Top B Pharm Colleges in Visakhapatnam
Technology is improving and upgrading day-to-day in the present generation. Every sector is advancing using modern methods which reduce time and effort. Engineering tech is being used in medicine to operate surgeries and for development of medicine. Pharma companies are using these advanced techs to develop medicines and vaccines to protect mankind. India is considered to be a lifesaver for all the countries during the covid-19 by supplying the essential medical drug components to all the developed and underdeveloped countries. There are few top b pharm colleges in Visakhapatnam for the students who want to pursue a career in pharmacy.
Is B pharmacy a good career?
Yes, definitely a good career choice. In Visakhapatnam, there are wide varieties of opportunities in the pharma sector for graduates. Top pharmaceutical companies like GVK, Torrent, Pfizer have production units in Visakhapatnam. So after graduation, you will have changes in getting into these companies.
What is the eligibility for B Pharmacy?
Eligibility for B pharmacy is intermediate or Plus two, either through state entrance or through management quota you can get a seat in the pharmacy colleges.
In Andhra Pradesh, Every year Government conducts AP-EAMCET exam for Intermediate completed students and allot the seats based on the scores of the candidates. The course duration for B.pharm is 4 year.
Is B Pharm better than BSC?
Yes, it’s far better than BSc as B pharm is a graduation degree which provides a large scope for the future, while BSc is a nominal degree which has less practical knowledge when compared to B pharm, Career opportunities are more for B pharm when compared with BSc.
What are jobs and Industries after B Pharmacy?
4.Sales and Marketing
8.Production and manufacturing
Visakhapatnam the city of destiny has SEZs and pharma cities, in which top pharma companies operate its productions from Visakhapatnam to all over the world. In Visakhapatnam some of the top B pharma colleges for intermediate students with best placements records and provides best facilities like labs, faculty, internships, etc. some of the Top B pharma colleges in Visakhapatnam are
- Andhra University is the second institute in the country to start pharmacy courses at University level in 1937. The pharmacy courses were initially offered in the B.Sc. Honours degree of chemical technology and as a specialization at M.Sc. Chemical Technology level.
- The importance of pharmaceutical sciences led to the formation of a separate department in 1951, with the commencement of B.Pharm. course with late Prof. S. Rangaswamy as founder Head of the Department.
- The M.Pharm. The course was started in 1954. A separate Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences was formed in 1975. The department was elevated as a constituent college of Andhra University in August 2006.
- At present, the department offers B.Pharm, Pharm-D, Pharm-D (PB) and M.Pharm and PhD programmes in eight specializations namely Pharmaceutical Technology, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical and Food Analysis, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, Pharmacy Practice and Pharmaceutical Management & Drug Regulatory affairs.
AUPS Establishment: 1937
AUPS Accreditations: PCI, NAAC GRADE A
AUPS Affiliated To: State University
AUPS Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% + AP-EAMCET/Entrance Exam
AUPS Cut off: Candidates securing qualified marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 50% will be eligible.
AUPS Fee Structure: Rs-3.3 Lakhs
AUPS Location: Andhra University, Waltair Junction, Visakhapatnam-530003, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA.
- GITAM Institute of Pharmacy established in 2006, an elite institution with the state-of-the-art infrastructural facilities, modern laboratories and student support services coupled with dedicated and experienced faculty. The main objective of the Institute is to provide high-quality value-based education to generate competent Pharmaceutical Technocrats and Pharmacy professionals.
- The Institute offers a four year B. Pharm. and two year M. Pharm. programs with four core specializations Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Assurance, Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
- The Institute is also offering Ph. D. programs in all the above disciplines and also encouraging interdisciplinary research programs.
- The Institute’s core strengths are academic rigour, focus on teaching, close coordination with leading Pharma industry, holistic academic culture, individual care to students through Mentor-Mentee monitoring system, world-class academic ambience, campus facilities and commitment for quality education.
GIP Establishment: 2006
GIP Accreditations: NAAC
GIP Affiliated To: Autonomous University
GIP Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% + AP-EAMCET/Entrance Exam
GIP Cut off: Candidates securing qualified marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 50% will be eligible.
