Top B Pharm Colleges In Chennai
Advancements in technology have played a crucial role in the development of human civilization from using plant herbs and other naturally obtained medicinal plants and making advanced medicine by using technology is a thing of the 21st Century. Pharmacy sector has grown to new heights in the present generation by almost providing medicine for any type of diseases and helping in the prevention of other diseases by developing vaccines for it. B Pharm is one of the top and leading courses for medical students other than MBBS. Pharmacy is the course which deals with medicine testing like clinical trials of the upcoming medicine and providing tablets or medicine for the patients who are in need. Chennai, India has few top pharmaceutical companies which have production units in the city. Chennai, India is one of the top metro cities and has many top and the best colleges and universities to study B pharm.
Is B pharmacy a good career?
Yes, definitely a good career choice. In Chennai, there are wide varieties of opportunities in the pharma sector for graduates. Demand for the course is never going to fade as it is one of the essential sectors. M.pharm and PhD programs are available to further your career. Top pharma companies are also situated in the city which creates hopes to pass out graduates for job opportunities.
What is the eligibility for B Pharmacy?
Eligibility for B pharmacy is intermediate or Plus two, either through state entrance or through management quota you can get a seat in the pharmacy colleges.
In Tamil Nadu, Every year Government conducts TNEA exam for Intermediate completed students and allot the seats based on the scores of the candidates. The course duration for B.pharm is 4 year.
What are jobs and Industries after B Pharmacy?
4.Sales and Marketing
8.Production and manufacturing
For the graduates to have the best career, the college also plays a major role in the development of the graduates. Only a few top B pharm colleges provide campus placements for the students. There are some Top B pharm colleges in Chennai for the students to look into which provide best facilities like Labs, Faculties and other student-related programs. Below is the list of the Top B pharm colleges in Chennai
1.S R M INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY(SRM COLLEGE OF PHARMACY)[SRM], CHENNAI
- SRM College of Pharmacy, SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University), Kattankulathur is one of the premier institutions for pharmaceutical education and research in the country.
- The college was started in the year 1992 affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University and was later brought under the ambit of SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University) in 2005.
- The college now offers B.Pharm, M.Pharm. (Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy and Pharmacy Practice), M.B.A (Pharma), PhD and Pharm .D courses.
SRM Establishment: 1992
SRM Accreditations: PCI
SRM Affiliated To Private University
SRM Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% +TNEA/Entrance Exam
SRM Cut off: Candidates securing qualified marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 50% will be eligible.
SRM Fee Structure: Rs-1.75 Lakhs
SRM Location: Campus Address SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur – 603 203 Chengalpattu District, Tamil Nadu.
2.SRI RAMACHANDRA INSTITUTE OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND RESEARCH [SRIHER], CHENNAI
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute were established by Sri Ramachandra Educational and Health Trust in the year 1985 as a private non-profit self-financing institution dedicated to serving the society as a Centre of Excellence with emphasis on medical education, research and healthcare.
- Because of its academic excellence, the Government of India declared Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute as a Deemed University in September 1994 under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
- The Trust achieved the task of establishing this Institution as a “Centre of Excellence” under the leadership of Late Shri. N.P.V. Ramasamy Udayar who was the Founder & Managing Trustee of the Trust and also the first Chancellor of the Deemed University.
- Shri. V.R. Venkatachalam is currently the Chancellor of the Deemed University and also the Managing Trustee of the Trust. Shri R.V. Sengutuvan is the Pro-Chancellor of Deemed University.
SRIHER Establishment: 1985
SRIHER Accreditations: PCI, AICTE
SRIHER Affiliated To Private University
SRIHER Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% +TNEA/Entrance Exam
SRIHER Cut off: Candidates securing qualified marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 50% will be eligible.
SRIHER Fee Structure: Rs-1.25 Lakhs
SRIHER Location: Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research (Deemed to be University), No.1 Ramachandra Nagar Porur, Chennai – 600 116 Tamil Nadu, India.
3.VELS INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY & ADVANCED STUDIES [VISTAS], CHENNAI
- Vels College of Pharmacy was started by the Vael’s Educational Trust in 1992. Time to time the Vels College of Pharmacy had grown by introducing undergraduate, postgraduate and Doctoral programmes in Pharmacy and in the year 2008 the college was transformed to School of Pharmaceutical Sciences under Vels Institute of Science Technology and Advanced Studies (VISTAS), DEEMED TO BE UNIVERSITY ESTD U/S 3 OF THE UGC ACT, 1956.
- The School of Pharmaceutical Sciences provides excellent infrastructural facilities to carry out research on par with international standards. The Programmes offered by the school are duly approved by AICTE/ UGC/PCI. The School undertakes collaborative research projects with various organizations and hospitals. Campus Interviews are conducted regularly for providing better placement for the students. The School is equipped with State-of-the-Art laboratories, computers and a treasure trove of books.
