Top Fifteen Engineering Colleges in Mumbai
Technology has influenced every sector around the world, and it’s quite tough to point out which sector doesn’t have an impact on it. Engineering is one of the leading sector, and top innovations in technology are from this Sector as it is driving the present century with rapid pace. Engineering has reduced the complexity of problems and shown the time-saving solutions, thus opening space for more development and innovations in less time. In India, demand for the engineering stream is high as it is one of the best and top courses available. Top manufacturing Companies in Engineering sectors have units in India. Mumbai, India is one of the metropolitan cities in India that has the best IT companies to work for an Engineering graduate.
Is an Engineering course beneficial in the long term?
Yes, it is very much beneficial when compared with other science and technology courses because at the present world is running on the advancements and innovations that are form engineering sector be it in the health sector, construction, communications, defence systems engineers have helped a lot in creating advanced technologies. These are some of the best and top achievements for the engineers.
Can I get success in Engineering?
Yes, you will get success in engineering if you develop some skill sets which are required for an engineer like building the habit of teamwork as it is one of the major and essential skills which are required for an employee in a company and having problem-solving skills for rectifying the error or mistake in quick and real-time which helps the engineer to handle the situation more efficiently.
So, how to develop such skills?
Generally, Engineering colleges train the students, not all colleges to have these types of training only Top and best Engineering colleges have these abilities. They nurture the students into future engineers and train them as industry-ready engineers. Mumbai, India has first-class Engineering colleges of which this article has Top five Engineering colleges and their details regarding admission, fee structure, location, campus placements.
Mumbai, India is one of the busiest cities and also headquarters for almost all the Multinational organisations and has hundreds of well-established IT companies and many startups. Students who want to pursue engineering in Mumbai, India have wider opportunities in terms of job openings as best, and top MNC companies are in Mumbai, so it becomes easy for the engineering Passouts to search for the job. The list of top Fifteen engineering colleges in Mumbai below.
- Established in 1958, IIT Bombay has a total of 14 Academic Departments, 10 Centres, two Schools, and three Interdisciplinary Programmes. It is recognized worldwide as a leader in the field of engineering education and research.
- Nine Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar awardees, 31 INAE (Indian National Academy of Engineering) awardees, two INAE Young Engineer award, 17 INSA (Indian National Science Academy) awardees, one Young Scientist award, 21 NAS (National Academy of Sciences) awardees, 19 IAS (Indian Academy of Sciences) awardees, and seven Swarnajayanti fellows are currently or have previously been affiliated with the institute.
- IITB was an early adopter of the concept of business incubation in India. In 1999, an entrepreneurship cell was set up. Encouraged by the success of this initial experiment, a full-fledged technology business incubator, Society for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (SINE) was set up in 2004. It was set up to guide and encourage both students and faculty by facilitating the conversion of research activity into entrepreneurial ventures.
- Rank in QUACQUARELLI SYMONDS (QS)-world University Rankings, ATAL RANKING OF INSTITUTIONS ON INNOVATION ACHIEVEMENTS 2019.
IITM Establishment: 1958
IITM Accreditations: AICTE, UGC
IITM Affiliated To: Autonomous
IITM Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with 75% + JEE
IITM Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
IITM Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
IITM Fee Structure: Rs-1.24 Lakhs
IITM Location: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay Powai, Mumbai – 400076, INDIA.
IITM Placements: ISRO, Honeywell, BOEING, Gulfstream, AIRBUS, Hyundai MOBIS, Vedanta, Schlumberger, Hindustan Petroleum, ONGC, CAIRN, Citius Tech, Sysmex, Strand, indigene, Micron, L&T, TATA, RAMBOLL, Piramal, Dr.Reddy’s, ITC, HUL, SEKISUI, RB, EXL, ANZ, EY, Accenture, Citi Bank, Google, Apple, Rubrik, IBM, Microsoft, Tower research Capital, Uber, Texas Instruments, Samsung, Qualcomm, Sony, NEC, Honda, Bloomenergy, Mahindra, GSE, SUZLON, Murata, analog devices, Tsmc, BYJU’S, Rakuten, Reliance, Exxon Mobil, P&G, DHL, JSW, SHELL, LOREAL Paris, BAJAJ, GE, JAGUAR, DAIKIN, TATA STEEL, HITACHI, Havells, BENZ.
