Internship for students and Freshers of Diploma
The diploma is a certificate awarded by an educational institute to show that someone has successfully completed a course of study, but it specifically focuses on enhancing the practical skills of the student, so when a student applies for he/she is efficient in the practical knowledge of that particular stream. Few important factors to ponder are – Diploma is a course that varies depending on the stream that you want to take for example if you want to go for Diploma in beauty course, This course will help the girls to open their beauty parlors or get employed on good remuneration with a Beautician, Fitness Centre, etc. Duration: Certificate Course Six Months or, diploma Course One Year. Whereas it is not the same with a diploma in engineering, a Diploma in Engineering is a professional course which is of a total of 3 years’ duration. The candidates who have passed class 10th or 12th can apply for admission to Diploma in Engineering. Sometimes, the candidates cannot get admission to BE or B. Tech directly. Therefore, they apply for a degree in Diploma in Engineering which can help them get admission directly to the second year of Engineering, So diploma varies with different courses, and also with that you either do it before or after completion of graduation depending on what the diploma asks of you at that juncture.
Below are some of the diploma courses
- Diploma In Beauty Culture & Hair Dressing.
- Industrial Training Institutes.
- Diploma In Garment Technology.
- Diploma In Stenography.
- Diploma In Laboratory Technician.
- Diploma In Hotel Management& Catering Technology.
- Engineering Diplomas.
- Marine Diplomas.
Merely graduation does not qualify in today’s competitive market. Hence, having a post-graduate diploma course gives you better weightage and knowledge in different fields. Diploma holders are called Junior Engineer. Even a Degree holder starts as Assistant Engineer. It is only in name and anyone in the Technical field recognizes the value of a diploma. The most prominent PG course you do after your degree is, PGDM or the Post Graduate Diploma in Management is a 2-year program offered by autonomous b-schools in India. … The curriculum of PGDM is quite similar to the MBA courses, however, these programs follow a more practical approach to impact management training.
There are also postgraduate courses in diploma like
- PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Software Engineering.
- Diploma in Food and Beverage Services Management.
- Average Fees in colleges: 30k to 1lakh
- Mode of study: Regular, Online, Distance
- Jobs offered to Mechanical Engineer like Mechanical Design Engineer, Piping Designer, Electrical Design Engineer, Assistant Engineer, State Govt.
- Security/Support Staff at airports like Project Managers and Lab Assistants.
- Average Salary: INR 2-3 lakh per annum.
- Top Recruiting Areas: Envision Immigration Consultancy Services Private Limited, Hinduja Global Solutions Limited, Atria Convergence Technologies Limited, CMS IT SERVICES PRIVATE LIMITED, Unnati, Exide Life Insurance Company Ltd, Teleperformance Global Services Pvt Ltd, Tech Mahindra Ltd.
How do students and fresher apply for Internship while pursuing Diploma 2020-2021:
It is not that difficult to apply for an internship in different companies, you just have to search for a particular company that gives internship/or volunteer with them in summer vacations while in 2nd year of 3rd year of the degree. Anyhow all companies are in search of students who work for them even if paid little, never the less they create projects for you especially so that you can work on it and they pay you to stipend, it might not be much but you can improve your skills while you are complete graduation. Some of the Top Recruiting Areas are Banks, Business Houses, Consultancies, and Educational Institutes.
Frequently asked questions by students and fresher’s doing their Diploma:
1. Is a degree higher than a diploma?
The degree is a four-year course, while the diploma is a two-year course. Degree courses are more expensive than diploma ones. Degree holders have higher job potentials and salary packages than diploma holders.
2. What level is a diploma?
3. What is the difference between a diploma and a bachelor’s?
When comparing the two, a Bachelor’s degree represents a higher level of education. While a diploma is a document given to one after the completion of a course, a Bachelor’s degree is a title awarded to a student after he or she completes a college study. … A diploma focuses on the specific skills of a student
4. What is the definition of a diploma?
Certifying that the person has satisfactorily completed a course of study. a document conferring some honor, privilege
How do students and freshers doing a Diploma prepare resume to apply for an internship?
Follow the below instructions to make a resume for an internship:
- Include information about volunteer work and extracurricular school activities or teams you participated in. Include the courses you have taken in school, your GPA, and standardized testing schools as well, especially if you feel like your résumé is too short.
- Be descriptive in including your job functions, not just the names and dates of your employment. Instead of just saying that you served as an office assistant, describe duties like sending company-wide emails, drafting press releases, reordering office supplies, receiving and redirecting phone calls, and handling mail intake.
- If you do have a lot of experience to fill up your resume, try to be concise. A résumé should be no longer than two pages long.
- Design it so that the information can easily be gleaned by a skim read. Bullet points are a good way to emphasize the most important information.
- Ask a teacher or a professional to read your resume and give advice.
- Consult your network( company)
- Write a strong objective statement for your resume
- Let your resume show your strongest asset
- Include any work experience if you have any
- Include achievements in your college.
- Keep it simple.
The below link will guide you to get more resumes, and also it gives sample resumes
How do students and freshers doing a Diploma prepare to attend an interview for Internships in a company?
To go to attend an interview you will first have to apply in companies which need you to be recruited as an intern so, after you apply you will get a call, and then you will go to attend it, and the below are questions usually asked there go prepared with them, While you answer them, let your answer be short and crisp, and let it be weighted with very little words you use, you don’t need to elaborate much on answering as they don’t have that time.
- Tell us about yourself.
- Why have you applied for this internship?
- Why have you applied for an internship at our place?
- Why do you want to work in this company?
- What are your strengths?
- How do you prioritize your work?