- The School of Pharmaceutical Sciences has an approved Institutional Animal Ethics Committee framed as per the guidelines of the Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals (CPCSEA) and a well-established Animal Room to cater the experimental needs. The duly constituted Human Ethics Committee strictly follows the guidelines prescribed by ICMR and facilitates the research involving human subjects. The School also runs a generic medicine store which provides the drugs at a subsidized cost under Pradhan Mantri Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) scheme
VISTAS Establishment: 1992
VISTAS Accreditations: UGC, NAAC GRADE A
VISTAS Affiliated To Private University
VISTAS Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% +TNEA/Entrance Exam
VISTAS Cut off: Candidates securing qualified marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 50% will be eligible.
VISTAS Fee Structure: Rs-1.70 Lakhs
VISTAS Location: Velan Nagar P.V. Vaithiyalingam Road Pallavaram Chennai – 600 117 Tamil Nadu, India
4.COLLEGE OF PHARMACY, MADRAS MEDICAL COLLEGE[MMC], CHENNAI
- Madras Medical College was the first institution in India to start Pharmacy Education and Training. A Certificate course with one-year duration called “Chemist and Druggist Course” was started in the year 1897 to train personnel for dispensing drugs. Consequent to the constitution of Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), the Chemist and Druggist Course was abolished and a new two-year course “Diploma in Pharmacy” was commenced in the year 1955 with an annual intake of 60 students.
- Madras Medical College, the second in India and the first institution in South India offered a two year Degree course “B.Sc. (Pharmacy)” affiliated to Madras University from the year 1939 with an annual intake of 10 students. This degree course was further modified as the Bachelor of Pharmacy course in the year 1950 with a duration of three years which was later increased to four years.
- M. Sc. (Pharmacy) was started in 1956 with a duration of two years but discontinued in 1975 and M.Pharmacy course in four specialities was started in 1995.
- A separate College of Pharmacy, Madras Medical College was established in the year 2008 and a post of Principal was also sanctioned. The College offers B.Pharmacy, M.Pharmacy and PhD programme and has under its control three departments namely, Department of Pharmaceutics, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Department of Pharmacognosy
MMC Establishment: 1835
MMC Accreditations: PCI, AICTE
MMC Affiliated To State University
MMC Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% +TNEA/Entrance Exam
MMC Cut off: Candidates securing qualified marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 50% will be eligible.
MMC Fee Structure: Rs-16,200
MMC Location: Station, near Park Town, Park Town, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600003
5.SATHYABAMA INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY(SCHOOL OF PHARMACY)[SIST], CHENNAI
- The School of Pharmacy has been approved by the Pharmacy Council of India, All India Council of Technical Education and University Grants Commission. The school started its first batch in the academic year of 2019-20.
- The school has 6 modern classrooms, 13 modular laboratories with sophisticated instruments. The school is attached to the general hospital which is situated in the campus of Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology.
- Pharmacy School has well-qualified, foreign-trained skilful professional teaching professors with a doctorate or postgraduate degrees. School of Pharmacy motivates and encourages the faculty members to actively participate in research activities.
- The pharmacy career perfectly suits students who are interested in pharmaceutical sciences and how medicine assists patients to cope up with their health condition.
SIST Establishment: 1956
SIST Accreditations: PCI, AICTE, UGC
SIST Affiliated To State University
SIST Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% +TNEA/Entrance Exam
SIST Cut off: Candidates securing qualified marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 50% will be eligible.
SIST Fee Structure: Rs-6.04 Lakhs
SIST Location: Sathyabama University Canteen, Sathyabama University, Jeppiaar Nagar, Rajiv Gandhi Road, Mess Rd, Kamaraj Nagar, Semmancheri, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600119
6.B.S. ABDUR RAHMAN CRESCENT INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY – [BSAU], CHENNAI
- B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology is a renowned Quality Leadership Institution located at the greenest spot of Chennai near Tambaram. Through our long history of 36 years of excellence, the Institution has offered access to a wide range of academic opportunities. With 49 programmes, grouped under 12 different Schools, 29 Undergraduate programmes, 20 Postgraduate programmes, and PhD (in all the departments), this institution is a rising stalwart in higher education with promising Quality, Security and Placement.
- We welcome students from all countries and our educational programmes are designed to equip the learners with virtual knowledge that helps them to achieve what they want to be and go where they want to go in the ladder of success.
- This institution is an intellectual destination that challenges conventional thinking and stimulates passion to redefine learning. The distinctive teaching at this institution makes the students and scholars compete with themselves and each other. Apart from providing top-notch education, our green campus and well-planned student life are solely dedicated to making students utilize the ambience to the fullest.