- The Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), Mumbai is a unique Institute that was established on 1st October 1933 as a University Department of the Bombay University (UDCT), completing 87 years of glorious past.
- ICT has created its brand over the years which has been recognized by several prestigious awards and accolades to the faculty, students, and alumni individually and also as the institute.
- Under the World Bank’s Technical Education Quality Improvement Program (TEQIP), ICT was granted full autonomous status in 2004 and declared as Deemed-to-be University on September 12, 2008, by the MHRD under Section 3 of the UGC Act of 1956.
- It was bestowed an Elite Status and Centre of Excellence on par with IITs, IISc and IISERs in the State Assembly on April 20, 2012, by the Maharashtra Govt. based on its stellar performance on par with the institutes of national importance. the University Grants Commission declared Category I Deemed to be University status to ICT which has maintained high academic standards.
- ICT was ranked 12th amongst the Engineering Institutes of India and 15th amongst Universities of India. It is also placed at rank 4 amongst the Pharmacy Institutes. ICT is ranked 27th among all institutes and universities in India
ICT Establishment: 1933
ICT Accreditations: UGC, NBA, MHRD, NAAC GRADE A++
ICT Affiliated To Deemed To Be University
ICT Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with 75% + JEE Mains
ICT Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
ICT Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
ICT Fee Structure: Rs- 85,350.
ICT Location: Nathalal Parekh Marg, Matunga, Mumbai – 400019, India
ICT Placements: Abhay Proteins Pvt Ltd, Ajanta Pharma Ltd, Apollo Plastic Industries, Approcopp Engineering Pvt Ltd, Au Valves Pvt Ltd, Bengal Surgicals Ltd Kalyani, Bhakti Solvent Extractions Pvt Ltd, Century Rayon Ltd, Concept Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, Divya Srj Foods LLP, Envirocare Lab Pvt Ltd, Exotic Fruits Pvt Ltd, Garware Polyesters Ltd, Gauri Agro Tech Industries Pvt Ltd, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Godrej Industries Ltd, Haffkine Bio-Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Hpcl Ltd, Kalash Seeds Pvt Ltd, Mahalaxmi Cotspin Ltd, Mehta Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, Metarolls Steels Group, Metalman Industries Pvt Ltd, Monk Foods.
- VJTI Mumbai (est. in 1887 as Victoria Jubilee Technical Institute) has pioneered India’s Engineering education, research, and training ecosystem. Pre-independence, VJTI had been instrumental in driving industrial growth throughout united India. Post-independence, VJTI played a pivotal role in setting up IITs and RECs of India and strengthened the technical excellence of the country.
- In 1997, VJTI changed its name to Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute to honour the mother of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. Located in South Mumbai, VJTI is an autonomous institution owned by the Maharashtra State Government.
- Under the World Bank grant – TEQIP II – the Institute has several projects underway to establish itself as a world-class Technological Institute.
- The Institute was granted financial and academic autonomy from June 21, 2004.
VJTI Establishment: 1997
VJTI Accreditations: AICTE
VJTI Affiliated To Mumbai University, MUMBAI
VJTI Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with MHT-CET
VJTI Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
VJTI Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
VJTI Fee Structure: Rs-82,350
VJTI Location: Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute H.R.Mahajani Marg, Matunga Mumbai-400019
VJTI Placements: Rakuten, Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Rediff, Morgan Stanley, Epic, Amdocs, L & T, Godrej, Blue Star, Eaton, Gammon, Wipro, Infosys, TCS, Accenture, Deloitte, Wipro, IBM, Goldman Sachs, and Texas Instruments.
- In 1957, the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan conceived the idea of establishing an engineering college in Mumbai. Sardar Patel College of Engineering was inaugurated on 19th August 1962.
- In 1995 self-financed engineering courses were added to it and it functioned as Sardar Patel College of Engineering (Unaided-wing) conducting Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Information Technology Courses and Masters course in Electronics since 2005 till 2008
- Numero Uno, Self-Financed, Autonomous Institution of Maharashtra. 100 % Placement with Average Salary at par with IITs. Programs Accredited by NBA, 125th Rank as per NIRF 2020.
- Unique, flexible, globally competent curriculum. A strong culture of innovation, research, and entrepreneurship.
