Internship for Bachelor of Arts students and Freshers
Bachelor of Arts (BA) is an undergraduate program of 3 years and considered one of the most pursued courses in India, accounting to more than 9 million students. But unfortunately, people, look down on it because it is just a degree compared with and “ENGINEER” or a “DOCTOR” or a “LAWYER”, and, well, on the other hand, there are people who on the completion of their degree in any subject take up master degree in the same subjects and push through with amazing deals in their career. One of the major setbacks is that having a degree in your hand alone will not build your career you will have to do MASTER’s and then while you are working you will have to peruse PhD in the same.
Like for example for a college professor, it is not enough to do BA but he or she has to do a Masters and then join a college for teaching, Whereas while you do B-tech you can For students to pursue Bachelor of Arts, all they need is a minimum passing mark in Class XII from a recognized board. Bachelor of Arts is almost found in any subject that you want to do your graduation in, it is a form of board that helps you choose from a wide range of variety of subjects, You name it. In Bachelor of art several languages, there are many languages you can choose from, of which B.A. English one of most prominent and most chosen subject by all the students know for the different interesting objects in it, like Poetry History of literature and so on. There are colleges that offer BA in Foreign languages you can do your honours in like, German, French, Spanish, Persia, Russia, Arabic, Italian.
Other than those languages we also have a BA in
|Journalism||Mass communication||Telugu||Criminology||Public administration|
|Education Geography||Home science||Music||Physical education||Hindi|
|Mathematics||Computer science||Fine arts||Sociology|
A recent study shows that
- 35.9%of students are enrolled in Bachelor of Arts courses that is the maximum number of students are enrolled in India.
- Bachelor of Arts (23.3 Lakh) degree has been awarded to the maximum number of students.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) has 93.49 lakh students enrolled in it. The percentage of the male is 46.96% and female is 53.04%
- There is presently 2226 foreign Bachelor of Arts students in India with 49.9% of females.
- Average Fees in colleges: INR 10,000 to 60,000
- Core Subjects: English, History, Hindi, Sanskrit, Philosophy, Urdu, Sociology, etc.
- Mode of study: Regular BA, BA Distance, and BA Online.
- Jobs offered to: Executive Assistant, Associate, Executive, Consultant, Counsellor, Content Writer, Foreign Language Expert, Teacher, Subject Matter Expert, Historian, Political Consultant, etc.
- Average Salary: INR 4-7LPA
- Top Recruiting Areas: Banks, Business Houses, Consultancies, Educational Institutes,, Economic Development, Export Companies, Foreign Affairs, Field Research Firms,, Industrial Houses, Law Firms, Lobbying Firms, Media Houses etc.
- Top Companies: Deloitte, ITC Hotels, NIIT, Byju’s, Toppr, BCG, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, KPMG, Accenture, etc.
- Bachelor of Arts Scope: MA, B.Ed, LLB, MBA or Professional Diploma Courses
How do students and fresher Apply for Internship while doing Bachelors of Art – 2020 -2021:
It is not that difficult to apply for an internship in different companies, you just have to search for a particular company that give internship/or volunteer with them in summer vacations while in 2nd year of 3rd year of the degree. Anyhow all companies are in search for students who work for them even if paid little, never the less they create projects for you especially so that you can work on it and they pay you to stipend, it might not be much but you can improve your skills while you complete graduation. Some of the Top Recruiting Areas are Banks, Business Houses, Consultancies, and Educational Institutes.
Frequently asked questions by students and fresher’s doing Bachelor of Arts in English:
Is BA English a good course?
It is a 3 Year undergraduate course dealing with the various distinctions of English as a language, both written and spoken. It is exceptional preparation for careers in teaching, media, and advertising, writing, and publishing
What can I do after a BA in English?
- Professional Writing. With this degree in hand, you can take up writing, professionally. …
- One of the most popularly opted for courses after bachelor of art in English MBA. …
- Mass Communication.
- Social Media Marketing.
- Civil Services.
- Public Relations.
- Event management.
What are the Major subjects of BA?
- Bachelor of art in English.
- Bachelor of art in French.
- Bachelor of art in Psychology.
- Bachelor of art in Sociology.
- Bachelor of art in Philosophy.
- Bachelor of art in History.
- Bachelor of art in Religious Studies.
How do students and freshers doing Bachelor of Arts prepare resume to apply for an internship?
Follow the below instructions to make a resume for an internship:
- Include information about volunteer work and extracurricular school activities or teams you participated in. Include the courses you have taken in school, your GPA, and standardized testing schools as well, especially if you feel like your résumé is too short.
- Be descriptive in including your job functions, not just the names and dates of your employment. Instead of just saying that you served as an office assistant, describe duties like sending company-wide emails, drafting press releases, reordering office supplies, receiving and redirecting phone calls, and handling mail intake.
- If you do have a lot of experience to fill up your resume, try to be concise. A résumé should be no longer than two pages long.
- Design it so that the information can easily be gleaned by a skim read. Bullet points are a good way to emphasize the most important information.
- Ask a teacher or a professional to read your resume and give advice.
- Consult your network( company)
- Write a strong objective statement for your resume
- Let your resume show your strongest asset
- Include any work experience if you have any
- Include achievements in your college.
- Keep it simple.
The below link will guide you to get more resumes, and also it gives sample resumes
How do students and freshers doing Bachelor of Arts attend an interview for Industrial Engineering internship?
To go to attend an interview you will first have to apply in companies which need you to be recruited as an intern so, after you apply you will get a call, and then you will go to attend it, and the below are questions usually asked there go prepared with them, While you answer them, let your answer be short and crisp, and let it be weighted with very little words you use, you don’t need to elaborate much on answering as they don’t have that time.
- Tell us about yourself.
- Why have you applied for this internship?
- Why have you applied for an internship at our place?
- Why do you want to work in this company?
- What are your strengths?
- How do you prioritize your work?