Top Fifteen Dental Colleges in Bangalore – 2021 Ranking
The only branch which has a separate course to treat dental problems in humans is Bachelors of Dental Surgery. After MBBS, BDS is the top and leading medical stream in India. BDS deals with problems related to the mouth and checking the injuries related to teeth, jaw, and gums.
The time duration of the BDS Course is 5 years. To do the BDS course students need intermediate or +2 with 50% marks in Intermediate and have to qualify in the national level entrance test NEET and must obtain the desired cutoff depending on the category.
Bangalore, India the silicon valley of India has top and best dental colleges to look with top infrastructure, and best lab facilities for the students and offer top-class facilities in dental hospitals. Below is the list of top fifteen dental colleges in Bangalore.
Eligibility and Examination
|Eligibility||Intermediate or +2 with qualified marks in NEET-(National Eligibility cum Entrance Test-UG).|
|Exam pattern||Pen and Paper-based|
|Language||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada, and Urdu|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ)|
|Qualifying marks||50% for General
45% for General-PH
40% for SC/ST/OBC
40% for SC/ST/OBC-PH
|Correction||4 marks for each correct answer
1 mark will be deducted for each wrong attempt
No marks for unanswered question
Subject Wise Marks:
|Biology (Botany and Zoology)||90||360|
HOW MANY DENTAL COLLEGES ARE THERE IN BANGALORE?
There are many dental colleges in Bangalore of which top fifteen dental colleges list is given below
HOW MANY YEARS DOES IT TAKE TO COMPLETE BDS?
It takes 5 years to complete the BDS course
HOW MANY MARKS ARE REQUIRED IN NEET FOR BDS?
To get the seat in BDS course students need to score 50% above marks in the NEET exam and must need cutoff qualify marks to get a seat in BDS colleges
IS DENTISTRY A GOOD CAREER?
Yes, it’s a good career as dental difficulties are a never-ending problem in human life. At least once in a life, every person needs dental assistance. Every old person need dental assistance till the end of their life
DOES BDS NEED NEET?
Yes, it’s the joint entrance exam for both MBBS and BDS, depending on the marks seat is allotted after the counselling
IS BDS EASIER THAN MBBS?
Both courses have their own advantages and disadvantages one cannot compare with each other as both are patient-oriented courses and require patience.
- The Faculty of Dental Sciences was earlier the M.S. Ramaiah Dental College and Hospital and was established in 1991. The Faculty offers a 4-year undergraduate programme including one year internship leading to the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree and a 3-year postgraduate programme leading to the Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) degree.
- The Faculty also offers Certificate programmes in Esthetic Dentistry and Oral Implantology and a Doctoral research programme leading to the award of a Ph.D. degree.
- The programmes and curriculum offered by the faculty adhere to norms prescribed by the Dental Council of India (DCI). The curriculum offered is outcome based and helps students to develop critical thinking abilities and to imbibe relevant practical skills for a smooth transition from academics to real life work environment. Opportunities are provided for students to do their internship in India or abroad depending upon their preference. Alumni of the Faculty are working for quality healthcare organisations in India and abroad and while many have established successful practices of their own.
- The faculty has an attached dental hospital with more than 250 dental chairs, laboratories and other facilities for providing clinical services. Students are trained at the attached hospital as well as adopted hospitals in urban and rural areas around Bangalore. There are around 75 members of faculty and 400 students. Members of the faculty are well trained in research and present their research findings at various forums and publish more than 50 papers, annually, in peer reviewed journals. The Faculty also has an active dental education unit that supports and provides for innovation in medical education.
- The Department of Public Health Dentistry plays a very active role in inculcating a sense of social responsibility through regular dental camps, community orientation programmes and school dental health programmes. The faculty has collaboration agreements with dental Schools in Hongkong, Ghent University. The faculty also publishes the Journal of Orofacial & Dental Research which is internationally peer reviewed. In addition, the hospital provides special care clinics for geriatric care, handicapped children, oral cancer patients, tobacco cessation centres etc.
MSR Establishment: 1991
MSR Accreditations: DCI
MSR Affiliated To MSRUAS, BANGALORE
MSR Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% + NEET
MSR Fee Structure: Rs 6.31 Lakhs
MSR Location: University House, Gnanagangothri Campus New BEL Road, M S R Nagar, Bangalore Karnataka, INDIA – 560 054.