- Consistent winners of Industry organized technical competitions like Texas Instruments, ARM, KPMG & many more. Semester-long industry internship.
SPIT Establishment: 1995
SPIT Accreditations: AICTE
SPIT Affiliated To Mumbai University, MUMBAI
SPIT Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with MHT-CET
SPIT Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
SPIT Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
SPIT Fee Structure: Rs-1.70 Lakhs
SPIT Location: Bharatiya Vidya Bhavans Sardar Patel Institute of Technology Munshi Nagar, Andheri (West), Mumbai 400 058.
SPIT Placements: Microsoft, Accolite, Ugam, Credit Suisse, Quantiphi, Barclays, ZS Associates, Dolat Capital, Carwale, Seclore, MAQ Software, Oracle, IVP, Publicis, Sapient Wissen Tech, Interactive Brokers, BNP, Citius Tech, ISS, Deloitte USI, JPMC (CFG), Colgate, Siemens, General Mills, LTI, Capgemini, Phone Pe, Morgan Stanley, Book My Show, LnT(Core), JPMC(Finance), GEP, Nomura, Axxela, Deutsche Bank, Amadeus Labs, Kotak, KPMG, Fractal, Crisil, LTTS, Chenoa, Shezar Tech, Amdocs, Cimpress, Pi-Techniques, FSS Utopia, Tech Nvent, Cloud Ganga, Xoriant, Media.Net, UpGrad, Vistaar, Rave Tech, MSCI, Tata Digital, Dun & Bradstreet, Infosys, Smartly Built, Equifax, WorkIndia, IBM, JPMC(CR), OMP, NSE-IT, Axis Bank, Cognizant, Jaro Education, VMware.
- The Somaiya Vidyavihar Complex was founded in 1959 by late Shri K.J. Somaiya (1902-1999). Endowed with sharp business acumen, a balanced perspective, and a social bent of mind, Karamshibhai set up the Somaiya Trust in 1953 for furthering his dream of shaping young minds through quality education.
- KJSCE team DiWAM has emerged as WINNERS of Smart IndiaHackathon 2017.
- US patent. Patent No. 9656542 – United States Patent And Trademark Office.
- “India’s best colleges in 2016” an all India rank 24 by India Today and Nielsen Company.
KJSCE Establishment: 1983
KJSCE Accreditations: UGC, NAAC GRADE A
KJSCE Affiliated To Mumbai University, MUMBAI
KJSCE Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with JEE Mains/SET-E/ MHT-CET / SAT
KJSCE Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
KJSCE Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
KJSCE Fee Structure: Rs- 2.86 Lakhs
KJSCE Location: Vidyanagar, Somaiya, Vidyavihar, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400077
KJSCE Placements: Cisco, Microsoft, TATA, Mahindra, Infosys, Deloitte, Accenture, Oracle, L&T infotech, IBM, Godrej, Suzuki among top recruiters.
- Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management and Engineering was established in the year 2006 under the aegis of Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies as one of its constituent Schools. NMIMS was established in the Year 1981 by Sri Vile Parle Kevlani Mandal as a Management institute initially affiliated to University of Mumbai.
- NMIMS created a niche for itself as a Management School benchmarked for its best practices in Management education in the coming years. It became a deemed to be university (a nomenclature used for institutions granted University status by UGC) in the year 2003.
- MPSTME was essentially established to serve the need of creating an innovative and integrated space for technology education interspersed with sound management practices that converged with changing industry as well as societal needs.
- The vision was to match the emerging demands in the field by creating holistically trained engineers possessing sound technical expertise as well as a vision to integrate their knowledge into creating technology that serves the changing needs of the present world. MPSTME building today, with its state-of-the-art labs and world-class infrastructure, stands a live testimony to the steady realization of this vision.
