MBA Business Analytics
MBA Business Analytics or Master of Business Administration Business Analytics is a post-graduate program that can be completed in 2 years. The minimum requirement to apply for this course is a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% aggregate. Admissions are offered by some top colleges like IIMB, IIMC, NIMS, etc is offered through entrance exams. Students who make it to the cut off in the entrance exam go further with the selection process.
MBA Business Analytics Course details:
- Full-Form: Master of Business Administration Business Analytics
- Duration: 2 years.
- Minimum Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% aggregate marks from a recognized university.
- Admission Process: Entrance-Based
- Top Entrance Exams: CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, CMAT etc.
- MBA Business Analytics Subjects: artificial intelligence, decision analysis, statistics, predictive modeling, marketing, and many more.
- MBA Business Analytics Fees: INR 5- 15 LPA
- MBA Business Analytics Salary: INR 8- 16 LPA
- MBA Business Analytics Jobs: Data Scientist, Statistician, Predictive Modeller, Quantitative Analyst, Project Manager, Market Research Analyst, etc
- Top Recruiters: HCL, Google, Godrej, Amazon, Motorola, Oberoi, HP, Indusind Bank, etc
- Job position: Data Scientist, Statistician, Predictive Modeller, Quantitative Analyst, Project Manager, Market Research Analyst, etc
MBA Business Analytics Eligibility
Eligibility criteria in order to pursue an MBA in Business Analytics the students must complete the following conditions-
- Completed bachelor with a minimum 50% aggregate (45% for SC/ ST category) from a recognized university.
- Students awaiting the final results or are giving their final examination can also apply.
MBA Business Analytics Entrance Exams
It is very important to give an entrance exam without which you cannot get admission into MBA Business Analytics and make the cut off selected by the university or college. Students should know what are the entrance tests accepted by the college they wish to apply to and give those.
Some of the other MBA Business Analytics Entrance Exams are:
- CAT 2020: It is the Common Aptitude Test which is conducted online. It is accepted by most of the Business Colleges including IITs, IIMs among others.
- MAT 2020: The Management Aptitude Test is conducted 4 times a year. It can be given in both online and offline mode. Some of the colleges accepting it are NSHM Knowledge Campus, PIET, etc.
- NMAT 2020:NMAT is conducted by the Graduate Management Aptitude Council. It is an online exam taken over a 75 day period through October to December.
- CMAT 2020: The Common Management Admission Test is a 3-hour online-based exam conducted by The National Testing Agency. It is accepted by colleges such as Great Lakes Institute, IIMR Indore, etc.
- XAT 2020:It is conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur on behalf of XAMI for more than 60 years now. It is a national level aptitude test
MBA Business Analytics in India:
If you want to pursue the MBA in business analytics in India you will have to choose the best college for it, here are few colleges listed for you, (many people choose to do MBA business analytics in Bangalore IIM)
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
- Dehradun School of business management
- Mumbai, School of business management
- Symbiosis center for management, Pune
If you want to do MBA in analytics in CANADA:
You will have to give GRE/ TOFLE exam to get into the following colleges
- University of British
- University of Toronto
- Western university
Here are some MBA in analytics top universities :
|1||MIT (Sloan) Master of Business Analytics|
|2||Imperial College Business School MSc Business Analytics|
|3||Texas (McCombs) Master of Science in Business Analytics|
|4||ESSEC/CentraleSupelec Master in Data Sciences & Business Analytics|
MBA Business Analytics Jobs and Career Options
Successful postgraduates can secure jobs as Business Analyst,, Business Analyst Project Manager, Data Analyst, Business Intelligence Expert, and Data Mining Expert, etc.
Industries such as Financial Services, Retail, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Oil and Gas, Social Media, Gaming, will also offer employment to candidates.
Some of the well-known employers are Accenture, HP, IBM, Cognizant, Tata Consultancy Services, American Express, and so on
The following table gives a list of the MBA Business Analytics jobs and their average salary offered in MBA Business Analytics
MBA Business Analytics Scope
The world of Business Analytics usually revolves around ‘Big Data’ and pursuing a career in this field can offer you a number of opportunities. It is predicted that by the end of the year 2020, 40 Zettabytes of data will be in existence leading to a shot in career opportunities for both Business analysts and Data Scientists. MBA Business Analytics might take your career to:
- Descriptive Analysis: In the descriptive analysis, you would be assigned to get a thorough insight into ways to apply data to understand and find solutions to past and future business situations.
- Predictive Analysis: The predictive analysis involves the analysis of the business performance of your organization in the past.
- Prescriptive Analysis: Here, you explore and sort out optimization procedures to ensure stronger productivity and other factors. This leads to better returns for the company.
After having an MBA Business Analytics degree, a student can go for higher studies as well. They can pursue M.Phil or Ph.D. courses in management to not only get a better grip over the subject but also for ample research opportunities.
MBA Business Analytics FAQs
1)What can you do after an MBA in Business Analytics?
Ans. After the completion of the degree, you can apply for job opportunities as a data analyst, project manager, market research manager, project modeler, data scientist etc.
2)Which is better an MBA or MS in Business Analytics?
An MBA in Business Analytics will give you a wider set of future opportunities while an MS in Business analytics will help score jobs in the data science sector.
3)Does MBA Business Analytics include coding/ programming?
MBA Business analysts deal with work in the IT sector but they do not need to know to code nor do they require it.
4)Is an MBA in Business Analytics worth it?
This specialization in MBA is worth it as it provides skill and knowledge in using data, analytics, and statistics.
5)Which are some of the best colleges for MBA Business Analytics?
Some of the top colleges for MBA in Business Analytics are-
- Lovely professional university
- Great Lakes Institute of Management
- NIT Trichy
6)Which entrance exam is the best to get into the MBA program of Business Analytics?
The entrance exam required by each university or college varies based on individual preference. Students should give the exam based on the university or college they wish to apply to. Some of the most common exams are CAT, NMAT, MAT among others.
7)Can you apply for this program without an entrance exam?
No, most universities do require the minimum cut off in the entrance exam of their choice to be applicable for admission to the MBA Business Analytics program.
8) Which companies can you apply to after an MBA in Business Analytics?
Some of the top companies which hire students with this qualification are Google, Amazon, HP, Motorola, Godrej, HCL etc.