Master of Computer Application
About Master of Computer Applications (MCA):
This is a course that aims to improve software skills and strengthens computer application knowledge. This prepares the students ready for the industry requirements so that they can bloom in the corporate IT Sector. MCA courses are mainly based on the implementation of programming languages, IT skills, and other such concepts with a curriculum with a lot of detail that stretches to five semesters. The sixth and final semester is given to industrial training/ internship and project
We suggest you read the whole article so as to know the full information if you are really to opt for this course
Here in this article we will the topics listed below:
- MCA- Master of computer application Eligibility
- Master of computer application Admission process
- Master of computer application salary
- MCA syllabus/ Subjects
- MCA specialization
- MCA course duration
- Scope of mca in abroad
Master of computer application Eligibility Criteria?
Following is eligibility criteria to be fulfilled for admission into the Master of Computer Applications :
- Graduation in computer applications, computer science, or related field with a minimum of 50% marks obtained at the UG level.
- Mathematics as one of the subjects in Class 12 is compulsory.
This is just a basic overview of the eligibility criteria, it may be different in different colleges.
For Example: At Delhi University, the minimum percentage required is 60% in the Bachelor of Computer Application.
What is the MCA Admission Process?
The admission in these courses usually takes place through university level entrance exams or state level entrance exams like IPU CET, MAH CET, etc.
- Direct Admission– Direct admissions are done on the basis of merit in qualifying exams. Some institutes also provide admission on management quota, which is also one way of direct admission. Management quota seats in every college are reserved. The fee is generally higher for these seats than general seats.
- Entrance Test– After taking the entrance test, qualified students are called for a counseling session. Counseling is conducted for seat allotment in various colleges affiliated to that university. Students are admitted after an allotment of seats in counseling.
Master of computer application: Course details
Some essential course details of the MCA course are as below.
|MCA Full Form||Master of Computer Applications|
|MCA Course Duration||2 years|
|Eligibility||Minimum 50-60% in BCA or a related course with Mathematics in Class 12 as a compulsory subject|
|Admission Process||Direct Admission or Through Entrance Exams|
|Top Colleges||NITs, JNU, DU, IP University, Mumbai University, VIT, etc.|
|Average Fees||INR 1-5 lakhs|
|Top Job Positions||Software Developer, Web Developer, System Analyst, Data Analyst, Troubleshooter, Technical Writer, System Administrator, etc.|
|Average Salary||INR 3-8 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Accenture, Deloitte, Sapient, Infosys, TCS, IBM, Chegg, etc.|
Apart from a regular MCA course. Students can go for MCA online as well as MCA distance education.
Tabulated below are some of the important information related to the types of MCA
|Parameter||MCA Distance Education||CA online|
|Mode||Away from university infrastructure||Online through web facility|
|Duration||2-5 Years||6 Months-4 Years|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Average Fees||INR 40,000-1,50,000||INR 30,000-1,50,000|
|Top Colleges||IGNOU||University of Mysore|
|Annamalai University||Amity University|
|The University of Mumbai( Distance education)|
|Tamil Nadu Open University|
Frequently asked questions :
Is MCA a 2-year course?
The Master of Computer Application (MCA) course will now be a two-year course. It was decided to reduce the course duration by one year, in the 545th Meeting of the University Grant Commission (UGC) held in December 2019
What are the MCA subjects?
|1||Mathematical Foundation of Computer Science|
|2||Accounting and Financial Management|
|4||Computer and ‘C’ Programming|
How do I become an MCA?
- Any graduate who has passed or appearing for the final year degree examination in any discipline (Science, Commerce, Arts, Engineering or any approved University) is eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have mathematics as a subject in their 10+2 course or any one year of graduation. B.C.A.
Which is the best MCA or MBA?
For instance, MBA is suitable for those candidates who are good at managerial plus administration skills and can handle stress and deadlines whereas MCA is suitable for those individuals who are interested in general computer applications and want to enhance their insight to be more technically sound