MPSTME Establishment: 2006
MPSTME Accreditations: NAAC GRADE A
MPSTME Affiliated To: Deemed to be University
MPSTME Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with JEE Mains/SET-E/ MHT-CET / SAT
MPSTME Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
MPSTME Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
MPSTME Fee Structure: Rs-3.13 Lakhs
MPSTME Location: Bhakti Vedant Swami Marg, Near Cooper Hospital, JVPD Scheme, Vile Parle (West), Mumbai. Maharashtra- 400 056, India
MPSTME Placements: Aspiring Minds, Board Infinity, DHL Supply Chain India Pvt. Ltd, Global Space, Accenture, Book My Show, D-Mart, Godrej & Boyce, Acrotrend, Bridgei2i, DXC Technologies, Hashtedin Ahdityaa Enterprises, Byjus, Emagine – WhiteHatJar, HDFC Bank, Aidetic Software Pvt. Ltd, C2L Biz Endurance International Group, Hitbullseye, Amazon AWS, Cactus Communications, EPP Composites, IBM, Amstrong India, Capgemini, Ernst & Young, ICICI Prudential, Arcon.Net, Cashflow, Evosys, Global Icon Resources, Atidan Technologies, Chenoa Information & Software Services Pvt. Ltd, Ex- Buzz Fire & security Pvt. Ltd, Indiamart, Atom technologies, Cisco, FACE, Infogain, Atos, Syntel, Clover Infotech, Filatex India Limited, Infosys, Axxela Advisory Services, Colpal, Forbes, Marshal, Ingram, Micro India Pvt. Ltd, Bayside Media Pvt. Ltd, Daikin India, Futures First, Interactive Brokers, BNP Paribas, Decimal Point Analytics, Gaia Smart Cities Solutions, Jaro Education.
- More than 55 years of legacy as a leading engineering institute. Accreditation, NIRF Ranking, Autonomy and TEQIP. Three Times Accredited UG Programs – Civil and Mechanical Twice Accredited UG Program – Electrical Engineering Accredited PG Program – Civil (Construction Management)
- Ranked in top 150 institutions in NIRF 2017 Autonomous since 2010 TEQIP-II and TEQIP-III institute Good Governing system Transformational Learning Process – Value added courses, online courses, industry-relevant curriculum, innovation Training on leadership skills, entrepreneurship skills, managerial skills, communication skills, collaborative skills, etc.
- Academic, Professional and Personal goal setting To be competent professional, researcher A green campus and conducive infrastructure
SPCE Establishment: 1962
SPCE Accreditations: UGC, AICTE, NBA
SPCE Affiliated To Mumbai University, MUMBAI
SPCE Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with JEE Mains/SET-E/ MHT-CET / SAT
SPCE Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
SPCE Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
SPCE Fee Structure: Rs-1.70 Lakhs
SPCE Location: Sardar Patel College of Engineering Bhavan’s Campus, Munshi Nagar, Andheri (West), Mumbai 400 058.
SPCE Placements: Aaryan Structcon Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai, ABB Sweden, Abhijeet Dies & Tools Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai, Absotherm Services (P) Ltd. Thane, ACC Concrete Limited Mumbai, ACC Limited Thane, Accenture Mumbai, ACG Worldwide Mumbai, Admirecon Mumbai, Ador Welding Limited Mumbai, Aerosol Products & Machines Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai, Afcons Infrastructure Ltd. Mumbai, Aflyx Otech Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai, Agricon Industries Mumbai, Aimil Ltd. Mumbai, Aker Power gas Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai, Ald Dynatech Navi Mumbai, Allseas Mumbai, Alutech Industries (India) Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai, Alyx Otech Pvt. Ltd Mumbai, Amada Japan, Amdocs Development Centre India Private Limited Pune, Analyse Wise Navi Mumbai, AnalyseWise Investment Advisors Thane, Anchor Mark Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai, Aqualogistics Mumbai, Arihant Engineering Works Mumbai, ARK Infosolutions Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai, Ashtavinayaka Energy-Infra Pvt. Ltd. Navi Mumbai, Asiana Place Chennai, Askara International.
- Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal’s (SVKM) Dwarkadas J. Sanghvi College of Engineering (DJSCE), was established in the year 1994. In 25 years, DJSCE has come a long way and has made its impact felt not only in the country but also abroad. DJSCE is an Autonomous Institution, granted autonomy by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for 10 years, starting from the A.Y. 2019-20 till 2028-29.
- The college runs 8 undergraduate programmes, 3 postgraduate programmes and 3 PhD courses, permanently affiliated to the University of Mumbai. All the undergraduate programs are accredited by National Board of Accreditation. Our students have performed exceedingly well in national and globally competent multinational companies and also in the universities in India and abroad as they pursue their higher education.
