Internship for MECHANICAL ENGNEERING Students
Introduction for Mechanical Engineering Internship:
Mechanical engineering is the study of design, development, construction, and testing of mechanical and thermal sensors and devices, including tools, engines, and machines. … Mechanical engineers work mostly in engineering services, research and development, and manufacturing.
How to Apply for Mechanical Engineering Internship:
It is not that hard to apply for the internship in different companies, you just have to search for a particular company that gives internship for mechanical students, and most important subject of your interest, anyhow all companies are in search for students who work for them in less pay and they create projects for you especially so that you can work on it and they pay you to stipend, it might not be much but you can improve your skills while you complete graduation.
1) Garages and Service centres:
If you’re interested in automobiles and you are passionate about them, want to know how things work in a car or a bike they get an internship in service centres and garages. Eicher, Mahindra, Royal Enfield, Maruti etc. Do provide internships to students.
2) BiG INDUSTRIALS:
Like L&T, SIEMENS, INFOSYS too provide internships to engineering students. You can put a mail to the HR guys of these companies and if you’re fortunate enough you might end up as an intern in any of these big companies. Well in most of the cases all you need is quality of agreement and appropriateness.
3) PSU(Public sector units ):
Also provides engineering students with internships. Indian Railways is one such big company that takes in graduates (Students still studying). People also did internships in BARC, BHEL etc.
You can do an internship in summer with IIT. They make a number of projects for which they need interns, you can always hit it
Internship for 2nd-year Mechanical Engineering Students
When a student reaches the second year of engineering, they are already well equipped with some knowledge of theory on MECHANICS and what are subjects related, while you are doing semesters you can do internships while you get a break in the middle, in summer, and approach the companies for an internship, they will take you in with stipend and this will also give you exposure on the work environment and also will help you to learn more practically than theoretically
Internship for 3rd-year Mechanical Engineering Students
In the third year of engineering you are almost one year to finish the course, by now you will know what your interest is and in which core subject of mechanics you want to excel in, while you are thinking about it you can apply for an internship in different companies like TATA group, Crompton greaves, InfoTech.
Internship for 4th-year Mechanical Engineering Students
By this time you know what your strengths and weaknesses are, so you can approach different companies with your resume and also can take permission from the college to intern with companies which are famous in your course of interest in mechanics, companies like, DAAD WISE.MITACS are some of the companies offer internships for mechanical students.
Companies that offers Mechanical Engineering Internship in Hyderabad:
- Tata groups
- Crompton Greaves
- DAAD WISE.
- General Electric.
- CMERI – Durgapur.
- Tata motors.
- Eicher Tractors.
- Ashok Leyland.
- Private automobile companies
Companies that offers Mechanical Engineering Internship in Mumbai
- MeeraCleanfuels Limited
- Jetic Healthcare Private Limited (Pepodeal)
- Sagar Defence Engineering Private Limited
Companies that offers Mechanical Engineering Internship in Delhi
- GenElek Technologies Private LimitedNew Delhi
- Center Of Digital Excellence Private LimitedNoida
Companies that offers Mechanical Engineering Internship in Chennai
- Auxo Technology Labs Private Limited
- SmartX Connected Products Private Limited
- Auxo Technology Labs Chennai
Frequently asked Mechanical engineering internship questions:
- What is an internship for mechanical engineering students?
- What is the best internship for mechanical engineering students?
- How can I get an internship in the mechanical company?
- How can I get an internship in ISRO?
- How can I do an internship in Tata Motors?
How to prepare a resume to apply for an internship in Mechanical Engineering
- Include information about volunteer work and extracurricular school activities or teams you participated in. Include the courses you have taken in school, your GPA, and standardized testing schools as well, especially if you feel like your résumé is too short.
- Be descriptive in including your job functions, not just the names and dates of your employment. Instead of just saying that you served as an office assistant, describe duties like sending company-wide emails, drafting press releases, reordering office supplies, receiving and redirecting phone calls, and handling mail intake.
- If you do have a lot experience to fill up your résumé, try to be concise. A résumé should be no longer than two pages long.
- Design it so that the information can easily be gleamed by a skim read. Bullet points are a good way to emphasize the most important information.
- Ask a teacher or a professional to read your résumé and give advice.
- Consult your network( company)
- Write a strong objective statement for your resume
- Let your resume show your strongest asset
- Include any work experience if you have any
- Include achievements in your college.
- Keep it simple.
The below link will guide you to get more resumes, and also it give sample resumes, done over write the resume
How to attend interview for Mechanical engineering internships:
To go to attend an interview you will first have to apply in companies which need you to be recruited as an intern so after you apply you will get a call, and then you will go to attend it, and the below are questions usually asked there go prepared with them, While you answer them, let your answer be short and crisp, and let it be weighted with very little words you use, you don’t need to elaborate much on answering as they don’t have that time.
- Tell us a about yourself.
- Why have you applied for this internship?
- Why have you applied for an internship at our place?
- Why do you want to work in this company?
- What are your strengths?
- How do you prioritise your wor