Top Fifteen MTech Colleges In India
Engineering is one of the leading and top undergraduate courses in India. Many students apply for the engineering course through different entrance exams and obtain seats in the best colleges depending on the marks secured. To do In-Depth study or research or specialization on the subject Master of Technology that is Mtech is chosen by students. M tech is a postgraduate degree for engineering courses. M tech mainly consists of a group of subjects with specialization in a particular field in engineering.
In India, there are many best and top M tech colleges and offer the best education in the field of engineering. Every year the National or state board conducts entrance exams for M tech admission in colleges. For National level colleges like IIT, NIT other GATE accepted colleges this board appoints one IIT college to conduct the GATE Exam to select students for Mtech courses in IIT and NIT and other GATE accepted colleges. These appointed IIT colleges take care of examinations and other admission processes on behalf of the national board. In Terms of state-level entrance exam, State university take off the entrance and admission process and allot seats based on the marks.
With the advent of new technologies like machine learning, artificial intelligence, Blockchain courses are being updated with the latest technologies in Mtech. So that graduate can make use of these new courses. Below is the list of best and top Mtech colleges in India, which provides the best facilities to students in terms of faculty, search and industrial exposures and campus placements.
1.INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY MADRAS – [IITM], CHENNAI
- The Institute was formally inaugurated in 1959 by Prof. Humayun Kabir, Union Minister for Scientific Research and Cultural Affairs. The campus is located in a beautiful wooded land of about 250 hectares.
- The Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) is among the finest, globally reputed higher technological institutions that are sensitive and constructively responsive to student expectations and national needs. IITM was founded in 1959 as an ‘Institute of National Importance by the Government of India with technical and financial assistance from the Federal Republic of West Germany. IITM celebrated its Golden Jubilee in the year 2008-09.
- During these 50+ years, IIT Madras has gained a reputation for the quality of its faculty and the outstanding calibre of the students in the undergraduate, postgraduate and research programmes. IITM is recognized as a centre of academic and research excellence offering engineering, science, management and humanities education on par with the best in the world. IITM is ranked as the #1 Technical Institutions in India in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by National Institutional Ranking Framework
- The Heritage Centre was formally inaugurated by Dr Arcot Ramachandran, former Director IIT Madras on 3rd March 2006. An ISO 9001 Certified college.
IITM NIRF RATINGS
IITM Accreditations: AICTE
IITM Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITM Eligibility & Admission: Graduation With 50%+ GATE
IITM Fee Structure: Rs 2.12 Lakhs
IITM Location: Indian Institute of Technology Madras, IIT P.O., Chennai 600 036, Tamil Nadu, India.
IITM Placements: Google, Samsung, TATA, General Electric, Bain and Company, IBM, J.P Morgan, BCG, Cisco, Microsoft, Auctus Advisors, Intel, Qualcomm, Apple, Star, American Express, Rolls Royce, Shell, Mercedes-Benz, ITC limited, HSBC, Dalberg, Roland Berger, DE Shaw & co, P&G, Goldman Sachs, Citi Bank, EY, Flipkart, EXL Analytics, Mahindra & Mahindra, HCL Technologies, CSS Corp, Rivigo Services, MYntra, Oracle India.
2.INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY – [IIT], NEW DELHI
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi is one of the 23 IITs created to be Centres of Excellence for training, research, and development in science, engineering, and technology in India.
- Established as College of Engineering in 1961, the Institute was later declared as an Institution of National Importance under the “Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 1963” and was renamed as “Indian Institute of Technology Delhi”. It was then accorded the status of a Deemed University with powers to decide its academic policy, to conduct its examinations, and to award its degrees
- Centre of excellence on smart technology-enabled manufacturing
- Desmi centre of excellence on waste to wealth
- Industry consortium on artificial intelligence
IITD NIRF RATINGS
IITD Establishment: 1961
IITD Accreditations: MHRD, UGC
IITD Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITD Eligibility & Admission: Graduation With 50%+ GATE
IITD Fee Structure: Rs 1.25 Lakh
IITD Location: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi Hauz Khas, New Delhi, Delhi 110016.
IITD Placements: Mastercard, Uber, Microsoft, Societe Generale, Denso, Japan, TSMC, Taiwan, HCL, Flipkart, C-Dot, EXL, IBM, Qualcomm among top recruiters.
3.IIT BOMBAY – INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY [IITB], MUMBAI
- Established in 1958, IIT Bombay has a total of 14 Academic Departments, 10 Centres, two Schools, and three Interdisciplinary Programmes. It is recognized worldwide as a leader in the field of engineering education and research.
- Nine Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar awardees, 31 INAE (Indian National Academy of Engineering) awardees, two INAE Young Engineer award, 17 INSA (Indian National Science Academy) awardees, one Young Scientist award, 21 NAS (National Academy of Sciences) awardees, 19 IAS (Indian Academy of Sciences) awardees, and seven Swarnajayanti fellows are currently or have previously been affiliated with the institute.
- IITB was an early adopter of the concept of business incubation in India. In 1999, an entrepreneurship cell was set up. Encouraged by the success of this initial experiment, a full-fledged technology business incubator, Society for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (SINE) was set up in 2004. It was set up to guide and encourage both students and faculty by facilitating the conversion of research activity into entrepreneurial ventures.