- The favourable location of the institute in Mumbai along with state-of-the-art facilities and distinguished faculty has been a nurturing ground for students of high academic capabilities. 17,825 sq. meters (1,90,192 sq. feet) of spacious classrooms, well-equipped laboratories and workshops, new age computer facilities and a well-stocked library provide a stimulating educational environment within the College. The College has attracted qualified and experienced faculty members with more additions in the years to come.
- Continuing with the commitment of providing students with better infrastructural facilities; the College has been adding new equipment and furniture. These continued efforts of the parent trust, the faculty and our students have propelled the college into the top echelons of Quality Engineering Colleges with an ‘A’ grade certificate from the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State. DJSCE is also consistently rated amongst the top 100 Engineering Colleges of our country by various ranking institutions.
DJSCE Establishment: 1994
DJSCE Accreditations: AICTE
DJSCE Affiliated To: Mumbai University, MUMBAI
DJSCE Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with JEE Mains/SET-E/ MHT-CET / SAT
DJSCE Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
DJSCE Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
DJSCE Fee Structure: Rs-1.79 Lakhs
DJSCE Location: No. U-15, J.V.P.D. Scheme, Bhaktivedanta Swami Rd, Opp.Cooper Hospital, Vile Parle, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400056
DJSCE Placements: TCS Ltd., Amdocs Ltd., L & T, Oracle, BNP Paribas, Revcontent, Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morgan Chase, GEP, ATOS origin Ltd., E&Y, PWC, Fractal Analytics, ZS Associates, Infosys, L&T Infotech, L&T Tech Services, Reliance Industries Ltd., Reliance Petrochemicals, Reliance JIO, HUL, Siemens Ltd., Mahindra & Mahindra Farm Equipments, BOSCH, Nerolac Paints, Technimont ICB Pvt Ltd., Tata Projects, VCA Wabag.
- Established in 1983, Thadomal Shahani Engineering College (TSEC), founded by Hyderabad (Sind) National Collegiate Board, is recognized by Government of Maharashtra, approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and Affiliated to University of Mumbai.
- .It offers a 4-year Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) The degree program in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication, Biomedical Engineering and Chemical Engineering.
- The College offers a PhD program in the subject of Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication. At present we are enrolled with 40 research Scholars. TSEC is hugely successful in creating an academic ambience where learners increasingly succeed in unleashing their potential. It’s success in placing graduate students in leading enterprises (more than 70 enterprises offer campus placement for our graduates.), and enrolling for higher studies, for choice branches, in India and abroad, has been exemplary. Four programs of the college are accredited by National Board of Accreditation.
- TSEC is constantly identifying and developing new and nascent technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and BlockChain Technology, for enhancing student learning and growth. TSEC follows a gender agnostic academic ambience where wards thrive and emerge as productive contributors over four years of engagement.
TSEC Establishment: 1983
TSEC Accreditations: AICTE
TSEC Affiliated To Mumbai University, MUMBAI
TSEC Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with JEE Mains/SET-E/ MHT-CET / SAT
TSEC Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
TSEC Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
TSEC Fee Structure: Rs-1.64 Lakhs
TSEC Location: P. G. Kher Marg, (32nd Road), TPS-III, Off Linking Road, Bandra (W), Mumbai – 400050
TSEC Placements: Accenture, Amdocs, Oracle, Infosys, Works Application, Morgan Stanley, Tech Mahindra, Larsen & Toubro It, Tata, Capgemini, Atos, Origin, Siemens, Maestros, Reliance, Pwc, Byju’s, Vistaar, Deloitte, Sap, Barclays, Jacob’s, BNP, Paribas, Jio, Quinnox, Meditab, Medtronic, Transasia, Jp Morgan, Media.Net, Directi, Ey, Teach For India, Seclore.
- The Thakur College of Engineering & Technology (TCET) was established in the academic year 2001-02 with a clear objective of providing quality technical education in tune with international standards and contemporary global requirements. The College is recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) & Govt. of Maharashtra and is affiliated to the University of Mumbai (UOM). All the courses at the U.G. level, eligible for accreditation in 2011 i.e. Electronics & Telecommunication (EXTC), Information Technology (IT) and Computer Engineering (CMPN) were accredited by NBA for three years w.e.f. 16.9.2011. Moreover, these programmes are also given permanent affiliation w.e.f. A.Y. 2015-16.
