MBA Information Technology 2021-2022
MBA information technology, known as MBA IT, is a postgraduate course, a 2 years master’s degree program in management. The rising era of digitalization has increased the demand for this particular course.
It is one of the most chosen courses in current times. The minimum eligibility to acquire this course is a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a renowned institute with an aggregate of 50% marks or an equivalent CGPA. Few institutes might even ask for some work experience and an experience of 2 years is relevant. You will need to give the entrance exam for getting admission to this course.
This course is only designed for IT sector professionals who are looking for management positions. This course adequately mixes studies related to business and management along with technology. The syllabus consists of technical terms like topics like system analysis and design, database management systems, etc.
MBA Information Technology course ELIGIBILITY :
Minimum educational qualification required is – completed Bachelor’s Degree course from a recognized University/Institute
MBA Information Technology Course details:
Some of the popular and commonly asked highlights of this course are given in the table below.
|Course Name||MBA IT|
|Duration||2 years (4 semesters or 6 trimesters)|
|Eligibility||Graduation in any discipline|
|Admission Process||Entrance test+GD+PI|
|Top Entrance Exams||CAT, XAT, NMAT, CMAT, SNAP, MAT, etc.|
|Average Course Fee||INR 12-15 Lakhs|
|Average Salary after the course||INR 10,00,000|
|Top Recruiting companies||Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, Accenture, IBM, etc.|
Why do I take MBA Information Technology in India/ Is MBA Information Technology worth it?
- MBA IT is one of the most wanted MBA courses in India right now.
- The candidates get huge job opportunities in various IT firms with opportunities in the Finance sector, Taxation sector, Corporate Sector, and many more.
- This course is not limited to the IT sector only. On completion of this course, one can actually choose in which field they want to work.
- Because of the digitalization of workplaces all around the world, the importance of this course is expected to rise further in the future also.
- MBA is often called a Career enhancer as it enables MBA graduates to command higher salaries.
- It is a course that satisfies one’s enthusiasm and hunger for success. Best choice If you are looking to become a top entrepreneur, then MBA has that potential.
- You can discover various Business related opportunities and brush up your business knowledge and technical skills.
Course Comparison- MBA IT and PGDM
MBA and PGDM are 2 often confused courses by students. So, here we bring to you the chief differences between PGDM and MBA IT courses.
|Overview||It is a post-graduate program which is of fixed 2 years duration. The students are taught about every aspect of the course in detail, with equal emphasis on both theory and practical courses.||It is a post-graduate diploma course for working professionals. It does not have any fixed time frame and varies from institute to institute. It mainly focuses on practical knowledge rather than theoretical knowledge.|
|Institute type||Generally, the colleges which are affiliated to a university can offer an MBA course. For eg: IIM, Xavier Labour Institute, etc.||Autonomous institutes like IIMs, XLRI, SIBM, etc can offer PGDM courses. They are approved by AICTE.|
|Objective||An MBA in IT will provide you with the skills needed to manage both IT systems and employees.||It is more focused on giving practical knowledge. A practical approach is being used for every aspect. Moreover, students will become industry-oriented and adaptable to the corporate world.|
|Duration||2 years||1-2 years|
|Curriculum||The curriculum is not revised frequently as the colleges cannot introduce changes without the consent of the university||The curriculum is flexible here as the colleges can introduce elemental changes on their own|
|Fees||10-23 lakhs||10-30 lakhs|
MBA Information Technology top colleges, Tuition fee, Average income on placements :
Some of the top MBA IT colleges in India are given in the table below along with their fees and placement package.
Name of the college
|Location||Tuition fee||Average package after placement|
|Faculty of management studies||New Delhi||10,480||23.1 LPA|
|ICFAI business school||Hyderabad||7,02,000||7.32 LPA|
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of management studies||Mumbai||6,00,000||18.91 LPA|
|IIM Ahmedabad||Ahmedabad||11,50,000||25.83 LPA|
|IIM, Lucknow||Lucknow||11,65,000||24.25 LPA|
|IIM, Bangalore||Bangalore||11,58,000||26.28 LPA|
|GIBS Business school||Bangalore||6,15,000||5.35 LPA|
|IIM Calcutta||Kolkata||11,58,000||27. LPA|
MBA IT Top Recruiters/ MBA Information Technology Jobs
The following are some top recruiting national companies for MBA IT graduate:
There are several foreign companies also that look for individuals and their competitive skills, like Apple, Foxconn, HP, ESPN, ABC, Disney, Microsoft, etc.
MBA IT Salary Trends:
- India is one of the best places for MBA IT Graduates, as it is a hub of many IT MNCs. There are an infinite number of job opportunities in cities like Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Noida, Gurugram, etc.
- The average salary offered to a fresher is INR 3-5 lakh per annum while it is INR 10-15 lakh per annum offered for candidates who have experience of 5 years or more.
- This is much higher when it comes to top-tier institutions.
- The salary hike in this industry is 6% per year or above.
Frequently asked question on MBA IT :
What is an MBA in Information Technology?
An MBA in Information Technology integrates business management and technology knowledge into an advanced graduate program. While MBA programs traditionally take two years of full-time study
|Management Process and Organisational Behaviour||Managerial Skills Development (NUES)|
|Managerial Economics||Financial and Management Accounting|
|Database Management and Administration (DBMA)||Quantitative Techniques for Decision Making|
|Management of Technology Innovation and Change||Practical- DBMA Lab|