MBA in Healthcare Management
MBA Healthcare Management or Master of Business Administration Healthcare Management are 2-year courses that deal with making professionals for the healthcare industry.
MBA Healthcare Management course details :
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% aggregate marks|
|Admission process||Entrance exam conducted by colleges, GD & PI|
|Entrance Exams||CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, CMAT etc.|
|Course Fee||INR 2 to 10 LPA|
|Average salary||INR 5-12 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Cipla, Apollo Life, Wipro GE Healthcare, Cadila Healthcare, etc MBA Healthcare Management|
|Job Positions||Hospital Administrator, Healthcare Manager, Hospital CFO & CEO, Pharmaceutical Production Manager, Medical Practice Manager|
|College name||Location||Average Annual Fee (INR)|
|Venkateshwara open university||Pune||28,500|
|Suresh Gyan Vihar University||Gurgaon||42,500|
MBA Healthcare Management Admission Process:
The selection process is different for colleges all across the country. A written exam is followed by a round of Group Discussion and a Personal Interview. Students are filtered out on the basis of their personality and basic technical knowledge.
The following steps are to be followed for MBA Healthcare Management Admission:
- Candidates who want to study this course need to apply for management entrances like CAT, MAT, GMAT, etc. However, colleges like Lovely Professional University, Chandighar university, and a few more conduct their own entrance examinations like LPUNEST and CUCET.
- On completion of appearing for these entrances, students are invited by the universities for other rounds of tests.
- Group Discussion– In the group discussion round one candidate needs to present his/her views on the given topics that are current.
- Personal Interview– In this round students will be asked questions about their past education, work experience if any, and future goals.
- Writing Ability Test (WAT)– In this round candidates are provided with a topic to write an essay. In this round, the interviewer understands the thought process and writing ability of the students.
- The final step is to be enrolled under the university of which you have cracked the entire admission process. Final enrolment will require all the necessary academics and personal documents to be submitted.
MBA Healthcare Management Admission :
To get admission in top MBA Healthcare Management colleges like KJ Somaiya institute of management, Acharya Bangalore B-School, etc. The following points must be kept in mind
- Candidates must note down the dates of the entrance exams and apply for the same without delay.
- Prepare keenly for the entrance exam by making notes following the syllabus.
- They have to Keep on building up skills like writing, reading, speaking, etc, as this will help in clearing the Group Discussion, Personal Interview, and the Writing Ability Test.
- Candidates should be aware of the current happenings in and around the world.
- Be committed and focus on giving your best.
MBA Healthcare Management Distance Learning.
MBA Healthcare Management distance learning is available for people who cannot give their two years to campus learning with a high cost of studying. The cost of distance MBA Healthcare Management is very minimum and also easily manages, it ranges from INR 30,000 to 1,00,000, which is less in comparison to the normal college tuition fee.
Essentials point to keep in mind for MBA Healthcare Management distance learning enrolment:
- The minimum eligibility required for this course at distance is to have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Admission to this course from distance is offered either through merit or entrance exams.
- The time required to complete an MBA in Healthcare Management from distance is from 2 to 5 years.
- There is no age limit set for the aspirants eager to pursue this course from distance.
MBA Healthcare Management abroad
to do MBA in health management abroad you will have to give entrance exams as, TOEFL or GRE to get a good score in it, you will need to be good in English grammar and vocabulary mainly, depending on the score you get to choose what college you what to go in abroad
MBA Healthcare Management top Colleges/ Scope of MBA in Healthcare Management
Some of the top MBA Health care management colleges are tabulated below, along with their average fees, salary, and location.
