Online portfolio, Which one is better for you?
- Create an appealing CV page.
- Select your best projects.
- Less is more.
- Include team projects, it’s important!
- Pay attention to fonts and grammar
- Use your drawing skills.
- Don’t be afraid of blank space
- Update frequently
Go through this website to know more
How to start up a firm after b.arch?
BASIC STEPS TO START YOUR OWN ARCHITECTURAL FIRM
- TYPOLOGY OF FIRM. The first and most basic step is to identify the typology of your architectural firm.
- GET REGISTERED AS AN ARCHITECT. Before starting your own firm, get yourself registered as an architect by the council of architecture.
- REGISTRATION OF THE FIRM.
How much Does B.arch graduate get paid? And what are jobs an architect gets/ B-arch salary & Carrer scope:
While a beginner can be expected to earn between Rs. 1 Lakh to 1.5 Lakh per annum, the salary increases gradually with experience. An experienced architect can command up to Rs. 5 Lakh per annum in the current market.
|Job Description||Salary in Lacks|
|Senior Interior Designer||7.50|
|Senior Project Architect||10|
|Senior Principal Architect||19.40|
Are any govt jobs available for architecture students?
Any graduate can apply for a government job after graduation, not only B-arch,
There are various job opportunities one can get as architecture in the government sector also,
But most of the architects prefer to open their own firms that they can earn more
B-arch is an excellent choice of course for any student who wants to dig deep in the subjects and is interested in drawing and sketching, so this is not a course usually everyone can choose but only people with good drawing skills and also mathematical knowledge.