- Rank In Quacquarelli Symonds (Qs)-world University Rankings, Atal Ranking Of Institutions On Innovation Achievements 2019.
IITB NIRF RATINGS
IITB Establishment: 1958
IITB Accreditations: AICTE, UGC
IITB Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITB Eligibility & Admission: Graduation With 50%+ GATE
IITB Fee Structure: Rs 1.28 Lakhs
IITB Location: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay Powai, Mumbai – 400076, INDIA.
IITB Placements: ISRO, Honeywell, Boeing, Gulfstream, Airbus, Hyundai Mobis, Vedanta, Schlumberger, Hindustan Petroleum, Ongc, Cairn, Citius Tech, Sysmex, Strand, Indigene, Micron, L&T, Tata, Ramboll, Piramal, Dr Reddy’s, Itc, Hul, Sekisui, Rb, Exl, Anz, Ey, Accenture, Citi Bank, Google, Apple, Rubrik, IBM, Microsoft, Tower Research Capital, Uber, Texas Instruments, Samsung, Qualcomm, Sony, NEC, Honda, Bloomenergy, Mahindra, Gse, Suzlon, Murata, Analog Devices, Tsmc, Byju’s, Rakuten, Reliance, Exxon Mobil, P&G, Dhl, Jsw, Shell, Loreal Paris, Bajaj, Ge, Jaguar, Daikin, Tata Steel, Hitachi, Havells, Benz.
4.INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY – [IITKH], KHARAGPUR
- The Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur was founded in 1951. A forerunner of the other IITs, and in many ways a role model for them, IIT Kharagpur has been producing scientists and technologists of the highest calibre who continue to provide leadership in education, research, industry, and management. Many of its alumni are illustrious men and women whose achievements command admiration and respect everywhere and evoke a just sense of pride in the IIT community.
- Situated 120 km west of Kolkata, Kharagpur can be reached in about two and a half hours by train from the Howrah railway station of Kolkata. Kharagpur is also connected by direct train service to other major cities of the country. The Institute is about 10 minute’s drive (5 km) from Kharagpur railway station. Located in a sylvan landscape, far from the heat and dust of the city, the campus provides a calm and serene environment for dedicated academic pursuits.
- IIT Kharagpur has two fully operational extension centres, one at Kolkata and the other at Bhubaneswar, besides the main campus at Kharagpur, which is the largest in the country. The Institute has completed the construction of the first-of-its-kind research and innovation park at Rajarhat. The Park will have facilities to house collaborative research laboratories of partner organisations, incubation units and other academic and research facilities, amenities and utility units. These will be connected with the main campus at Kharagpur to enable e-facilities for the conduction of academic and research activities.
- IIT Kharagpur has been a prime mover in the modernization of technical education in independent India. Excellent research facilities and support in the frontier areas of science and technology are available at IIT Kharagpur, which includes some of the most advanced laboratories and the largest technical library in the country housing a state-of-the-art electronic library.
IITKH NIRF RATINGS
IITKH Establishment: 1951
IITKH Accreditations: AICTE, UGC
IITKH Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITKH Eligibility & Admission: Graduation With 50%+ GATE
IITKH Fee Structure: Rs 2.32 lakhs
IITKH Location: Kharagpur – 721302 West Bengal India.
IITKH Placements: Aakash Educational Services Ltd., Accenture Solutions Pvt Ltd, Aditya Imaging Information Technologies, Adobe Systems, Adrosonic It Consultancy Services Pvt Ltd, Affine Analytics, Airbus Group India Private Limited, Air Liquide Global, E&C Solutions, Altair Engineering, Amazon India, American Express, Appdynamics, Apple India Private Limited, Applied Materials, Aqr Capital Management, Arc Document Solutions India Pvt. Ltd., Arpwood Capital Pvt Ltd, Arthdesign Build India Pvt. Ltd., Auctus Advisors, Axis Bank, Axtria India Pvt. Ltd., Back To Village (B2v), Bajaj Auto Limited, Bajaj Electricals Limited, Balajee Education Pvt Ltd, Barclays Global Service Center, Beehyv Software Solutions Pvt Ltd., Betterplace Safety Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Bidgely Technologies
5.INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY – [IITKN], KANPUR
- IIT Kanpur is reputed all over the world for its innovative academic programmes stressing science-based engineering education. Since its inception in 1960, the Institute has been engaged in carrying out original research of significance and technology development at the cutting edge. It offers students an exciting academic experience with opportunities to pursue interdisciplinary programmes and collaborative research within the Institute as well as through various exchange programmes with universities across the world. Besides, a vibrant array of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities provides students with a holistic educational experience preparing them for a wide range of professions after graduation.
- The time spent at IIT Kanpur makes a student grow from being a good learner into being a good thinker and a good researcher in his/her chosen field. Even undergraduate research at IIT Kanpur has won the Institute many laurels. Innovation is an integral part of teaching at IIT Kanpur. While the curriculum represents the Institute’s vision for a given programme, the teaching methods are a choice of the individual teachers and reflect their vision. Faculty has immense freedom to experiment in the teaching.
