Diploma In Air Hostess
What is the Diploma In Air Hostess?
Air hostess is one of the leading and top positions in the aviation industry. The prime responsibilities of the air hostess whether air hostess(female) or flight steward(male) is to check the comfort, welfare and safety of the passenger who boarded the flight and not these responsibilities there are additional and most important safety responsibilities which are needed to be taken care by the cabin crew those are emergency arrangements before taking off and after touching down. This course or diploma is all about hospitality towards customers who travel in flight which are to be taken care of by cabin crew.
There are some ground rules/regulations by the aviation industry that are fly hours for any member of aircrew to be 72 hours a month only to reduce the stress on the crew and help in the balance of work-life. In India, an air hostess/Cabin crew diploma is top and leading in terms of hospitality courses more and more students opts for these courses through top private institutes and also salary for air hostess/cabin crew ranges from Rs 18,000 and Rs 50,000 in domestic airlines and for international flights salary and other allowances changes exponentially. AIr hostess/ cabin crew members can earn higher salaries for international flights. Promotions also tend to be fast as the job is time and age-based.
The Indian aviation industry is the 3rd largest in the world as reported by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). The footfall for air travelling is increasing day by day as more domestic flights are operating from every metropolitan and sub-metropolitan city. A career as an air hostess is advantageous for young candidates for the characteristics of the job.
Skills Required for becoming an Air Hostess/cabin crew are clear speech and voice, team player and be patient, good personality and appearance, good communication, expertise in the local language and any foreign language and other skills which are required for hospitality industry.
Educational requirements for pursuing Air Hostess
- The basic educational qualification required for the Air Hostess/ Cabin is Intermediate Or + 2
- The age limit for applying for the course is between 17 years and 26 years.
- The applicant should be a minimum of five foot and two inches tall in height.
- The applicant should be unmarried at the time of applying for the course.
- They should have normal eyesight or corrected to 6/6 in both eyes.
- The candidate should be medically fit and have a pleasing personality.
- Normally, the training institute provides training for air hostess/Cabin Crews and provides them with placements in Aviation industries.
- After selection, the airlines will carry an initial screening process. The applicant has to clear the entrance test conducted by the airlines. After passing the test, the main interview will be conducted to verify the voice, language fluency, communication skill and personality of the candidate.
- The selected applicants will be offered air hostess training by the airline for a period of six months.
Course Fee for the Diploma in Air Hostess:
Top private institutes provide coaching and training for the Air hostess/Cabin Crew and provide the applicant with a certificate. The course fee is between Rs 75,000 to Rs 2,50,000 depending on the course and the institute.
Career Opportunities for Diploma In Air Hostess
The career of Air hostess purely depends on communication and personality as it is a hospitality industry one should look good and fit, the nature of the job demands these characteristics. The pay scale for an air hostess is more and airlines provide other issuance benefits. Some of the top recruiters for air hostess are, Indian Airlines, Air India, Go Air, British Airways, Jet Airways, Gulf Air, Singapore Airlines, Lufthansa, etc
These are the basic details for a student to know about a diploma in Air Hostess and if you find the article please do share the article with your friends and family and bookmark Graduatesengine.com for further more educational related articles.