KJ Somaiya institute if management
|College Name||Location||Average Annual Fees (INR)||Average Annual Salary (INR)|
|KJ Somaiya institute if management||Mumbai||7,17,050||10 to 13 LPA|
|Chitkara University||Patiala||2,63,000||7 to 9 LPA|
|Acharya Bangalore B-school||Bangalore||8,10,000||12 to 18 LPA|
|Lovely Professional university||Jalandhar||3,04,000||8 to 20 LPA|
|Manav Rachna international institute of research and studies||Faridabad||2,985,00||7.5 to 14 LPA|
|AIMS Institute||Bangalore||9,00,000||11 to 20 LPA|
|The Prestige Institute of management||Indore||1,19,000||6 to 8 LPA|
|M.P Birla Institute of management||Bangalore||5,30,000||6 to 8LPA|
|Amity global business school||Noida||3,90,000||10 to 17 LPA|
|Universal Business school||Karjat||15,72,805||10.95 to 20.5 LPA|
MBA Healthcare Management Salary, Job description :
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Hospital CEO||Highest-ranking executive of a company, with basic responsibilities of decision making, operation management, communication, along with acting as the key personnel of the hospital.||INR 12 LPA|
|Hospital CFO||The main treasurer of the company, managing company finances, financial risks, financial reporting, and record-keeping, along with making budgets and overseeing the revenue of each section of the hospital.||9 LPA|
|Assistant Operation Manager||Assistant operations managers are in charge of scheduling, staffing, and maintaining customer relations, along with overseeing daily activities and maintaining the budget, income, and cost of the hospital.||6 LPA|
|Physician Relations Liaison||Physician Relations Liaison manages the private practicing doctors and helps them in procuring clients outside of their local network.||4 LPA|
|Healthcare Information Manager||Health information managers ensure the data integrity of the hospital, along with maintaining the privacy and security of the enterprise. They also implement processes and overlook medical record-keeping.||6.5 LPA|
|Oncology Coordinator||Oncology Coordinators effectively manage and deliver care to cancer patients, while maintaining their progress chart and treatment schedules.||6 LPA|
|Medical Practice Manager||Practice managers oversee the commercial side of the medical practice and are responsible for training staff, keeping records, complying with industry relations, and hiring fresh talent.||7 LPA|
|Hospital Administrator||The hospital administrator supervises administrative operations, oversees annual budgets, implementing policies, and preparing work schedules.||INR 4.79 LPA|
|Claims Manager||Claims managers manage and administer billing services of the medical operations, along with maintaining revenue tabs.||4.5 LPA|
Some of the frequently asked questions :
MBA Healthcare Management course in summary:
The course is split into 4 semesters, spanning over six months each. Candidates, who have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a score of 50%, all from any nationally syndicated university, can apply for the course. To get admission into the top colleges of MBA Healthcare Management India like Chitkara University, Lovely Professional University, etc candidates are required to give MBA entrance exams, like NAMT, XAT, CMAT, etc
MBA Healthcare Management college fee:
Along with various projects and case studies, students willing to pursue this course will also have to study major subjects of the fields like Essentials of Healthcare Administration, Hospital Operation, Quality Management in Hospitals, etc. To study a full-time program of MBA Healthcare Management India tuition fee ranges from INR 2 to 10 LPA.
MBA Healthcare Management distance learning:
Students can also opt for MBA Healthcare Management distance learning offered by universities like Venkateshwara Open University, Anna University, etc. To study this program from distance, you will need to pay a fee of INR 30,000 to 1,00,000.
MBA Healthcare Management Salary | MBA in Healthcare Management Jobs
Once the course is over, the graduates can expect a beginner salary of around INR 5.2 LPA MBA jobs in areas such as Healthcare Management, Hospital Administration, Medical Practice Manager, etc. With the top salary for this full-term professional can go up to INR 12 LPA, some of the top recruiters of this field are Cipla, Apollo Life, Wipro GE Healthcare, Cadila Healthcare, etc.
What can I do on completion of an MBA in Healthcare Management? / What can I do with an MBA healthcare Management in my hand?
On the successful completion of this course, one can also consider studying further in the same field. A P.hd in Hospital administration is one of the most popular degrees in this field. Studying further will not only bring a bunch of opportunities but will also offer recognition and better knowledge of the subject.