- IIT Kanpur offers a liberal undergraduate education, where knowledge of science and technology is part of a broader knowledge platform. A student has the choice of opting for more than 50% of courses outside of his/her chosen department. Of these, a student can opt for more than 25% of courses in the fields of management and humanities and social sciences.
- The students are, therefore, free to develop a wide knowledge base encompassing diverse disciplines. IIT Kanpur recognizes an undergraduate degree as the starting point of a student’s higher education and aspirations and encourages the student to explore his/her interests further so that he/she may make an informed choice about what to do next.
IITKN NIRF RATINGS
IITKN Establishment: 1959
IITKN Accreditations: UGC
IITKN Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITKN Eligibility & Admission: Graduation With 50%+ GATE
IITKN Fee Structure: Rs 2.14 lakhs
IITKN Location: JEE Office, DOAA Building, IIT Kanpur, Kalyanpur, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208016, India
IITKN Placements: 7 labs, Forte Research Systems, Persistent Systems Ltd, 3CLogic, Fortum India, Petrofac, 3DPLM Software, Four Ace Limited, Petron Civil Engineers, 3HD Media, FPT Industrial, Philips, 3M India, Fractal Analytics, Photon Interactive Pvt. Ltd., 9dot9 Media, Freescale Semiconductor India, Piaggio Vehicles Private Limited, Aarvee Associates, Fresh Mentor, P-mech Consultant Pvt. Ltd, ABB, Future First, Pocket Gems, ABG Shipyard, Fuzzy Logix, PolicyBazaar.com, AbsolutData Analytics, Galaxy Surfactants, Power Grid, Accenture, Galaxy Surfactants Limited, Pranveer Singh Institute of Technology, ACG Worldwide, Gallup Pratham Software, Aditya Birla Chemicals, Gateway Analytics Pvt Ltd, PRDC Infotech, Aditya Birla Group (Pulp & Fibre Business), GATI, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Adobe, General Electric, Prodintel Technology Pvt.Ltd., Adobe Systems, General Motors, Pubmatic Inc., Adoroi, Genpact, Qualcomm, Adroit, CAD Solutions, GEODATA, Quantum Phinance, Adroit Design Solutions, Geometric Global, Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies, Adstuck, GeoNaksha, Ramboll, Adstuck Consulting.
6.INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY – [IITGW], GUWAHATI
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG) is the sixth IIT established in 1994 and has been celebrating its silver jubilee in the current year. In the last 24 years, IITG has placed itself on the global academic map by dint of untiring efforts of the quality faculty members, staff and outstanding students. Times Higher Education (THE) ranked IITG 14th among the world’s best small universities in 2017. IITG got rank 7 in Engineering and rank 9 overall in NIRF-2019.
- Situated in Guwahati (a modern and safe city) and on the north bank of the river Brahmaputra, the well-planned campus of IITG is spread over 700 acres having woods, hills (home for different birds and animals) and lakes inside. The lakes are winter home for a wide range of migratory birds. This along with other infrastructural facilities (laboratories, sports facilities, clubs, hostels, computer centre, library etc) provides the right ambience for pursuing studies and other social and extracurricular activities.
- Guwahati being the gateway to northeast India, students can explore the natural beauty and rich and diverse cultures of all the northeastern states. It prides itself on being probably the most scenic academic campus in India. Guwahati Railway Station (22 km) and International Airport (23 km) could be reached from IIT Guwahati by bus, taxi and auto services within 30 minutes. Institute buses ply to and from the city centre at regular intervals. Guwahati is well connected by trains and flights to the rest of India. Weather at Guwahati remains pleasant for most of the year with maximum and minimum temperatures of around 370C (summer) and 70C (winter) respectively with a fair amount of rainfall.
- The Institute offers BTech in 10 disciplines along with a BDes programme, MTech in all engineering specializations, dual degree (MTech+PhD and MS+PhD) in some departments and centres and PhD in all departments and centres. IITG also offers two years MSc (in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics departments) and a two-year MA (Developmental Studies) programmes. The current student strength of the Institute is about 6100 (including international students) and 33% of them are PhD students. BTech students can enrol for minor specializations in a discipline other than his/her own to extend their knowledge base to another area of interest.
IITGW NIRF RATINGS
IITGW Establishment: 1994
IITGW Accreditations: AICTE, UGC
IITGW Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITGW Eligibility & Admission: Graduation With 50%+ GATE
IITGW Fee Structure: Rs 2.02 Lakhs
IITGW Location: INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY GUWAHATI, Guwahati – 781039, Assam, India
IITGW Placements: D Solid Compression Pvt Ltd, 3DPLM Software Solutions, 4 am Design and Tech. Labs, 64Squares, Aarvee Associates, Absolutdata, Abzooba, Accenture, AceThought Technologies, Adobe, AirBus, Airvana Networks, Alacriti, Allseas India, Altair Altisource Business Solutions, Amazon, American Express, Analog Devices Analytics, Quotient India Services, Ansys ARC Document Solutions India, Arcesium, Aricent Arista Networks, Arkitechno Consultants India, ASC Infratech, Ashok Leyland, Aspiring Minds, Assessment Assam Down Town University, Atkins India, Atomic Labs, AVA Corp, Avanti Learning Centres, Axis Bank, Axtria, Bank of America, Bank of India, Barclays, Beceem Beehyv Software Solutions, Belzabar Software, Bentley Systems, BGR Energy Systems
7.INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY – [IITRK], ROORKEE
- Indian Institute of Technology – Roorkee is among the foremost Institutes of national importance in higher technological education and in engineering, basic and applied research. Since its establishment, the Institute has played a vital role in providing the technical manpower and know-how to the country in pursuit of research.