- The Institute applied for 2nd-time accreditation for its UG Programmes i.e. EXTC, IT and CMPN, and 1st-time accreditation of Electronics Engineering (ETRX) as it became eligible after three batches passed out in 2015. All these programmes were accredited for 3 years w.e.f. 01-07-2016. The ETRX programme is also given permanent affiliation w.e.f. A.Y. 2017-18.
- TCET is ISO 9001:2008 certified and is likely to be upgraded to ISO 9001:2015. Institute is the recipient of reputed IMC – Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Commendation Certification 2012 (Education) followed by IMC – Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award 2015 (Education). In July 2016 TCET has been selected for Asia Pacific Quality Award (APQA) for best in a class award in education category from Global Pacific Quality Award (GPQA).
- TCET has been awarded in the category of “Excellent Performing & Innovative Engineering Institute in Maharashtra” at National Maharashtra Education Summit & Awards 2016, jointly organized by University of Mumbai & CMAI Association of India. TCET is a member of National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), for active industry-institute interaction where TCET has been felicitated by CII-Education Excellence Forum for enhancing Industry Connect, Employability and Faculty Competency.
TCET Establishment: 2001
TCET Accreditations: AICTE, NAAC GRADE A
TCET Affiliated To: Mumbai University, MUMBAI
TCET Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with JEE Mains/SET-E/ MHT-CET / SAT
TCET Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
TCET Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
TCET Fee Structure: Rs-1.37 Lakhs
TCET Location: Thakur College Of Engineering And Technology. A-Block, Thakur Educational Campus, Shyamnarayan Thakur Marg, Thakur Village, Kandivali(E). Mumbai – 400101.
TCET Placements: Accenture,Media.net, (Direct-I), Aegis, Milestone Softwares, Amdocs, MRVC, Ariston Capital, Mu Sigma, ARK Technosolutions, Neebal Tech, Atos Origin, NeoSOFT, Bewakoof.com, NESA, Blobcity, NewGen, Business Access(India)Pvt Ltd, NSE Infotech, Capgemini, NSE IT, Carwale.com, NTT Communication Corporation, CMSS, Oracle, Credence, Oracle Financial Services, CRMNEXT, OSP Labs, CyberTech Systems & Software Ltd, P2S Info Systems, Datamatics, Persistent Systems, Direct-I, Polaris, Drishtant Services, Prama Hikvision India, eClinic, Pykih, Ekraft, Quinnox, ElECTROLAB (India)Pvt. Ltd, Row-2, Exa India, RTUL, Flexi venture Pvt.Ltd., Seclore.
- Located in a picturesque environment in the heart of the Mumbai city, Fr.Conceicao Rodrigues College of Engineering (Fr.CRCE) is one of the renowned, premier and sought-after private Engineering colleges. The Institute is dedicated to making a difference in Engineering education, with its exclusive approach towards the ongoing momentum of trends in technology and holistic development.
- Beginning with an orphanage (BalBhavan) and a trade school in carpentry, the Agnel Ashram (set up in 1957 at Bandra, Mumbai) has today grown into a full-fledged Technical Complex. The Institute today proudly bears the founder’s name as a fitting tribute to his impassioned faith in highly-qualified and fully-trained engineers and technicians in the service of the nation.
- The Institute started with only one programme in Production Engineering in 1984 with an intake capacity of 60 students. In 1987, the programme in Electronics Engineering was started with an intake capacity of 60 students followed by Computer Engineering in 1991 with an intake capacity of 60 students. In 2001, the programme in Information Technology was started with an intake capacity of 30 students which was later increased to 60 in 2010.
- The College started offering Master’s Degree in Electronics Engineering and Mechanical Engineering in the year 2005, each having an intake capacity of 18. Doctoral programs in Electronics Engineering and Mechanical Engineering commenced in 2014 and 2015 respectively. From the year 2019, a new Undergraduate degree programme in Mechanical Engineering has been started with an intake capacity of 60.
- Also, the BE undergraduate programme in Electronics Engineering has been changed to Electronics and Computer Science. The Undergraduate programme in Information Technology has been merged with Computer Engineering. From the year 2020, college is offering a new undergraduate programme in the emerging area of ‘AI & Data Science’.
