B.Sc. in Cardiac Technology 2021-2022
B.Sc. in Cardiac Technology is a 3-year full-time undergraduate course divided into 6 semesters. Cardiac Technology is an allied course in medicine.
Cardiac Technologists assist physicians during invasive cardiovascular testing; a tube is inserted into one of the blood vessels that carry blood into the heart. The job of a technician is to perform tasks that require less medical training before and during the procedure so doctors can focus on the results of the test
Eligibility for B.Sc. in Cardiac Technology
Listed below are the minimum criteria of eligibility that interested candidates need to fulfill in order to apply for the course.
- 10+2 education completed in the Science stream from a recognized educational Board.
- Physics, Chemistry, English, and Biology as the main subjects of study at the 10+2 level.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the 10+2 level.
B.Sc. in Cardiac Technology: Admission Process
Most institutes offering the course admit students based on their performance in a relevant entrance test, followed by a round of Personal Interview. Some institutes conduct their own entrance tests for offering admission. The admission process generally varies across colleges.
B.Sc. in Cardiac Technology career choice/ jobs you can get on doing B.sc cardiac care technology
Here you will see what career you can choose as a Cardiac technology graduate, and which you are interested in. Cardiac Technologists use diagnostic cardiology equipment and monitor resultant data, typically in assistance to a physician. Cardiac tech jobs are available in a variety of specialties including:
- invasive cardiology
- vascular technology
- non-invasive cardiology.
Cardiovascular technologists and cardiovascular technicians serve as cardiovascular assistants to physicians. :
- Aid in the diagnosis and treatment of heart and blood vessel issues.
- Review doctor and patient documentation.
- Schedule appointments and monitor patients’ heart rates.
- Look after and operate the equipment.
- Explain test procedures to patients and identify problems in their test findings.
- Specialize in invasive procedures.
- Assist in the cardiac catheterization of balloon angioplasties and electrophysiology tests.
B.Sc. in Cardiac Technology course details:
Shown below are some of the major highlights of the course.
|Course Level||Under Graduate|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a recognized educational Board|
|Admission Process||Counseling after qualification of entrance examination|
|Top recruiting organizations||Manipal, Nextgen, Apollo, etc.|
|Top recruiting areas||Private clinics, Hospital administration, Research and Medical colleges, and such.|
|Top job profiles||Cardiovascular Technologist, Cardiologist, Medical Sonographer, among others.|
|Course Fee||INR 1,000 to 4 lakhs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2 to 20 lakhs|
What to do after B.s cardiac technology
After you have done your Bsc in cardiac technology you can go for Masters (M.sc Cardiac technology)or otherwise, you can choose to work for a hospital and gaining experience, and then you can take up masters.
B.sc cardiac technology government colleges
Below are a few of the government colleges that give B.sc in cardiac technology
- JIPMER Puducherry – Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research. …
- NIMS – Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences. …
- Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science (HITS) …
- Delhi Paramedical and Management Institute.
B.sc cardiac technology colleges in Chennai/ Tamilnadu
Few of Colleges that offer B.sc in cardiac technology in Chennai
- Madras medical college
- Govt kilpauk medical college
- Kaveri medical center and hospital
- Appolo group of colleges
B.sc cardiac technology colleges in Kerala
|Name of the Institute||Annual Fees (In Rs)|
|Kerala University of Health Sciences||33,100|
|TD Medical College, Alappuzha||–|
|Pariyaram Medical College||–|
|Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeeth Kochi Campus, Kochi||1,60,000|
Cardiovascular technology colleges in India
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Hindustan institute of technology and science, Tamil Nadu
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka
Is Neet required for BSc cardiology?
No, you will not have to give NEEt entrance, you will be given admission based on PBC marks
What is the scope of Cardiology?
The scope of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine journal includes
- Coronary artery and
- Valve diseases
- Interventional and pediatrics cardiology
- Cardiovascular surgery
- Heart failure
- Arrhythmias and stimulation
- Cardiovascular imaging
- Vascular medicine and
- Hypertension, epidemiology
How can I get admission in cardiology?
A bachelor’s degree with MBBS after 10+2. Gets the admission in PG course leading to Doctor of Medicine (MD) in general medicine
What is dip cardiology?
Instead of choosing to go for BSC. in Cardio, many choose a diploma for the advantage of having a practical approach in the syllabus structure. The Postgraduate Diploma in Cardiology Program is a two-year course that aims to equip physicians to provide the intermediate level and emergency cardiac care to outpatients as well as inpatients in peripheral hospitals