- The Institute ranks amongst the best technological institutions in the world and has contributed to all sectors of technological development. It has also been considered a trend-setter in the area of education and research in the field of science, technology, and engineering.
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, the successor of the University of Roorkee, is the oldest technical institution in the country. Established as the Roorkee College in 1847 and rechristened as the Thomson College of Civil Engineering in 1854, it made tremendous contributions in the development of an infrastructural base of the country, to mention a few as roads and highways, canals and irrigation networks, railways and engineering industries.
- Recognising its outstanding contributions and its growth potential, the college was elevated to be the first Technical University of India on November 25, 1948. Nurtured as the premier institution by the State of Uttar Pradesh, the University has declared an Institute of National Importance and converted into the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee by an Act of Parliament with effect from September 21, 2001. Today it cherishes history as an institute 171 years old, served as the University of Roorkee for 67 years and as IIT Roorkee for 18 years.
IITRK NIRF RATINGS
IITRK Establishment: 1847
IITRK Accreditations: AICTE, UGC
IITRK Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITRK Eligibility & Admission: Graduation With 50%+ GATE
IITRK Fee Structure: Rs 1.26 lakhs
IITRK Location: INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY ROORKEE, Roorkee 247667, Uttarakhand, India.
IITRK Placements: 1 mg Technologies Pvt. Ltd.,3 M India Ltd.,3DPLM Software Solutions Ltd.,64 Squares, A I K Banka, A2Z Maintenance & Engineering Services Ltd., Aarti Industries Ltd., Aarvee Associates, Architects Engineers & Consultants Pvt. Ltd.ABB Group, ABCO India Private Ltd.Absolute Data Research and Analytics Solutions Private Ltd., ACC Ltd., Accenture Services Pvt. Ltd., Accolite Software India Pvt. Ltd., ACG Pharma Technologies Pvt. Ltd., ACME Telepower Ltd., Acumen, Aditi Technologies, Adobe Systems India Pvt. Ltd., ADP Private Ltd., Advait Life-Education, AFCONS Infrastructure Ltd., Affine Analytics Pvt. Ltd., Agnity India Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Air Liquide, AIR Worldwide India Pvt. Ltd., Airbus Engineering Centre, India Airplay Payment Services Pvt. Ltd., Airvana Networks India Pvt Ltd.
8.BIRLA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND SCIENCE – [BITS], PILANI
- The Birla Institute of Technology & Science, BITS Pilani is an all-India Institute for higher education. The primary motive of BITS is to “train young men and women able and eager to create and put into action such ideas, methods, techniques and information”.
- The Institute is a dream come true of its founder late Mr G.D.Birla – an eminent industrialist, a participant in the Indian freedom struggle and a close associate of the Father of Indian Nation late Mr Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (Mahatma Gandhi).
- What started in the early 1900s as a small school, blossomed into a set of colleges for higher education, ranging from the Humanities to Engineering until 1964 when all these colleges amalgamated to culminate into a unique Indian University of International standing. This university was christened as the Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, known to many as BITS, Pilani.
- BITS, Pilani has been accredited by the National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) with an ‘A’ grade with a CGPA of 3.45 on a four-point scale after visiting bits Pilani, K.K Birla Goa & Hyderabad campuses in 2016.
BITS NIRF RATINGS
BITS Establishment: 1994
BITS Accreditations: AICTE
BITS Affiliated To Deemed To Be University
BITS Eligibility & Admission: Graduation With 50% + BITSAT
BITS Fee Structure: Rs 3.10 lakhs
BITS Location: BITS, Pilani – 333 031 (Rajasthan) India.
BITS Placements: Abinbev, Accenture, Accolite, Aditya Birla Capital, Aditya Birla Group (Hindalco), Aditya Birla Management Group, Aditya Birla Science & Technology, Adobe, Aeques, Afour technologies, Amadeus Labs, Amazon, Amdocs, Amity Software Pvt Limited, Angara Inc, Angel Broking, AppDynamics, Arcesium, ARM, Ascent Health and Wellness Solutions, ATCS, Axis Bank, Axtria, Axxela Advisory Services, Bajaj Allianz, Bajaj Auto, Baldor Technologies, BCC, Beehyv, BNY Mellon (US), Boston Consulting Group, Bridgestone, Byju’s, Cairn India, Capgemini, CGI, Cipher Research Group, Cisco, Citi Bank, Codenation , Cognizant, Cohesity, Credit Suisse, Cyient, Cypress, DalbergDar Group, DE Shaw, Delhivery, Dell, Deloitte, Deutsche Bank, Direct I, Dorsch Consult India, Dr Reddy’s Lab, Evalueserve, EXL Services, Exponentia Datalabs, Exxon Mobil, EY, Facebook (UK).