CRCE Establishment: 1984
CRCE Accreditations: AICTE
CRCE Affiliated To: Mumbai University, MUMBAI
CRCE Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with JEE Mains/SET-E/ MHT-CET / SAT
CRCE Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
CRCE Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
CRCE Fee Structure: Rs-1.46 Lakhs
CRCE Location: Fr. Agnel Ashram, Bandstand, Bandra (W). Mumbai 400 050. MH. IN
CRCE Placements: Microsoft, Accolite, Ugam, Credit Suisse, Quantiphi, Barclays, ZS Associates, Dolat Capital, Carwale, Seclore, MAQ Software, Oracle, IVP, Publicis, Sapient Wissen Tech, Interactive Brokers, BNP, Citius Tech, ISS, Deloitte USI, JPMC (CFG), Colgate, Siemens, General Mills, LTI, Capgemini, Phone Pe, Morgan Stanley, Book My Show, LnT(Core), JPMC(Finance), GEP, Nomura, Axxela, Deutsche Bank, Amadeus Labs, Kotak, KPMG, Fractal, Crisil, LTTS, Chenoa, Shezar Tech, Amdocs, Cimpress, Pi-Techniques, FSS Utopia, Tech Nvent, Cloud Ganga, Xoriant, Media.Net, UpGrad, Vistaar, Rave Tech, MSCI, Tata Digital, Dun & Bradstreet, Infosys, Smartly Built, Equifax, WorkIndia, IBM, JPMC(CR), OMP, NSE-IT, Axis Bank, Cognizant, Jaro Education, VMware
- K J Somaiya Institute of Engineering and Information Technology (KJSIEIT), the second Engineering College established by the Somaiya Trust in the year 2001 at Ayurvihar campus, Sion
- was set up primarily in response to the need for imparting quality education in the modern field of Information Technology and the allied branches of Engineering and Technology. KJSIEIT as a well-established name in the Engineering Education has been creating engineering professionals to shoulder growing responsibilities and pursue emerging opportunities with a career progression
- The Institute endeavours for the holistic personality of its students through an array of cultural and sports events and numerous multi-skilled professional activities.
- The institute is self-financed and privately managed and is approved by All India Council for Technical Education, University Grants Commission,
KJIEIT Establishment: 2001
KJIEIT Accreditations: AICTE, NAAC GRADE A
KJIEIT Affiliated To Mumbai University, MUMBAI
KJIEIT Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with JEE Mains/SET-E/ MHT-CET / SAT
KJIEIT Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
KJIEIT Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
KJIEIT Fee Structure: Rs-1.55 Lakhs
KJIEIT Location: Somaiya Ayurvihar Complex, Eastern Express Highway, Near Everard Nagar, Sion (East), Mumbai – 400 022.
KJIEIT Placements: Colgate, Siemens, General Mills, LTI, Capgemini, Phone Pe, Morgan Stanley, Book My Show, LnT(Core), JPMC(Finance), GEP, Nomura, Axxela, Deutsche Bank, Amadeus Labs, Kotak, KPMG, Fractal, Crisil, LTTS, Chenoa, Shezar Tech, Amdocs, Cimpress, Pi-Techniques, FSS Utopia, Tech Nvent, Cloud Ganga, Xoriant, Media.Net, UpGrad, Vistaar, Rave Tech, MSCI, Tata Digital, Dun & Bradstreet, Infosys, Smartly Built, Equifax, WorkIndia, IBM, JPMC(CR), OMP, NSE-IT, Axis Bank, Cognizant, Jaro Education, VMware.
- Shah and Anchor Kutchhi Engineering College was established in 1985 to impart quality technical education. The college is managed by Mahavir Education Trust. The college is approved by AICTE, New Delhi and Government of Maharashtra, and is affiliated to the University of Mumbai. It also has an ISO -9001 Certification.
- It offers undergraduate courses in Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics Engineering and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering. It also offers Post Graduate Courses in Computer Engineering, Information Technology & Electronics Engineering.
- UG Programs in Computer Engineering and Information Technology of the college has been awarded accreditation by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) from A.Y. 2019-20 for 3 Years.