- The Oxford Dental College enjoys the rare distinction of being one of the most sought after and best equipped dental colleges in India and Asia. It is housed in a spacious 8-storey integrated complex with a floor space of 2,85,000 sq. ft., which incorporates complete facilities for pre-clinical and clinical training. The college is recognised by the Govt. of Karnataka and the Dental Council of India. The college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- To familiarise students with their work environment and enable development of practical skills, the college is equipped with the most modern infrastructure. This includes first of its kind CAD-CAM lab having CERCON unit (DEGUDENT GERMANY),high-end KAVO chairs from Germany, state-of-the-art casting equipment, Tek-scanIII for occlusal analysis, Computerized periodontal probe and Periotron ,specialized microscopes like PENTA HEAD, Phantom heads and other preclinical work units. Understanding the necessity of having the finest facilities for students, the college has already invested an enormous 400 Million rupees on its infrastructure and treats about 300 patients free of any charge each day.
- At The Oxford Dental College, the management is committed to the policy of regular upgradation of equipment and other facilities keeping the changing needs of time in mind.
TODC Establishment: 1974
TODC Accreditations: DCI, NAAC GRADE A
TODC Affiliated To RGUHS, BANGALORE
TODC Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% + NEET
TODC Fee Structure: Rs 6.78 Lakhs
TODC Location: 10th Milestone, Hosur Rd, Bommanahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560068, India
- DA Pandu Memorial RV Dental College is one of the premier dental institutes in India. Established in 1992 as RV Dental College it was renamed in honour of its former Hon. Secretary ,the late Sri. D A Pandu.
- It is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka and is recognized by Dental Council of India .It has received the prestigious NAAC A grade. Run by the Rashtreeya Sikshana Samithi Trust which was founded in 1940 and which has over 19 institutions under its umbrella.
- The college is well known for its highly competent and dedicated teaching faculty, excellent infrastructure and commitment to provide exceptional patient care to all sections of society.
DAPMRVDC Establishment: 1992
DAPMRVDC Accreditations: DCI
DAPMRVDC Affiliated To RGUHS, BANGALORE
DAPMRVDC Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% + NEET
DAPMRVDC Fee Structure: Rs 5.3 Lakhs
DAPMRVDC Location: CA-37, 24th Main, JP Nagar, ITI Layout, 1st Phase, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560078, India
- Sri Krishnadevaraya Educational Trust, was established by a group of philanthropists belonging to Raju Kshatriya Community, a group of like minded visionary entrepreneurs established the Trust in the year 1985 with an objective to inculcate in the students a spirit of inquiry and desire to gain knowledge and skills that can enrich their lives in future.
- The trust having its registered office at Bellary road, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore has established its educational campus spread out on 133 acres of sprawling land along NH 7, near Air Force Station, Yelahanka, in North Bangalore, close to Kempegowda International Airport.
- The education campus is a complete self-reliant campus having Architecture College, Dental College, Engineering College along with the other world class infrastructure to cater to the needs of the aspiring students.
KCDS Establishment: 1992
KCDS Accreditations: DCI
KCDS Affiliated To RGUHS, BANGALORE
KCDS Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% + NEET
KCDS Fee Structure: Rs 4.12 Lakhs
KCDS Location: Krishnadevaraya, Hunasamaranhalli, Near-Sir MVIT, Yelahanka, Bengaluru, Karnataka 562157, India
- Set on a 32-acre lush green campus in Bangalore, Dayananda Sagar College of Dental Sciences comprises state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities, classrooms, tutorial facilities, laboratories, creating the perfect learning environment.
- We are proud of our close-knit campus community – a student intake of 60 each year. All students benefit from more one-on-one contact time with staff, and our curriculum has been designed to cover all specialties of dental science ranging from diagnosis, child dentistry to surgery, restorative, cosmetic and preventive dentistry.
- From its extensive pre-clinical departments and laboratories to its wealth of library, classrooms, modern clinical and tutorial facilities, the college is an abundant resource to the communities it serves.
DSCDS Establishment: 2009
DSCDS Accreditations: DCI
DSCDS Affiliated To RGUHS, BANGALORE
DSCDS Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% + NEET
DSCDS Fee Structure: Rs 5.15 Lakhs
DSCDS Location: 1st Stage, Kumaraswamy Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560078, India
- AECS Maaruti College Of Dental Sciences and Research Centre was started in 1992 by Amrith Educational And Cultural Society, Bangalore under the able guidance and stewardship of it’s Chairperson, Smt. V.Geetha Devi, who is a qualified educationist with a passion towards education and Sri. R. Venkatesh, Secretary-cum-Treasurer of the Society, who carries with him vast experience of starting various professional courses in rural areas of Kolar district .
- AECS Maaruti College of Dental Sciences & Research Centre aims at a healthy integration of both Eastern and Western dental health sciences to enable the human kind to live a full span of their lives provided by God in perfect health.