9.INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY – [IITH], HYDERABAD
- IIT Hyderabad is one among the 2nd generation of IITs started by the Govt. of India. Today IITH offers 11 B.Tech programs, 1 B.Des Program, 3 M.Sc programs, 18 M.Tech programs, 1 M.Des program, 1 MA Program and 15 PhD programs in all branches of engineering, science, liberal arts and design. IIT Hyderabad offers a 2 years M.Tech Program to foreign Nationals in 9 different departments.
- The very foundation of IIT Hyderabad is based on research and innovation. The vibrant research culture is evident from the number of patents and publications that IITH has. At IITH students are given a plethora of choices, which they diligently choose with the help of a faculty advisor. Courses that last for a semester are almost a foregone story at IITH. From 14-15 academic year onwards all B.Tech programs started offering courses that are of smaller credits; called the fractal academics; very carefully designed to keep the enthusiasm of the students and to keep them in place with the state of the art from 1st semester till 8th semester.
- IITH in the past couple of years has been highly successful in building tie-ups with leading academic institutions around the globe. IITH enjoys a very special relationship with Japanese Universities and Industries that goes beyond academics and research collaborations. In fact, some of the iconic buildings on the IITH campus will carry the signature of Japanese architecture.
- IITH is creating a unique holistic educational ecosystem that offers interactive learning, a highly, flexible academic structure, cutting-edge research, strong industry collaboration, and entrepreneurship. It is providing an environment wherein students and faculty are not afraid to translate their dreams into realities
IITH NIRF RATINGS
IITH Establishment: 2008
IITH Accreditations: UGC
IITH Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITH Eligibility & Admission: Graduation With 50%+ GATE
IITH Fee Structure: Rs 5.01 lakhs
IITH Location: IITH Main Rd, Kandi, Telangana, India-502285
IITH Placements: Aarvee Associates, Accenture, Accolite, Adobe Systems, Altair, Amazon, AMD Bangalore, Amrita University, Analog Devices, Bank of America, BDL, Belcan, Benz, Bombardier, Boston Scientific, BPCL, CapGemini, Capital Dynamics, CEWIT, Code Nation, Cookpad, CTS, Cyient, Dell, Deloitte , Deshaw, Directi, Eaton, EFI Bangalore, Evalue serve, FIITJEE, Finisher Futures, First GAP, INC, Geny ,Medium, Headout, Hexagon, Honeywell, HPCL, IConcept, Infosys, ISRO, L&T Constructions, Leoforce, Mahindra & Mahindra, MAQ software, Marvell Semiconductor , Mathwork, Maxim Integrated, Mediatek , Meeami Technologies, Microsoft, IDC, MobileIron, MPR Refractors, MRF, Murata Electronics, NFTDC, NLCC, Oracle, Orbees, PayPal, Periyar, Maniammai University, PTC Software, Qolsys, Qualcomm, Rakuten,Redine, Sahajanand, Sales Force, Samsung Bangalore, Samsung Delhi, Scrum Do, Service Now, sigmoid Analytics, Smart prix, Smartron, Sms Data Tech, Strata Geo systems, Stryker, Tata Motors, Tata Steel, TCS, Teach For India, Tesco, Think I, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Urmi, Vedanta, Virtusa, Walmart, Wells Fargo, Works Application,Yahoo Japan, Zuti Engg.
10.COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, ANNA UNIVERSITY – [CEG], CHENNAI
- Anna University was established on 4th September 1978 as a unitary type of University. This University was named after Late Dr C.N.Annadurai, former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
- It offers higher education in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, and Applied Sciences relevant to the current and projected needs of society.
- In 2001, Anna University was converted to an affiliating type University by bringing together all the Engineering colleges in the State of Tamil Nadu and was again reconverted to the unitary type in 2010.
- In World University Ranking Anna University is ranked 201 as per QS (Quacquarelli Symonds) in the Faculty of Engineering and Chemical during the year 2017-2018. Anna University is ranked between 151 and 200 at the global level and 7 at the national level.
CEG NIRF RATINGS
CEG Establishment: 1974
CEG Accreditations: AICTE, NAAC GRADE A
CEG Affiliated To AU, CHENNAI
CEG Eligibility & Admission:Graduation With 50%+ GATE/TANCET
CEG Fee Structure: Rs 2 lakhs
CEG Location: Anna University, Guindy, Chennai – 600 025, Tamil Nadu, India.
CEG Placements: Tcs, Wipro, Accenture, Asian paints, Birlasoft, Biocon, Bridgestone, CaliberPoint among the top recruiters
11.NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY [NITT], TIRUCHIRAPPALLI
- The National Institute of Technology (formerly Regional Engineering College) Tiruchirappalli was established as a joint venture of the Government of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu in 1964 to produce world-class engineers who will cater to the growing technological needs of the nation. The institute was granted Deemed University Status with the approval of the UGC/AICTE and Government of India in 2003 and renamed the National Institute of Technology (NIT-T), NIT-T has been declared an institution of national importance by the National Institute of Technology Act 2007. The NITs are now fully funded by the Central Government.