- Through our wide array of educational programmes and unique clubs to foster student development activities, we provide opportunities and experiences that build community, help you grow personally and professionally, and create a place that you can call home now and throughout your life.
BSAU Establishment: 1984
BSAU Accreditations: PCI, AICTE
BSAU Affiliated To Deemed To Be University
BSAU Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% +TNEA/Entrance Exam
BSAU Cut off: Candidates securing qualified marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 50% will be eligible.
BSAU Fee Structure: Rs-95,000
BSAU Location: GST Road, Vandalur, Chennai 600 048. Tamilnadu. INDIA
7.DR. M.G.R. EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE, CHENNAI
- Aiming to bring about change and progress through education, the Tmt. Kannammal Educational Trust was constituted in 1985 and started Thai Moogambigai Polytechnic College.
- Within three years of its inception, Dr M.G.R. Engineering College was founded in 1988, and the Thai Moogambigai Dental College was started in the year 1991.
- Both the colleges acquired Deemed University status in 2003 as Dr M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute as per the orders of the University Grants Commission, New Delhi and the Union Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India, New Delhi.
- The 21st century poses a lot of challenges that could be overcome with the help of education and technology. Keeping this in mind Dr M.G.R Educational and Research Institute University were started with a vision of providing a better foothold for the students of today to face the challenges.
MGR Establishment: 1987
MGR Accreditations: PCI, AICTE, NAAC GRADE A
MGR Affiliated To Deemed To Be University
MGR Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% +TNEA/Entrance Exam
MGR Cut off: Candidates securing qualified marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 50% will be eligible.
MGR Fee Structure: Rs-1 Lakh
MGR Location: E.V.R Periyar Salai (NH4 Highway), Maduravoyal, Chennai – 600095. Tamilnadu, India.
8.SAVEETHA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL AND TECHNICAL SCIENCES – [SIMATS], CHENNAI
- Dr N.M.Veeraiyan was born on 15-11-1947 at Nalli Gowanda Noor, Erode District and had schooling at Kavindapadi.
- He is an alumnus of Madras Medical College, one of the premier Institutions of this country. He graduated in Dentistry in 1970. A renowned dental surgeon, Dr Veeraiyan established a 100 bedded multi-speciality hospital in 1977 and also a School of Nursing for Diploma course, the first of its kind in Erode.
- Dr N.M.Veeraiyan, had the ambition to start a model dental college and started Saveetha Dental College & Hospital in Chennai in 1988 and subsequently College of Nursing in 1992, College of Physiotherapy in 1993 and College of Occupational Therapy in 1998. The service to the cause of education was extended to other fields by the establishment of Saveetha Engineering College in 2001.
- He had the vision to impart education on par with international standards by updating the curriculum and reforming examination system and to expose & engage students & faculty in research activities. This led to the creation of a Deemed to be University namely Saveetha University in 2005. Later three more institutions were added to the Saveetha family-Saveetha Medical College, Saveetha School of Management and Saveetha School of Law.
- Dr N.M. Veeraiyan is a FELLOW of international honour of Pierre Fauchard Academy. His proficiency in the Tamil language is revealed from the Tamil Book “Vaai Pal Maruthuvam” which was co-author by him and got him an award from the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- He is the proud recipient of “The Lifetime Achievement Award” by The T.N.Dr.M.G.R.Medical University, Edupreneur Award by Times Of India, Inspiration Leaders of India Award 2013 by Gerri Schroder – Henderson City Council Member, Dr Ruby Dhalla – Indian Canadian Politician & Brand Ambassador PBG, Valerie Parker – President National Association of Women Business Owners and Award of Excellence 2013 by Indian Red Cross Society, TamilNadu Branch. The staff & students of Saveetha University look up to him for guidance, as they admire his vision & his genuineness & commitment to the human cause & education.
SIMATS Establishment: 2006
SIMATS Accreditations: PCI, AICTE
SIMATS Affiliated To State University
SIMATS Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% +TNEA/Entrance Exam
SIMATS Cut off: Candidates securing qualified marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 50% will be eligible.
SIMATS Fee Structure: Rs-1.50 Lakhs
SIMATS Location: No.162, Poonamallee High Rd, Velappanchavadi, Maduravoyal, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600077
Top Campus Recruiters:
Cipla, Reddy’s Laboratories, Lupin, Sun Pharmaceutical Ltd, Aurobindo Pharma, Zydus Cadila, Torrent Pharmaceuticals, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, Novartis, Intas Pharma, Biocon, GlaxoSmithKline, Ranbaxy, Serum Institute, Mankind
The above-mentioned colleges are Top and best B Pharm colleges in Chennai with best facilities and best placement records. So please bookmark this Website and share the article among your friends and family.