- It would strive for achievement of academic excellence by educating and training dental health professionals, who shall recognize health needs of the community, carry out professional obligations ethically and equitably and in keeping with the National Oral Health Policy. It would promote development of scientific temper and oral health for achievement of academic excellence by educating and training accountability amongst students and teachers. It would support quality assurance for all its educational programmes. Excellence in dental education is the motto.
ACES Establishment: 1992
ACES Accreditations: DCI
ACES Affiliated To RGUHS, BANGALORE
ACES Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% + NEET
ACES Fee Structure: Rs 6.78 Lakhs
ACES Location: 108, Hulimavu Tank Band Road, Off, Bannerghatta Main Rd, near Meenakshi Temple, BTM 6th stage, 1st Phase, Kammanahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560076, India
- The Government Dental College in Bangalore is one of the first few dental colleges in the country post independence and the first dental college in Karnataka to have started in 1958 with its beautiful stone walled building and campus. Within a very short period of time GDC gained lot of importance with its service to humanity mainly through best dental education to its students and catering to the needs of the population in and around Karnataka through efficient oral health care delivery.
- The first Postgraduate course in the subject of Orthodontia was started in the year 1965 followed by Periodontia and Oral Surgery in 1967, in Oral medicine, Preventive and Social dentistry in 1973-74 and Conservative dentistry in 1977, which were given the due recognition by the Dental Council of India.
- This repute and credentials of the GDC was the reason for the expert committee of World Health Organisation(WHO) to visit this college as a centre and choose this institution amongst several institutions throughout the Southeast Asia to establish a Service clinic in the college and also recommended the starting of the Post graduate programme in the subject of Preventive and social dentistry for the first time in our country.
- GDC is a recognized center for the PhD programme in the six specialities with 3 recognised PhD guides.It’s also a centre for numerous ongoing WHO-GOI projects .
GDC Establishment: 1958
GDC Accreditations: DCI
GDC Affiliated To RGUHS, BANGALORE
GDC Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% + NEET
GDC Fee Structure: Rs 64,000
GDC Location: Victoria Hospital, Kalasipalayam, near City Market, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560002, India
8.BANGALORE INSTITUTE OF DENTAL SCIENCES AND HOSPITAL AND POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH CENTRE [BIDS], BANGALORE
- Established in the year 1991 under the dynamic leadership of Mr. K Subba Rao, Chairman, VEF, the Institution has grown leaps and bounds. The first batch of students passed out of the college on 8th November 1995 which happens to be the red letter day when the premier Dental Council of India gave recognition to the Institution. The year 2002 saw the first batch of Post-graduates leaving the Institution in the following six Specialities
- Bids Hostel is located in the campus which is in the heart of the city on Hosur Main Road. It is easily accessible and is at a convenient distance from Malls and Shopping Places.
- Accommodation varies from single occupancy to two in a room. These hostels have all amenities provided so that they do not miss their home environment and sometimes concentrate on their academic career, within the college campus.
- The entire hostel complexes at BIDS are ensured with 24-hour security, maintenance, engineering, power and water supply. The hostel provides a cot, a mattress, a study table, a chair and a cupboard for each student among all other basic requirements.
- Hostel has RO purified drinking water supply, medical aid, solar heated water facility, water cooler, TV room, common reading and Recreation room etc.
- The hostels offer hygienic, tasty food(Many varieties of food and snacks of both vegetarian and Non-vegetarian are available for students in their favorite taste in different styles of Indian and more) in the attached mess hall and the hostels are under the care of full time wardens who are responsible for maintaining and monitoring them.
BIDS Establishment: 1991
BIDS Accreditations: DCI
BIDS Affiliated To RGUHS, BANGALORE
BIDS Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% + NEET
BIDS Fee Structure: Rs 5.12 Lakhs
BIDS Location: Hosur Main Road, Lakkasandra Adjacent to Nimhans Convention Centre, Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560027.
- Dr. Syamala Reddy Dental College Hospital & Research Centre was established in 1991, by the SGR Technical and Educational Society (Regd), which was established in 1985, was the embodiment of the dreams and visions of Late Prof. Dr. S.Ganesh Reddy, a Squadron Leader, an academician , a scientist and an able administrator with numerous laurels to his credit, a great repute of the Indian Air Force with over 2000 operational flying hours to his credit and a distinguished professor in Aerospace Engineering at the Institute of Aerospace Medicine , Bengaluru.