GIP Fee Structure: Rs- 2 Lakhs
GIP Location: GITAM Institute of Pharmacy Gandhi Nagar, Rushikonda Visakhapatnam-530045 Andhra Pradesh, INDIA.
- Raghu College of Pharmacy (RCP) was founded in 2007 with the main thrust to train qualified professionals in the field of pharmacy to cater to the needs of the society and to shoulder the ever-changing business responsibilities at national and international levels.
- The campus of RCP is located at Dakamarri Village, Bheemili Mandal, Visakhapatnam District (A.P.), in a tranquil atmosphere amidst gardens and greenery. The college has developed good infrastructure consisting of 0.25 lakh sq. ft build-in area to house classrooms, laboratories, library, staff rooms, administrative office, hostels, etc.
- The college has its own transport facility from Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram and Bheemunipatnam for the Day Scholars. The college is having well ventilated and furnished hostels separately for Boys and girls with mess facilities located very close proximity to the Academic blocks, Laboratories and Workshop.
- Raghu College of Pharmacy is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AUCTE), Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) and Affiliated to Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.
RCP Establishment: 2007
RCP Accreditations: PCI, AICTE
RCP Affiliated To Private University
RCP Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% + AP-EAMCET/Entrance Exam
RCP Cut off: Candidates securing qualified marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 50% will be eligible.
RCP Fee Structure: Rs- 50,000
RCP Location: Dakamarri, Bheemunipatnam, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh 531162
- Vignan Institute of Pharmaceutical technology is one of the constituent colleges of vignan Institutions well known for quality education with GLOBAL STANDARDS AND INDIAN VALUES. VIPT was established in 2006 to provide job oriented professional courses in Pharmacy, VIPT offers B.Pharm., M.Pharm., Pharm.D. programmes.
- The College is affiliated to the JNTU Kakinada, approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), Govt. of Andhra Pradesh.
- The College is ISO9001 & ISO 14001 Certified for its safety and waste disposal methods employed. The infrastructure available makes the college conducive academic learning that provides students with good quality education in a clean, comfortable environment.
- The college is presently one of the largest graduate, postgraduate and research institutions in Andhra Pradesh imparting quality pharmaceutical education.
VIPT Establishment: 2006
VIPT Accreditations: PCI, AICTE
VIPT Affiliated To JNTU Kakinada
VIPT Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% + AP-EAMCET/Entrance Exam
VIPT Cut off: Candidates securing qualified marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 50% will be eligible.
VIPT Fee Structure: Rs- 75,000
VIPT Location: VIGNAN INSTITUTE OF PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGY Besides VSEZ, Kapujaggraju peta, Duvvada Visakhapatnam -530049, A.P., India
- VISWANADHA INSTITUTE OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES (VNIPS) was established in 2008 amidst lush greenery.
- It is being run by Viswanadha Educational Society (VES) VNIPS is affiliated to JNTU (Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University) Kakinada and approved by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) & PCI (Pharmacy Council of India) New Delhi.
- VNIPS has all state of art facilities required for running the courses in the best way. It has a team of well experienced, vibrant and dynamic faculty under the veteran leadership of Principal Dr P. Uma Devi.
- VNIPS offers B.Pharmacy course and M.Pharm course with two specializations Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Assurance.
VIPS Establishment: 2008
VIPS Accreditations: PCI, AICTE
VIPS Affiliated To JNTU Kakinada
VIPS Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% + AP-EAMCET/Entrance Exam
VIPS Cut off: Candidates securing qualified marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 50% will be eligible.
VIPS Fee Structure: Rs-1.82 Lakhs
VIPS Location: Viswanadha Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (VNIPS), Mindivanipalem (V), Sontyam (P), Anandapuram (M), Visakhapatnam – 531173, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Top Campus Recruiters:
Cipla, Reddy’s Laboratories, Lupin, Sun Pharmaceutical Ltd, Aurobindo Pharma, Zydus Cadila, Torrent Pharmaceuticals, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, Novartis, Intas Pharma, Biocon, GlaxoSmithKline, Ranbaxy, Serum Institute, Mankind
The above-mentioned colleges are Top and best B Pharm colleges in Visakhapatnam with best facilities and best placement records. So please bookmark this Website and share the article among your friends and family.