- Shah & Anchor Kutchhi Engineering College, cherish a mission of achieving our goal of imparting state of the art technology and management education in the emerging disciplines. We fulfil our commitment through periodic review of academic environment and management system and continual improvement of infrastructure, teaching techniques and faculty skills to keep pace with the latest developments. While doing so, we ensure compliance with the applicable rules, regulation and statutory requirements in force for the self-financed minority education institution
SAKEC Establishment: 1985
SAKEC Accreditations: AICTE, NBA
SAKEC Affiliated To Mumbai University, MUMBAI
SAKEC Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with JEE Mains/SET-E/ MHT-CET / SAT
SAKEC Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
SAKEC Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
SAKEC Fee Structure: Rs- 1.27 Lakhs
SAKEC Location: Shah & Anchor Kutchhi Engineering College Mahavir Education Trust Chowk, W. T. Patil Marg, Near Dukes Company, Chembur, Mumbai- 400 088
SAKEC Placements: Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Rediff, Morgan Stanley, Epic, Amdocs, L & T, Godrej, Blue Star, Eaton, Gammon, Wipro, Infosys, TCS, Accenture, Deloitte, Wipro, IBM, Goldman Sachs, and Texas Instruments, Uni Qlo, Toppr, Jaro Education, Amazon web services, Byjus, Barclays, Indian Navy, Carwale, Seclore, Tcs Digital, Justdial, Media.net, Purple, Reliance Jio.
- Evolve a curriculum which emphasizes on strong fundamentals with the flexibility to choose advanced courses of interest and gain exposure to tools and techniques in contemporary subjects.
- Encourage a teaching-learning process in which highly competent faculty share a symbiotic association with institutes of repute.
- Facilitate the creation and dissemination of knowledge through a digitally-enabled learning environment.
- Develop academic and infrastructural facilities with modern equipment and other learning resources and encourage reciprocal sharing with other institutes through networking. Establish a Center of Excellence to enhance academia-industry partnership and work on collaborative projects.
VIT Establishment: 1999
VIT Accreditations: AICTE, NAAC GRADE A
VIT Affiliated To: Mumbai University, MUMBAI
VIT Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with JEE Mains/SET-E/ MHT-CET / SAT
VIT Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
VIT Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
VIT Fee Structure: Rs-1.5 Lakhs
VIT Location: Vidyalankar Institute of Technology, Vidyalankar College Marg, Wadala(E), Mumbai-400 037
VIT Placements: Works application, Uni Qlo, Toppr, Jaro Education, Amazon web services, Byjus, Barclays, Indian Navy, Carwale, Seclore, Tcs Digital, Justdial, Media.net, Purple, Reliance Jio.
- Vivekanand Education Society was founded in 1959 by Shri. Hashu Advani, along with ten other members, who shared the dream of providing qualitative education to the youth of our country. In the beginning, Vivekanand Education Society had a very modest launch, with just 256 students and six classrooms, in the humble barracks of Chembur Camp.
- But today, it proudly boasts of having 3, 75, 000 sq. ft. land, housing 12 buildings and 28 Institutions, ranging from a crèche to PhD Centers. It has over 2000 teaching and non-teaching staff, and more than 18,000 students who pass through its hallowed portals each year.
- Vivekanand Education Society’s Institute of Technology (VESIT) was established in 1984, to provide professional education in the field of Engineering. This institute is affiliated to the University of Mumbai and follows the rules and regulations laid down by the government, AICTE, and University for admission; 51% reserved for Sindhi Linguistic minority and 49% through CAP test. The management quota has been surrendered to DTE to make admission centralized.
- The institute has a total of 189 faculties, of which 21 are PhD holders and 29 faculty members are pursuing their PhD.
VESIT Establishment: 1984
VESIT Accreditations: AICTE
VESIT Affiliated To Mumbai University, MUMBAI
VESIT Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with JEE Mains/SET-E/ MHT-CET / SAT
VESIT Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
VESIT Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
VESIT Fee Structure: Rs-1.04 Lakhs
VESIT Location: Hashu Adwani Memorial Complex, Collector’s Colony, Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400074
VESIT Placements: Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Rediff, Morgan Stanley, Epic, Amdocs, L & T, Godrej, Blue Star, Eaton, Gammon, Wipro, Infosys, TCS, Accenture, Deloitte, Wipro, IBM, Goldman Sachs, and Texas Instruments.
So, the above-mentioned colleges are the best engineering colleges in Mumbai and have every facility provided by the top colleges. So do check this article again and bookmark this in your laptop/mobile/desktop and share the knowledge with others before joining in the engineering stream.