- The move was intended to provide teaching and research in the branches of engineering, sciences, technology and management for the advancement of teaching and research. NIT Tiruchirappalli is one of India’s premier academic and research technical institutions that has driven new ways of thinking since its inception.
- The institution offers Undergraduate Courses in ten branches and Post Graduate Courses in twenty-one disciplines of Science, Engineering & Technology besides M.S. (by Research) and PhD in all the departments.
- The institute provides ample opportunities for developing extra-curricular skills which include NCC, NSS, Students Chapters of IEEE, Indian Geotechnical Society, Trichy Chapter, Civil Engg, social clubs and sports & games. The Alumni of this institution have excelled in various spheres and are positioned very well globally in several leading Government, Public Sector & Private Organizations. The Institute has a total campus area of 800 acres.
NITT NIRF RATINGS
NITT Establishment: 2016
NITT Accreditations: AICTE
NITT Affiliated To Autonomous University
NITT Eligibility & Admission: Graduation With 50%+ GATE
NITT Fee Structure: Rs 2 lakhs
NITT Location: Tanjore Main Road, National Highway 67, Tiruchirappalli – 620015, Tamil Nadu, India.
NITT Placements: Snapdeal, Flipkart, Axtria, Mu Sigma, Mahindra, Nucleus, National Instrument, L&T, BPCL, HPCL, IOCL, DRDO, Eicher-Volvo Commercial Vehicles Pvt. Ltd., AVTEC Pvt. Ltd., TATA Motors, Endurance Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Honda, Epic, FICO, Blue Star, Book My Show, Future First, Codenation, Goldman Sachs, Arecesium, Directi, Salesforce, Razorpay, Go-Jek, ISRO, Intel, TESCO, Innovaccer, Oracle, Mathworks, MAQ Software, Cognizant, Evalueserve, Bharat Forge, Reliance Jio, Bharat Seats, Maruti Suzuki, Wipro, Mentor Graphics, Analog Devices, UpGrad, L&T Infotech, Capgemini, Reliance, Samsung Solutions, Trident Group, UnitedHealth Group Ltd., Google, Amazon, Microsoft, DE-Shaw, IBM India, Samsung R&D India, CISCO, Bosch, GE India, Barclays, Deloitte, TCS, TCE, Infosys, CMC Ltd., Impetus, CSC Ltd., Finisar Malaysia, Altair India, Qualcomn, Morgan Stanley, CA Technologies, Uniken India Pvt. Ltd., Virtusa, Coal India, HCL Technologies, L&T, Practo.
12.INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY – [IIT BHU], VARANASI
IIT BHU Highlights:
- Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University) is situated in the magnificent campus of Banaras Hindu University spread over nearly 1300 acres at the southern end of the ancient city of Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. IIT(BHU), formerly known as the Institute of Technology, was a part of the Banaras Hindu University has been an internationally acknowledged seat of learning and was established in 1919 by the great visionary and patriot, Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya Ji.
- Engineering Education in Banaras Hindu University commenced as early as 1919 with the establishment of Banaras Engineering College (BENCO). The University has also pioneered engineering education by being the first in the country to start degree courses in Mining, Metallurgy, Ceramic Engineering and Pharmaceutics with the establishment of the College of Mining and Metallurgy and the College of Technology in the years 1923 and 1932 respectively, to meet the then requirements of the going to be Independent India. In 1969 these three colleges were amalgamated to form the Institute of Technology.
- The Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University (IT-BHU), was converted into the Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University), Varanasi by the Government of India, New Delhi on 29th June 2012.
- Now, IIT(BHU) is celebrating “100 years of Technical Education in India” on its completion of the century. Institute kick-started its centenary celebration during 9-11 February 2019 this year. A commemorative postal stamp was released by the honourable prime minister on this occasion. With its unique engineering programs and future-ready curriculum, the Institute gears up for another glorious journey towards “New India”
IIT BHU NIRF RATINGS
IIT BHU Establishment: 1919
IIT BHU Accreditations: UGC
IIT BHU Affiliated To Autonomous University
IIT BHU Eligibility & Admission: Graduation With 50%+ GATE
IIT BHU Fee Structure: Rs 1.56 Lakhs
IIT BHU Location: IIT-BHU, Banaras Hindu University Campus, Uttar Pradesh 221005
IIT BHU Placements: Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Flipkart, Nvidia, Apple, Oracle, Intel, Cisco, Dell, HP, HCL, IBM, Huawei, Samsung, Mastercard, Visa, American Express, airtel, Walmart, Coal India, ISRO, ITC, Unilever, Jindal Steel and power, Reliance, Aditya Birla, Honda, Bajaj, Bosch, Fidelity, Deloitte, EXL, Hitachi, HSBC, CitiBank, TATA motors, Barclays, Uber, Cohesity, OYO, Paypal, Paytm, McKinsey & Company, Morgan Stanley, Jaguar, ICICI bank, Maruti Suzuki, General Motors.
