Top 10 Skills Required for Engineering Students
A skillset is the knowledge, abilities, and experience needed to perform a job.
1. Communication: Being able to communicate effectively is perhaps the most important of all life skills. Communication enables us to pass information to other people through a proper media/channel/language to understand.
2. Creativity: Creativity is the act of turning new ideas into reality. Creativity is characterized by the ability to find hidden patterns/actions which make connections between unrelated phenomena to generate solutions for a problem.
3. Problem-solving: The phenomenon of ability to identify and define the problem which generating alternative solutions, evaluating the solving techniques and selecting the best alternative to implementing the selected solution.
“We cannot solve every problem with the same thinking of strategy and solving approach used when we created them.” – Albert Einstein
4. Technical knowledge: Having excellent knowledge is the DNA of a GREAT ENGINEER. The need to understand and make use of the subject in the course of every project is more than necessary. Technical skills are the person’s abilities that contribute his technical knowledge directly to the performance of a given job.
5. Curiosity: It is having a strong desire to learn or know something It. Curiosity is the key to learning. If you won’t be at the front of the race, you need to have a curious mind.
6. Teamwork: Teamwork is the collaborative effort of a group of person to achieve a common goal and to complete the task in an effective way. Most of the companies follow this teamwork strategy for acquiring their milestones.
7. Interpersonal skills: The ability to communicate with other people. Interpersonal skills help us to interact with others effectively. It includes everything from communication, body posture and listening skills.
8. Presentation skills: Presenting information clearly is a key skill in getting your message. presentation skills are required in every field. These skills help the presenter to communicate confidently.
9. Leadership skills: Excellent leadership skills are required in many occupations, especially if you aspire to a managerial position. It means to lead or guide other individuals, team or organisation.
10. Commitment: It is defined as the level of enthusiasm an employee has sincerely doing tasks at a workplace. It is the responsibility of a person has towards the goals and works.