Master of Computer Applications (MCA) Course
Master of Computer Application(MCA) is a 2-year post-graduation program. MCA is one of the leading and top PG programs for Degree students to enter into the software. As the majority of the software employees are either B.E or B.tech graduates. MCA helps the degree done students to pursue their career in the IT sector. MCA courses teach the students programming languages, Information technological skills, and other skills which are required for the software sector.
MCA courses provide students with the both technical and theoretical background on the subject with good industrial exposure on the subject. The main goal of the MCA Course is to train the students with industrial standards and make them compatible with each other in the IT sector. The demand for MCA candidates are high as the entry-level IT-related jobs are filled with MCA graduates and after the experience, they can excel in their career.
Skills required for MCA Graduates are Confidence, Good communication, behavioural skills, Good command of the latest programming languages and Good programming skills and hands-on experience, Knowledge of data structure and database, strong technical skills
Eligibility And Admission Process Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- The student must have passed Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree in Bachelors in Computer Applications(BCA) or equivalent from a recognized board.
- The student must have a minimum aggregate of 60% in Graduation.
- Students who are in the final year of their degree can also apply for admission.
- Entrance Based Admission: every year government/private colleges conduct entrance exams for students at a national level, state level or college level entrance exams.
- Students have to get qualifying marks to secure a seat in any college these seats are filled by counselling mode BHU PET, CMAT, TANCET, IPU CET, NIMCET, UPSEE, APICET, TS ICET
- Merit-Based/Management Quota: The merit-based/ management admission to the program is done directly on the basis of the score obtained by the student in Graduation. Some colleges also prepare a cutoff list based on the qualifying examination for admission.
Syllabus of Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
MCA First Year:
|Fundamentals of IT||Object-Oriented Programming in C++||Computer Organization|
|Operating Systems||Programming in C||Database Management Systems|
|Data and File Structures||Software Engineering||Discrete Mathematics|
MCA Second Year:
|Theory of Computation||Data Warehousing and Data Mining||Data Communications and Networking|
|Object-Oriented Analysis and Design||Computer Graphics||Web Technologies|
|Design and Analysis of Algorithms||Computer Networks||Java Programming|
MCA Third Year:
|Linux Programming||Enterprise Computing with Java||Software Testing|
Career Opportunities for Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
MCA opens the door for degree students to enter the IT Industry after successfully completing the course. Graduates who complete MCA works in the field of IT, Software engineering, Network Engineering and Consultancy. Below is the list of the job profiles that you can apply for after course completion:
- Software Developer
- System Engineer
- System Analyst
- Software Application Architect
- System Administrator
- Software Consultant
- Web Designer and Developer
The average salary pay scale for an MCA fresher is between Rs. 3 lakh to Rs. 5 lakh per annum. However, the pay scale depends on the companies and the nature of work.
These are the basic details for a student to know about Master of Computer Applications (MCA) and if you find the article please do share the article with your friends and family and bookmark Graduatesengine.com for further more educational related articles.