Internship for Structural Engineering Students and Freshers
Introduction for Structural Engineering:
Structural engineering is the study designing structural and non-structural elements that bear loads. Structural engineering determines the stability and longevity of a load-bearing item, and design building plans accordingly, for the most of it, we can relate this to Civil Engineering but not vice versa.
How do students and fresher Apply for Internship on Structural Engineering 2020-2021?
It is not that difficult to apply for an internship in different companies, you just have to search for particular companies that give internship for structural engineering, and most important subject of your interest in this stream, anyhow all companies are in search for students who work for them even if paid little, never the less they create projects for you especially so that you can work on it and they pay you to stipend, it might not be much but you can improve your skills while you complete graduation. Some of the top recruiters Hindustan Construction Company, L & T.DLF, Tata Projects, Gammon India, Sobha Developers Ltd, Shapoorji Pallonji & Company, Unitech.
Internship for 2nd-year Structural Engineering Students & freshers 2020 -2021:
When a student reaches the second year of engineering, they are already into the course and will get to know about subjects theoretically, while you are doing that you can simultaneously internships while you get a break in the middle, in summer, and approach the companies for an internship, they will take you in with stipend offered monthly, and this will also give you exposure on the work environment and also will help you to learn more practically than theoretically.
Internship for 3rd-year Structural Engineering Students & freshers 2020-2021:
In the third year of engineering, Here in this year you are well equipped with the knowledge of the almost all the subjects till the first semester and also you have one year ahead to finish the course, by now you will know what your interest is and in which core subject you want to excel in, while you are thinking about it you can apply for an internship in different companies in the summer vacations and improve your skills.
Internship for 4th-year Structural Engineering Students & freshers 2020-2021:
By this time you know what your strengths and weaknesses are, so you can approach different companies with your resume and also can take permission from the college to intern with companies which are famous in your course of interest, pretty much the attendance also is taken care by them if you give them the assurance of doing well in internship, most companies are likely to offer internships because they need fresher.
Companies that offer internship for Structural engineering students and freshers in Hyderabad
- Imarat Consulting Services
- Jhandhyala Civil Structural and Architectural C
- ANEWA Engineering Private Limited.
Companies that offer internship for Structural engineering students and freshers in Mumbai:
- Strucon Engineering Consultancy Services
- J J Kikani Associates
- Capstone Consultants Pvt Ltd
Companies that offer internship for Structural engineering students and freshers in Delhi:
- PMG Engineering Private Limited
- Oriental Structural Engineers Private Limited
- Optimal Consultancy Services
Companies that offer internship for Structural engineering students and freshers in Chennai:
- AnuRubi Civil Structural Design Consultants & Training Services
- ESSKAY DESIGN AND STRUCTURES PVT. LTD.
- B & W Architect and structural design consultant
Frequently asked questions by Students & Freshers of Structural ENGNEERING:
1.How do I become a structural engineer?
For this you will need to join in engineering colleges which offer this “rare” course please check in
Internet for colleges which offer structural engineering, you will get into college with entrance exam
2.What are the basics of structural engineering?
Structural engineering is the study designing structural and non-structural elements that bear loads.
3.Structural engineering what is the scope of structural engineering?
This is part of civil engineering so ensures that architectural components are structurally sound.
4.Is Structural Engineering a good career?
It is a rewarding career for one who studies with focus and diligence
5.Is Structural Engineering difficult?
No, it shouldn’t be hard,it is a graduation course
6.Which engineer makes the most money?
Computer Engineer, Aerospace, Nuclear, System engineer, Chemical engineer, Electrical engneer
7.What are the 3 types of structures?
Shell structure, Solid structure, Frame structure
8.Can a civil engineer do structural engineering?
A civil engineer does the duties of a structural engineer. However, the vise versa is not true. In fact,structural engineering is a subject in civil engineering
9.What is structural engineering exactly?
Answered in Question 2 above
10.What is structural engineering in civil engineering?
Structural engineering is a sub-discipline of civil engineering
11.How many years of college do you need to be a structural engineer?
12.Which IIT is best for structural engineering?
- IIT Bombay – Indian Institute of Technology.
- IIT Madras – Indian Institute of Technology.
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal.
- Amity School of Engineering and Technology, Noida.
- CIT Coimbatore – Coimbatore Institute Of Technology.
13.Is Structural Engineering stressful?
Profession is very stressful and the Study hours are very long
14.What skills do you need to be a structural engineer?
Numerical, analytical, in depth Sinitic knowledge, Good problem solving Skills
15.What software do structural engineers use?
Autodesk, AutoCAD, STAAD PRO, SAFE, RISA, NAVISWORKS, AUTODESK Revit, SAP2000, Sketchup
16.When would you use a structural engineer?
When you’re making home improvements that involve the stability of a building.
17.Do structural engineers draw plans?
Structural engineers design the structural frame and foundations for buildings. They produce the drawings and calculations for these. Architects design the rest of the building fabric.
18.Do structural engineers build houses?
19.Why do I need a structural engineer report?
It is to give a professional opinion of a building’s structural
20.What is the aim of structural design?
Methodical investigation of the stability, strength and rigidity
21.How do you calculate structural design?
Many tools are used to calculate design
22.What are the elements of structural design?
Structural elements can be lines, surfaces or volumes. Line elements: Rod – axial loads. Beam – axial and bending loads.
How do students and freshers of structural engineering prepare a resume to apply for an internship?
Follow the below instructions to make a resume for an internship:
- Include information about volunteer work and extracurricular school activities or teams you participated in. Include the courses you have taken in school, your GPA, and standardized testing schools as well, especially if you feel like your résumé is too short.
- Be descriptive in including your job functions, not just the names and dates of your employment. Instead of just saying that you served as an office assistant, describe duties like sending company-wide emails, drafting press releases, reordering office supplies, receiving and redirecting phone calls, and handling mail intake.
- If you do have a lot experience to fill up your resume, try to be concise. A résumé should be no longer than two pages long.
- Design it so that the information can easily be gleamed by a skim read. Bullet points are a good way to emphasize the most important information.
- Ask a teacher or a professional to read your resume and give advice.
- Consult your network( company)
- Write a strong objective statement for your resume
- Let your resume show your strongest asset
- Include any work experience if you have any
- Include achievements in your college.
- Keep it simple.
The below link will guide you to get more resumes, and also it gives sample resumes
How do Students & freshers attend interview for Structural Engineering internship?
To go to attend an interview you will first have to apply in companies which need you to be recruited as an intern so , after you apply you will get a call, and then you will go to attend it, and the below are questions usually asked there go prepared with them, While you answer them, let your answer be short and crisp, and let it be weighted with very little words you use, you don’t need to elaborate much on answering as they don’t have that time.
- Tell us a about yourself.
- Why have you applied for this internship?
- Why have you applied for an internship at our place?
- Why do you want to work in this company?
- What are your strengths?
- How do you prioritise your work?