- Dr. S. Ganesh Reddy is the recipient of National & International Awards like “The Pride of India Award, Rastriya Ekta Award, All India Achievers Award, The Outstanding Man of the 20th Century Award”,Â The International Personality of the year 2001 from IBC England, Gold record of achievements from ABI, USA referring to him as a Distinguished Scientist, Academician, Administrator and a Visionary and Great Minds of the 21st Century Award”.
SRDC Establishment: 1991
SRDC Accreditations: DCI
SRDC Affiliated To RGUHS, BANGALORE
SRDC Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% + NEET
SRDC Fee Structure: Rs 6.7 Lakhs
SRDC Location: 111/1, SGR College Main Road, Munnekolala, Marathahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560037, India
- The Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research centre is one of the leading medical institutes providing education and health care services of truly global standards. A comprehensive range of general and super specialty medical services are provided here including complex surgeries to authentic ayurvedic experience at Vydehi Ayurveda.
- The institute focuses on delivering high quality, comprehensive, integrated medical education including innovative thoughts towards modern technology and research. We provide the finest in infrastructure and facilities to our students when it comes to learning and research along with experienced and dedicated faculty, outstanding clinical facilities, and a world-class environment that supports education. We offer different courses including medicine, dentistry, nursing, allied sciences and many more.
- The Institute, composed of well-trained personnel, provides focused health care services. We are successfully accomplishing our mission of serving the society with our widespread infrastructure, state-of-the-art equipment, backed by the nation’s best professionals, equals those available globally.
- 1600 bedded multi specialty hospital, Vydehi provides 24-hour, seven-day-a-week services. Departments like emergency departments, critical care units, blood banks, central diagnostic Lab and ambulance services work round the clock to implement the growing requirements of patients.
- Vydehi serves over thousands of patients annually. As a leading educational and health care organization Vydehi develops and maintains a spirit of charity and cooperation with the primary goal of improving patient safety and of promoting health in rural and underserved communities. Vydehi wishes to rise above the realm of therapeutic care with a new focus on preventive care, to bring health to the community.
VIMS Accreditations: DCI
VIMS Affiliated To: RGUHS, BANGALORE
VIMS Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% + NEET
VIMS Fee Structure: Rs 75,000
VIMS Location: 82, near BMTC 18th Depot, Vijayanagar, Nallurhalli, Whitefield, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560066, India
- Mathrusri Ramabai Ambedkar Dental College & Hospital is a renowned dental Institution and considered to be one of the best in India. Established in the year 1986 by Anand Social & Educational Trust it is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. It offers graduate and post graduate degree courses in dentistry which are approved and recognized by the Dental Council of India. Situated in the heart of the city, the hospital attracts a large number of patients and caters to the needs, not only of the affluent but also poor and backward strata of the society. The college and hospital have state of the art infrastructure, excellent & experienced teaching faculty.
- The college enrolls only 2 P.G.students every year in each specialty and has one of the best student staff ratios with more than ample clinical material. It has a well-equipped reference library with books, journals, CDs, and cassettes and various subjects in dentistry and allied subjects.
- Internet services are made available for interested students and staff. Institution attracts students from various parts of India and abroad. A good number of meritorious students who have passed through the portals of this institution are serving in various parts of the world and have carved a niche for themselves in their own specialities. In the passing years the college has not only maintained but further improved academic standards.
MRADC Establishment: 1986
MRADC Accreditations: DCI
MRADC Affiliated To RGUHS, BANGALORE
MRADC Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% + NEET
MRADC Fee Structure: Rs 6.78 Lakhs
MRADC Location:1/36, Cline Road, Cooke Town, Bangalore 560 005 Karnataka, India.
- RajaRajeswari Dental College & Hospital was established in the year 1992 with just 40 admissions in BDS course. It was housed in a rented building measuring 40,000 Sq. Feet. Now it has progressed to a full- fledged Postgraduate Dental Institution with 100 BDS admissions and MDS courses in all specialties of Dental Surgery.
- In addition, PhD in Orthodontics, Periodontology and certificate course in Implantology are also offered in RRDCH. The college is recognized by DCI, Government of Karnataka and Government of India and is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka. It is accredited by NAAC (National Assessment Accreditation Council)
- RajaRajeswari Dental College & Hospital is situated at a sprawling 5 acre campus on the Bangalore-Mysore Highway at 19 kms from Vidhana Soudha. The Lush green campus has 2 lakh Sq. feet of modern building which houses the Dental Institute, its 10 speciality dental clinics, supporting labs and class rooms and residential accommodation for staff and students.
- Dental clinics in all departments have 250 modern dental units / chairs. An average 450 to 500 patients are treated in these clinics daily. Each department is staffed with more than required number of full time and dedicated teachers who are well qualified and experienced in their fields of speciality.
