Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is a diploma course that deals with the field of engineering. A course that is pursued after class 10. This course focuses on the importance of professional specialization in the field of designing. The course syllabus includes the application of laws of physics for design, analysis, and manufacturing of mechanical systems. Students who choose to go for this course are taught to form and collect motors and structures, control plants and vehicles of all sizes, understand concepts of mechanics, kinetics, hydraulics, energy, and vitality.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering: Course Highlights
Highlights of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering which states the course level, duration exam type, eligibility, admission process, and other information are mentioned below:
|Exam Type||Semester/Year wise|
|Eligibility||Class 10 Pass with 55% aggregate marks|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/ Entrance Exam|
|Course Fee||INR 10000-5 lacs|
|Average Salary||INR 3-20 Lac|
|Top Recruiters||Samsung, Tech Mahindra, L&T Limited, TCS, Mahindra and Mahindra, TATA Power, Oracle, ACCENTURE, Just Dial, Oracle, Tata Consultancy Services, Vivo Mobile, Google, Amazon Flipkart, Samsung, Wipro, Bajaj, Hero, Leyland, Ford, Honda BARC, BHEL, NTPC, ISRO, Aban group, Nura Engineering Pvt. Ltd|
|Job Positions||Assistant Manager, Mechanical Engineering, Process Development Technologist, Section Head, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Sales Engineer, Technician, Assistant Professor, Engineering Trainee, Manufacturing Manager, Professor, etc.|
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Eligibility
A student can acquire admission to Diploma in Mechanical Engineering only after his class 10 boards or 12 boards according to his choice. The eligibility requirements of both are stated below:
- Candidates who have passed 10th grade from any recognized Board with a minimum aggregate score of 55%.
- Otherwise, the candidate with a 10th passing certificate and a Certificate in Motorcycle Service and Repair (CMSR) will do
- Candidates should pass 12th grade with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as main subjects, and must have obtained a minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates).
Some of the Entrance Exams that are available for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering are:
- Jharkhand Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Exam (Jharkhand PECE)
- Kerala Polytechnic College Admission Test
- Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education Polytechnic Entrance (MSBTE)
- Madhya Pradesh Pre Polytechnic Test (MP PPT)
- Odisha Diploma Entrance Test (Odisha DET)
Frequently asked questions on Diploma in Mechanical engineering
1)What is the salary of a person who has a diploma in mechanical?
The national average salary for a Diploma In Mechanical Engineer is ₹23,581 in India. Filter by location too. Salary estimates are based on 5 salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by Diploma In Mechanical Engineer employees.
2)What are the subjects of a diploma in mechanical engineering?
Subjects differ from semester to semester, few subjects from the Third sem are as below:
- Engineering mechanics and strength of the material
- Fluid mechanics
- MAnufacturing technology
3)Which is the best course for a diploma?
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Software Engineering.
- Diploma in Food and Beverage Services Management.
- Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Diploma in Graphic Designing.
- Diploma in Digital Marketing.
4)How many subjects are there in diploma mechanical engineering?
Applied Mechanics, Manufacturing Process, Engineering Drawing, Strength of Materials, Fluid Mechanics, Industrial Management, Theory of Machines, Machine Design, CAD/CAM, Metrology and Instrumentation, Industrial Design, etc are the subjects of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
You can go through an article on diploma courses for more information about other courses it is below