IBPC- The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
Indian Financial System. Banks troubled with capital constraints sell their “excess baggage” of loans assets to other banks in the form of ‘Inter-Bank Participation Certificate (IBPC)
These IBPC transactions are aimed to fill short-term requirements of banks and are typically bought back by the seller bank within three to four months, depending on the agreement.
Reserve Bank of India has permitted foreign banks and private sector banks to treat their investments in the interbank participatory certificate (IBPC) to treat it as direct lending to the priority sector. A bank missing its target for priority sector lending target will be able to reach the target by buying IBPCs issued by the fellow banks that have already exceeded in achieving their regulatory targets of priority sector advances and issued IBPCs for the excess of lending under various categories of priority sector.
There are two types of Inter-Bank Participation certificates (IBPCs); one on a risk-sharing basis and the other without risk-sharing. In the case of IBPC without risk-sharing, a bank missing the target can always buy an IBPC instrument issued by another bank at a price for a month or so. Later, the seller bank can buy back the portfolio. The IBPC on risk-sharing can be issued for 91-180 days and only in respect of advances classified under standard Status where the conduct of account is satisfactory, the safety of advance is not in doubt, and all the terms and conditions are complied with.
The aggregate amount of such IBPCs under any loan account at the time of issue is not to exceed 40 percent of the outstanding in the account. RRBs can also issue Inter‐Bank Participation Certificates (IBPC) of a tenor of 180 days on a risk-sharing basis to scheduled commercial banks against their priority sector advances in excess of 60% of their outstanding advances.
IBPS Clerk application and online registration process :
IBPS Clerk Apply Online 2020 Institute will accept IBPS Clerk online application forms from September to October 2020 which is over now and you can apply again next year. Interested candidates who meet all the eligibility criteria can start filling IBPS Clerk online application form 2020 from the official website. We advise candidates not to wait until IBPS Clerk 2020 apply online last date. Here, we have explained how to apply for the IBPS clerk step by step. Explore more details about IBPS Clerk 2020 registration steps here.
- Visit the official website of IBPS – www.ibps.in
- Go to ”CRP Clerical” tab
- Click on ”Common Recruitment Process for Clerical Cadre IX”
- Find the online registration link
- Start filling the IBPS Clerk application forms by entering all the details
- Pay the prescribed application fee
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature
- Submit the IBPS Clerk application form
- Download the application form and take a printout for future reference.
- The application fee is 850rs/- per candidate
IBPS Clerk Eligibility criteria:
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Candidates who satisfy all the below eligibility criteria by the IBPS are only eligible to apply online for the recruitment examination. It is advised to explore IBPS Clerk exam eligibility conditions here.
- A degree (graduation) in any discipline from a recognized university or any equivalent qualification.
- The age should be from 20 to 28 years.
- One who possesses proficiency in the official language of the State/UT for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply is preferable.
- Candidates must possess operating and working knowledge in computer systems.
- One should have a Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer/ Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
What is IBPS’s full form?
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts the IBPS PO exam to select candidates for the post of Probationary Officers (PO)/Management Trainee (MT)
How can I apply for the IBPS exam in 2020?
Visit IBPS .in and click on ‘CWE PO/MT’. Click on the option “Click Here to Apply Online for CWE Probationary Officers/ Management Trainee (CWE PO/ MT- IX). Click on “Click Here for New Registration” tab and enter your Email ID, Mobile Number and other details to register for the exam
How can I apply for IBPS RRB 2020?
- Candidates can only apply online only from, and there is no other mode of application will be accepted.
- Candidates should log on to the official website of IBPSibps.in.
- Click on the “CWE– RRBs” link.
- Click on Common Recruitment Process– Regional Rural Bank
What is IBPC banking?
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has allowed private and foreign banks’ to treat their investments in inter-bank participatory certificates (IBPCs) issued by public sector banks as direct lending to the priority sector. … In banking parlance, this arrangement is called inter-bank participation certificate (IBPC
Which instrument is used for the interbank transactions?
Instrument # 6.
This scheme is known as the Bills Rediscounting Scheme (BRDS). Banks and permitted financial entities may invest by way of rediscounting trade bills of other eligible banks against a Usance Promissory Note issued by such bank
What is interbank money?
The interbank call money market is a short-term money market which allows for large financial institutions, such as banks, mutual funds, and corporations, to borrow and lend money at interbank rates, the rate of interest that banks charge when they borrow funds from each other
WHO issues priority sector lending certificates?
Government of India vide Notification dated February 04, 2016, has specified “Dealing in Priority Sector Lending Certificates (PLCs) in accordance with the Guidelines issued by Reserve Bank of India” as a form of business under Section 6 (1)(o) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949
What are the objectives of the money market?
The objectives of the money market are to implement the monetary policy of the country. Monetary policy has three main objectives — growth, equity and price stability. The objective of the monetary policy in the first decade of planning was the revival of traditional weapons of monetary control