How to get an internship with no experience
Internship is a limited period of work that is offered by an organization to interns. It is a career-based learning experience in real-time work scenario. An intern will learn, assist and grow in the limited period in the organization. The role of an intern is to support and assist. The internship can be paid or unpaid. Internship can be a private company, government organization or a non-profit organization also.
Benefits of internship:
Internship provides work experience in your desired field. You will have an edge over your peers and boosts your confidence. You will improve your marketability and employability skills. An intern will gain professional experience in his related domain or choice of domain. Internship is an excellent way to put all the theories learned in the classrooms into practice. Internship also provides a networking opportunity to interact with fellow-mates in the same domain. As an intern, you will gain professional feedback on the real-time work. This gives a chance to improve.
Mode of internships:
Internships can be part-time, full-time, online. Some colleges and universities have made internships as a part of their education credit system. Students are encouraged to take up an internship to gain hands-on work experience before they actually step-into the job world.
How to find internship opportunities?
There are some websites which are a treasure of the internship opportunities. Employers put-up their requirements to get interns. Some of the notable websites are:
- Internshala: Internshala provides a huge list of the internship in different domains from media to technology. This website provides opportunities to all the novice and just out of college students in any domain and in multiple locations. The process is simple. Students have to create a login id and password. Once this process is done, they will have access to multiple internship opportunities.
- Letsintern: Letsintern is another wonderful site which provides ample opportunities to the students to work an intern. Many big names like PVR, Myntra, Big Basket, Emerson, etc. advertise for interns on this site. Both organizations and students can register them solves on this website. Organizations have to register in the employer column and students have to register in the student’s column. Lets Intern is another popular internship providing platform to students. The platform already has more than 4 million registered students and offers internship by more than 35,000 organizations. Let’s intern platform provides summer internship, full-time, part-time, online, virtual, full-time internship to student users.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is a professional networking where thousands and lakhs of people register to network. It is an excellent platform for the students to build their network. The registration is free and a login and password should be created. Students should type internship in the search box. You will find many groups and internship jobs.
Glassdoor is another great site which offers internship to all the students. The employers and students can register themselves with a simple login id and password.
Employers and organizations use this platform to find the right kind of talent. The interns and employees also can select the company they wish to work based on the reviews, ratings and the salaries offered. The details of the internship provided or not will also be mentioned along with paid or unpaid option.
Killer Launch is another leading portal which provides visibility to internship opportunities across different locations and domains. The platform has advanced search options which enables students to choose internship projects of their choice. Killer Launch provides work from home, online work options also.
Hello intern is a wonderful platform which provides online, work from home and global internship opportunities to students. There are many training programs available for students to enhance their knowledge and sharpen their skills. Many big companies like Zee media, Citrus, Titan etc. look for freshers to work as interns in their esteemed organizations. The signup process is simple with a registration. A login id and password will be created and it’s all get set, and go.
Some frequently asked questions by the students:
1. Is it possible to get an engineering internship without any experience?
Absolutely possible. There are many organizations who need freshers to work an intern. All the above-mentioned sites flash opportunities. You can get an intern opportunity in any stream of engineering- software, mechanical, manufacturing, civil etc.
2. Can I get internship and future employment with a low GPA?
Yes, you can get an internship with a low GPS. Don’t mention the GPA. Mention your strengths and how you can perform the job better. Once you have an internship, it will add value to your CV.
3. How do I know about internship opportunities?
Ideally, your placement officer in your college or university will know the upcoming opportunities. Alternatively, you can try yourself by registering yourself in the internship platforms.
4. What kind of internship jobs can I get in software?
You can get mobile application development, UI/UX development, projects on software project management, .NET development, web development, blockchain development, REACT JS development, Java full stack development, projects relating to drones etc.
5. What kind of internship projects will I get for mechanical engineering?
You can get projects relating to automobile, robotics, industrial design, production support engineering, PV engineering, etc.
6. What kind of intern projects are available for a civil engineer?
Site engineer, site supervisor, project management, building designing, environmental engineering, water management are so e of the projects available for civil engineering students.
7. What kind of intern projects are available for an Aerospace engineer?
Projects like UAV tester, drone’s tester are some of the projects available for the Aerospace engineering students.
8. What kind of projects are available for MBA students?
MBA students can avail internship projects relating to marketing, HR, finance, supply chain, MIS, digital marketing, content marketing etc.
9. Are there any projects relating to machine learning or artificial intelligence available for freshers without experience?
Fresh Engineering students certainly have an opportunity to work on artificial intelligence, IoT, machine learning, cloud computing, big data, blockchain and other emerging technologies.
10. What kind of projects are available for Humanities?
Internship projects for humanities students include food nutrition and safety analyst, voice-over artists, policy research, content developers, international affairs, diplomacy, heritage management, tourism, gender rights, health advisors to name a few.