IBSAT- Icfai Business Studies Aptitude Test
IBSAT exam gets you Get MBA admission in ICFAI B-schools, an important online computer-based MBA entrance test conducted across India by ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (a deemed to be University) and is the gateway to MBA/PGPM 2021-23 at 9 campuses of ICFAI Business School (IBS).
IBSAT Eligibility criteria :
ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education has prescribed three major Eligibility Requirements to appear in IBSAT in December. The Eligibility criteria will be checked from August 2021 onwards. The onus of ensuring that they satisfy the eligibility criteria rests solely with the candidates.
Key points in the eligibility criteria for IBSAT are:
- The minimum eligibility criteria required is graduation in any discipline with not less than 50 percent marks.
- The candidates in their final year of graduation are eligible to apply provided they are able to complete their graduation including any type of practical etc. examination before May 31, 2021.
- The last date for submission of proof of graduation is November 1, 2021.
- The Applicant must have gone through a minimum of 15 years of regular education i.e. 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 basis. ( i.e you will have to complete your education up to graduation)
- These are AICTE guidelines that no candidate with less than 15 years of education up to graduation is eligible to appear in IBSAT
- Graduates with a course of one-time sitting basis or on a two years basis will not be eligible.
- For the Ph.D. program, apart from the above 2 years, full-time Post Graduation in Management or other professional qualification like CA/ICWA with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent will be required.
Education in English Medium Or must have TOEFL/NELT/IELTS Scores
- Candidates applying for IBSAT should ensure that they have studied with English as a medium of instruction.
- Applicants not meeting the criteria of English as a medium of instruction at the undergraduate level are supposed to submit the TOEFL/NELT/IELTS score by May 31, 2021.
IBSAT Entrance Exam details:
One of the important but easier MBA entrance exam – IBSAT has the following key highlights:
|IBSAT Conducting Body||ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (a deemed to be University)|
|IBSAT Exam Date in 2020||December 26 & 27, 2020|
|Number of MBA colleges under IBSAT||9|
|Mode of Exam||Online computer-based test of 2 hours duration|
|Exam Application Fee||Rs.1800/-|
|IBSAT Full Form||ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test|
|Total Questions in IBSAT||140|
|Sectional Division of Exam||4 Sections on VA, RC, QA, DADI|
|Number of Questions in Each Section||VA-50; RC-30; QA-30; DA&DI-30|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Scoring Pattern||+1 Mark for Correct answer, No negative marking|
|IBSAT Exam Difficulty Level||Easy to Moderate|
|Importance of Taking IBSAT 2020 exam||Offers Admission opportunity in 9 ICFAI B-schools|
|IBSAT exam application process||Online & Offline|
IBSAT placements in different colleges :
|ICFAI Business School||Fee (Rs.in Lakhs)||Average Placements (Rs.in Lakhs)|
|IBS Mumbai||8.02||6.44 LPA|
|IBS Bengaluru||8.02||5.98 LPA|
|IBS Gurgaon||8.02||6.05 LPA|
|IBS Pune||8.02||6.32 LPA|
IBSAT exam date & Procedure :
IBSAT Registration process is open till December, with a registration fee of Rs.1800/-. The registration process is online as well as offline.
IBSAT login details: The online application is available at the IBSAT exam website – https://www.ibsindia.org/
After successful transactions, candidates will receive a mail/SMS with details of the application number and password.
Offline Application will be available at the 50 IBS FTP Branches across India, to find the nearest branch at your location visit IBSAT 2020 website
Step by Step IBSAT 2020 Registration Process
Step-1: Register as New User and Enter your Mail ID
Step-2: Complete the 4 Pages of Registration & Application. Make Payment and Submit
- Page-1: Profile
- Page-2: Review
- Page-3: Make Payment
- Page-4: Finish
IBSAT exam pattern:
IBSAT is an Online Computer Based Test of 2 hours duration and is scheduled in a testing window of 2 days on December 26 & 27, 2020. The exam is divided into four sections – Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability, and Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation. The total number of questions in the exam are 140. All the questions are of MCQ type.
The IBSAT preparation should be done as per the IBSAT syllabus. The syllabus consists of all important topics in 4 sections of the online test. The exam is divided into
- Verbal Ability
- Reading Comprehension,
- Quantitative Ability,
- Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency sections.
Verbal Ability in IBSAT commands higher weightage than any of the three sections. The IBSAT exam Syllabus covers all the key topics in each of the four sections but the test questions are of moderate difficulty level