13.INSTITUTE OF CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY – [ICT], MUMBAI
- The Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), Mumbai is a unique Institute that was established on 1st October 1933 as a University Department of the Bombay University (UDCT), completing 87 years of glorious past.ICT has created its brand over the years which has been recognized by several prestigious awards and accolades to the faculty, students, and alumni individually and also as the institute.
- Under the World Bank’s Technical Education Quality Improvement Program (TEQIP), ICT was granted full autonomous status in 2004 and declared as Deemed-to-be University on September 12, 2008, by the MHRD under Section 3 of the UGC Act of 1956.
- It was bestowed an Elite Status and Centre of Excellence on par with IITs, IISc and IISERs in the State Assembly on April 20, 2012, by the Maharashtra Govt. based on its stellar performance on par with the institutes of national importance. the University Grants Commission declared Category I Deemed to be University status to ICT which has maintained high academic standards.
- ICT was ranked 12th amongst the Engineering Institutes of India and 15th amongst Universities of India. It is also placed at rank 4 amongst the Pharmacy Institutes. ICT is ranked 27th among all institutes and universities in India
ICT NIRF RATINGS
ICT Establishment: 1933
ICT Accreditations: UGC, NBA, MHRD, NAAC GRADE A++
ICT Affiliated To Deemed To Be University
ICT Eligibility & Admission: Graduation With 50%+ GATE
ICT Fee Structure: Rs 3 lakhs
ICT Location: Nathalal Parekh Marg, Matunga, Mumbai – 400019, India
ICT Placements: Abhay Proteins Pvt Ltd, Ajanta Pharma Ltd, Apollo Plastic Industries, Approcopp Engineering Pvt Ltd, Au Valves Pvt Ltd, Bengal Surgicals Ltd Kalyani, Bhakti Solvent Extractions Pvt Ltd, Century Rayon Ltd, Concept Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, Divya Srj Foods LLP, Envirocare Lab Pvt Ltd, Exotic Fruits Pvt Ltd, Garware Polyesters Ltd, Gauri Agro Tech Industries Pvt Ltd, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Godrej Industries Ltd, Haffkine Bio-Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Hpcl Ltd, Kalash Seeds Pvt Ltd, Mahalaxmi Cotspin Ltd, Mehta Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, Metarolls Steels Group, Metalman Industries Pvt Ltd, Monk Foods.
14.INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY – [IITI], INDORE
- Having its foundation laid on 17 February 2009, IIT Indore is fully functioning from its permanent campus at Simrol since December 2015 conducting all its teaching, research and outreach activities. All students of the BTech program have been shifted to a state-of-art hostel building in its permanent campus in December 2016. The institute operated from the rented premises at the Institute of Technology (IET) of Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya (DAVV) Indore from July 2009 to September 2015 and at Pithampur Auto Cluster Ltd (PACL) premises from May 2011 to December 2015.
- IIT Indore was mentored by IIT Bombay till its founding Director Prof. Pradeep Mathur took charge on January 1, 2010. From the Academic Year 2010-11 onwards, it developed its curriculum for its different UG and PG programs. IIT Indore aims to play an active role in the task of propelling India on its growth-trajectory by focusing on very high-quality education, research, development, consultancy, and manpower training.
- In the India Ranking-2019 released by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2019 of MHRD, IIT Indore has been ranked 13th amongst all engineering institutions. Institute has also the distinction of being graded very impressive 5th rank in the Teaching, Learning and Resources parameters in this category consecutively for the year 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 among new IITs in research quality.
- As per Times Higher Education World University Rankings, the Indian Institute of Technology Indore (IIT Indore) becomes India’s second highest-ranked university and secure position in 351 -400 bands and IIT Indore maintains its position in the top 50 as per Times Higher Education Asian University Rankings 2019.
IITI NIRF RATINGS
IITI Establishment: 2009
IITI Accreditations: AICTE
IITI Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITI Eligibility & Admission: Graduation With 50%+ GATE
IITI Fee Structure: Rs 2.10 lakhs
IITI Location: Indian Institute of Technology Indore Simrol, Khandwa Road Pin code 453 552, Indore (MP) India
IITI Placements: Google, Amazon, Microsoft, DE-Shaw, IBM India, Samsung R&D India, CISCO, Bosch, GE India, Barclays, Deloitte, TCS, TCE, Infosys, CMC Ltd., Impetus, CSC Ltd., Finisar Malaysia, Altair India, Qualcomn, Morgan Stanley, CA Technologies, Snapdeal, Flipkart, Axtria, Mu Sigma, Mahindra, Nucleus, National Instrument, L&T, BPCL, HPCL, IOCL, DRDO, Eicher-Volvo Commercial Vehicles Pvt. Ltd., AVTEC Pvt. Ltd., TATA Motors, Endurance Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Honda, Epic, FICO, Blue Star, Reliance, Samsung Solutions, Trident Group, UnitedHealth Group Ltd., Uniken India Pvt. Ltd., Virtusa, Coal India, HCL Technologies, L&T, Practo, Book My Show, Future First, Codenation, Goldman Sachs, Arecesium, Directi, Salesforce, Razorpay, Go-Jek, ISRO, Intel, TESCO, Innovaccer, Oracle, Mathworks, MAQ Software, Cognizant, Evalueserve, Bharat Forge, Reliance Jio, Bharat Seats, Maruti Suzuki, Wipro, Mentor Graphics, Analog Devices, UpGrad, L&T Infotech, Capgemini.
15. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY – [IITDN], DHANBAD
- Standing tall since the early decades of the 20th century, the institute is steadily sailing through the millennium change and has emerged into one of the most prominent institutions- Indian Institute of Technology IIT(ISM) with full bloom functioning of 18 branches of Engineering, Applied Sciences, Management Studies and Humanities. IIT (ISM) has centenary long credentials of outperforming achievements/ contributions in academia and the industry.
- The Indian National Congress at its XVII Session of December 1901 passed a resolution stating that “because the tendency of recent legislation namely, The Indian Mines Act VII of 1901, is that all Indian mines must be kept under the supervision of mining experts, the Congress is of opinion that a Government College of Mining Engineering is established in some suitable place in India on the models of the Royal School of Mines in England, Mining Colleges of Japan and at other places in the continent”. The McPherson Committee formed by Govt. of India, recommended the establishment of an institution for imparting education in the fields of Mining and Geology, whose report, submitted in 1920, formed the main basis for the establishment of the Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad.
- The Indian School of Mines was formally opened on 9th December 1926, by Lord Irwin, the then Viceroy of India to address the need for trained manpower related to mining activities in the country with disciplines of Mining and Applied Geology. In 1967 it was granted the status of a deemed to be university under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956. Since its establishment, IIT(ISM) has undergone considerable expansion of its activities, and presently it can be considered as a total technology education institute.
- Situated in the heart of the country’s prime coking coal belt, 260 km from Kolkata with a campus spread over an area of 393 acres, (with 218 acres of existing campus and 175 acres under acquisition and development) the fully residential IIT(ISM) has all the facilities of world-class academic institute. What started as an institution to impart mining education has graduated into a full-fledged technical institution of international acclaim offering a host of programmes like B. Tech., M. Tech., M. Sc. Tech., and MBA.
- IIT (ISM) is striving relentlessly to become and remain a nationally and internationally acclaimed premier institution of higher technical and scientific education with social commitment having an ethos for intellectual excellence, where initiative is nurtured, where new ideas, research and scholarship flourish, where intellectual honesty is the norm and from which will emerge the leaders and innovators of tomorrow in the realm of technology. While catalyzing a developing society, its goal as one of the premier technical education institution in the country would be to intimately involve itself not just in the technological development of the Nation but indeed in its overall development
IITDN NIRF RATINGS
IITDN Establishment: 1997
IITDN Accreditations: AICTE
IITDN Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITDN Eligibility & Admission: Graduation With 50%+ GATE
IITDN Fee Structure: Rs 2.25 lakhs
IITDN Location: Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad 826004, Jharkhand, India
IITDN Placements: Aakash Institute, CRISIL, ISRO, Presidency University,Synopsys, Aarti Industries, Cubastion Consulting, J P Morgan, Prism, Johnson Tredence Analytics, Accenture, CVRS, JSPL, Profisor, Tata, Hitachi, Adani Enterprises, Dassault Systemes, JSW Steel, PSIT, Tata Metaliks, Aditya Birla, Deutsche Bank, K12 Technologies, PwC, Tata Motors, Adobe, DOTT Services, KCCL, Quantiphi, Tata Power, Amazon, Droom Technology, KEC International Limited, Rao IIT Edusolutions, Tata Steel, Ambuja Cements, E&Y, KPIT, RBL, Tega Industries, Amdocs, Elegant Marine, KPMG, Reliance, Terex Arista Networks, Extra Marks, L&T Construction, Reliance JIO, Thermo Fisher, Scientific Arcesium, ExxonMobil, Larsen & Toubro, RIA Advisory, Thriveni Earthmovers, Axxela Advisory, Federal Bank,MAQ Software, Salesforce, Treebo Hotels, Barclays, Flipkart, Maruti, SRI – Bangalore, VECV, BeeHyv, FMC Corporation, Microsoft, Sandvine, Vedanta (BALCO), Bhushan Steel Limited, Future Group, My Gate, Sasken Vedanta- HZL, Box8, Futures First, Merilytics, Schindler, Veritas Technologies, BuyHatke, Global Data, NeoEpo. Inc., Schlumberger, Vidyamandir Classes, Cairn India, Goldman Sach, Normet Seekers Education, Vignan University, Capgemini, Halliburton, Novopay, Siemens, Virtusa Corporation, CGI, Headout, ONGC, SMS Limited, Walmart, Chaitanya’s Academy, IMC Oorja, On Move, SRI – Noida, Weir Minerals, Coal India Limited, Infosys, OYO, Swiggy, Wipro, Cipher Group, IOCL, Paytm, Syngenta, Biosciences Wirtgen.
These are the basic details for a student to know about a Top Fifteen M Tech colleges in India and if you find the article please do share the article with your friends and family and bookmark Graduatesengine.com for further education-related articles.