RRDCH Establishment: 1992
RRDCH Accreditations: DCI
RRDCH Affiliated To RGUHS, BANGALORE
RRDCH Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% + NEET
RRDCH Fee Structure: Rs 6.7 Lakhs
RRDCH Location: No.14, Ramohalli Cross, Mysore Road, Kumbalgodu, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560074, India
- The V S Dental College & Hospital VSDC&H) was established in the year 1986 which was affiliated to Bangalore University.
- The Institution started its first batch with 52 students and the current intake for BDS is 100. The Institution is presently affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore , Karnataka. The MDS courses started in the year 2001-02 with the present intake of 38 seats.
- PG Diploma courses and certificate courses in the subject of Esthetic Dentistry and Implantology in the year 2009-10 .
- Vokkaligara Sangha Dental College & Hospital is located in the heart of the city close to Central Railway and Bus Station. Occupying nearly 1,20,000 sq.ft. V.S. Dental College was affiliated to Bangalore University and now is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore , Karnataka. The College got its recognition from D.C.I. in the year 1992. Dental Council of India has permitted Post Graduate Studies in the year 2001 in all the specialties Dentistry. The Institution offers research programmes (PhD) in the subject of Department of Prosthodontics & Crown and Bridge, Department of Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics, Department of Oral & Maxillo-Facial Surgery, Department Of Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics, certificate courses in Esthetic dentistry and Implantology. Today V.S. Dental College and Hospital is one of the most sought after institutions in India both for undergraduate and postgraduate admissions.
VSDC Establishment: 1986
VSDC Accreditations: DCI
VSDC Affiliated To: RGUHS, BANGALORE
VSDC Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% + NEET
VSDC Fee Structure: Rs 6.78 Lakhs
VSDC Location: K R Road, Next To-KIMS Hospital, Visveswarapuram, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560004, India
- Nearly a decade and half back, when the health sector was poised for a grandeur takeoff to the shattering heights that it has reached today in India, there was a dearth for private teaching hospitals like ours. Institutions that were the center of academics and centers of quality health education were far and few and those in existence could not meet the increasing demand for Health Education in the urban & suburban populace. With this in mind the KLE Society started the Institute of Dental Sciences in Bangalore in the year 1992.
- The Institute, in the past 15 years has grown in leaps and bounds and has morphed into the Institute that we see here today. The college to meet the growing demands of infrastructure and quality moved to the spanking new premises in Yeshwanthpur in the year 1997.
- The College & Hospital are situated on the Bangalore-Tumkur Highway (National Highway-4). Being located in a predominantly industrial area, the hospital and the clinics caters to a floating population of about 1,500,000—2,000,000 people. The college is only one of the two teaching hospitals within a radius of 15 kms in Bangalore city and so has a good volume of patients to cater to
- KLE Society’s Institute of Dental Sciences, Bangalore, offers opportunities you would not find anywhere else. This is an institution involved in a rich amalgamation of scientific enquiry and comprehensive dental care service. At this institution, we believe in educating the students to develop a good patient relationship, efficiently manage a dental office, design a good treatment plan and utilize the state-of-the-art materials and techniques. Our goal is to supplement the existing pool of dental and medical knowledge with an intention to promote public health. We strive to educate dentists with a broader vision who will play a leading role in oral health care in the next millennium.
KLE Establishment: 1985
KLE Accreditations: DCI, NBA
KLE Affiliated To RGUHS, BANGALORE
KLE Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% + NEET
KLE Fee Structure: Rs 6.78 Lakhs
KLE Location: Suburb, #20, Tumkur Rd, Yeshwanthpur Suburb II Stage, Raja Industrial Estate, Yeswanthpur, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560022, India
- The NSVK Sri Venkateshwara Dental College & Hospital was started in the year 1992 by Nehru Smaraka Vidya Kendra. The Sri Venkateshwara Dental College & Hospital, Bengaluru was taken over by AOLE, Sullia in the year 2000 under the leadership of our Dynamic President Sri Kurunji Venkatramana Gowda.
- The college has infrastructure as per Dental Council of India, New Delhi regulations. The college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru and recognized by Dental Council of India, New Delhi.
- The college has infrastructure as per Dental Council of India, New Delhi regulations on 12 acres of land in Bannerghatta. The college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru and recognized by Dental Council of India, New Delhi.
SVDC Establishment: 2002
SVDC Accreditations: DCI
SVDC Affiliated To RGUHS, BANGALORE
SVDC Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50% + NEET
SVDC Fee Structure: Rs 1.3 Lakhs
SVDC Location: Sri Venkateshwara Dental College and Hospital Bannerghatta Bangalore – 560083