Top Five Engineering Colleges in Tirupati-2021
(Based on Rankings & Ratings)
Engineering is one of the top leading courses in India and demand for it increasing exponentially in India. Advancement in technologies indeed increasing the demand for new engineer’s day by day in every sector of engineering. developments and innovations in engineering are reducing the stress on mankind and increasing the productivities of companies and meeting the demands of both suppliers and consumers in time this is happening because of the encouragement of new engineering talents in every field. Tirupati is one of the top city of Andhra Pradesh has many engineering colleges but among them few are top and the best engineering colleges to join.
Many students want to join the top and best engineering colleges and universities in Tirupati after completing their intermediate or +2 and have so many questions regarding the course but don’t know where to find the right answer to their questions. Here this article helps the students and answers all the questions that are arising in every student’s mind like taking engineering in the present scenario is the right decision? Which branch to choose in engineering? Which college is best and top in placements, what are the job opportunities I get after completing engineering? Is doing engineering in Tirupati will helpful for my career? And the list of questions grows on…
The demand for new engineers in the development of technologies can only full filled by engineering courses so it’s the right decision for you to join in engineering. Now coming to which branch to choose depends on individual knowledge on math’s, physics, chemistry every branch deals with its subject on second year onwards so it’s your interest to choose which branch. While engineering is not all about studies it also requires group management, personality development, building teamwork, solving problems. Tirupati has one of the best and top engineering colleges. Now the main question comes, what are the top and best colleges to join in Tirupati to join, to reduce the confusion this blog has compelled the top five Engineering colleges in Tirupati and added some parameters like Accreditations, placements, year of establishment…
1. SRI VENKATESWARA UNIVERSITY‐(SVU)‐ TIRUPATI
- Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, is established in 1954 in the world-famous holy temple town of Tirupati on the sprawling campus of 1000 acres with a panoramic and pleasant hill view. The University stands as a testimony to the wisdom and foresight of great visionaries Late Sri Tanguturi Prakasam Pantulu, the then Chief Minister of Andhra and Late Sri Neelam Sanjiva Reddy, to cater to the educational needs and aspirations of the people of Rayalaseema area. With great wisdom, the founder of this University has rightly coined the motto Wisdom lies in proper perspective for it.
- The University has grown excellently from strength to strength over the past 60 years, as a premier institute of higher learning under the able and committed leaderships of successive Vice-Chancellors starting from Prof. S. Govindarajulu to the present Vice-Chancellor Prof. Avula Damodaram. It has gone through greater strides in the transformation of the University with acquiring necessary and modern sophisticated instrumentation to catch up with the world competition in academic and research programmes. Right from its inception, the University has been laying more emphasis on teaching, research and extension activities in different subjects.
- The range of subject departments, courses and research programmes are undertaken and promoted during the last 60 years reflect Sri Venkateswara University’s commitment to promoting socially relevant and inter-disciplinary programmes. The University was started with six departments of Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, Economics and Philosophy. The University has 4 constituent colleges concerning various conventional and advanced subjects, in order to provide good academic and smooth administrative service to one and all.
- The University has 54 departments, wherein 72 different PG Courses and several Diploma and Certificate courses are being run with a total academic faculty strength of around 400 and 1500 non-teaching and a student strength of 5000, including research scholars. newly emerging PG courses have also been introduced during this academic year. The University has been moving forwards in achieving academic excellence with a strong commitment and dedicated approach, by clearly setting up a vision of its own. The initiatives taken by the Vice-Chancellor have already started yielding excellent results, in terms of research funding, extension activities keeping the University on the path of excellence.
SVU Code: SVU
SVU Established: 1954
SVU Accreditations: UGC,NAAC GRADE A
SVU Location: Register, SRI VENKATESWARA UNIVERSITY, Tirupati‐517502, Andhra Pradesh
SVU Affiliated To State University (Government)
SVU Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
SVU Eligibility : 10+2 with 45%+AP EAMCET
SVU Cut Off: candidates securing qualified marks in APEAMCET with an intermediate 45% will be eligible.
SVU Placements: TCS, Wipro, cognizant, HCL, BEL, Mphasis list goes on following companies visited for the
2. SREE VIDYANIKETHAN ENGINEERING COLLEGE[SVEC], TIRUPATI
- Sree Vidyanikethan Engineering College was established in 1996 with an initial intake of 180 students to serve the cause of technical education in the backward region of Rayalaseema. The intake has increased exponentially to 2112 in 2017-18. The College now offers 8 B.Tech programs; 8 M.Tech programs; MCA Program; and 3 Doctoral Programs.
- AICTE has also accorded permission for 2nd Shift Polytechnic from the academic year 2009-10 and presently 5 Diploma courses are being offered. Today, Sree Vidyanikethan Engineering College is one of the largest, most admired and sought Institutions in Andhra Pradesh. The College is located in a sprawling campus of about 30 acres, amidst sylvan surroundings with aesthetically built infrastructure. The College is approved by AICTE and affiliated with JNTU Ananthapuramu. The College has been accorded Autonomous Status by the UGC, New Delhi in 2010-11 which was extended for six years (from 2016-17 to 2021-22).
- The College is known for its quality initiatives which are amply reflected in accreditations by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for UG & PG programmes, National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with ‘A’ Grade and many multinational organizations such as TCS, WIPRO & IBM. The College is successfully implementing TEQIP-II under Sub-component 1.1: Strengthening Institutions to improve Learning Outcomes and Employability of Graduates, funded by the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India.
- The College has been accorded “UGC-Colleges with Potential for Excellence” status under CPE Scheme by UGC, New Delhi. It also has been accorded ‘PLATINUM’ category by CII-AICTE Survey; and was conferred with ‘A’ Grade by the Department of Higher Education, Andhra Pradesh. The college participated in National Institution Ranking Frame Work (NIRF), 2017 and stood within the Rank Bank: 151-200. SIEMENS established 6 State-of-the-art t-SDI laboratories. The Vision and Mission of Sree Vidyanikethan Engineering College enable the Management to develop the students holistically by providing them with all inputs to enhance their employability.
SVEC Code: SVEC
SVEC Established: 1996
SVEC Accreditations: AICTE,NBA,NAAC
SVEC Location: Sree Sainath Nagar, Tirupati‐517102
SVEC Affiliated to JNTU –ANANTAPUR, AUTONOMOUS
SVEC Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
SVEC Eligibility : 10+2 with 45%+AP EAMCET
SVEC Cut Off: candidates securing qualified marks in APEAMCET with an intermediate 45% will be eligible.
SVEC Placements: MNC companies like Wipro, Infosys, Cap Gemini, TCS, TechMahindra, GGK technologies, Microsoft on the following companies visited for the campus placements.
3. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY‐[IITP]‐TIRUPATI
- Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati is the first among the 3rd phase of IITs, announced in 2014, to have its foundation stone laid in March 2015. IIT Tirupati started functioning with the support of its mentoring institute, IIT Madras, from the academic year of 2015-16. The academic program was launched in August 2015 by admitting students in the B.Tech programme in the fields of Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. The research programmes namely, the MS and PhD programmes have started from the academic year 2017.
- Subsequently, the new B.Tech programme in Chemical Engineering started in August 2018. The M.Tech programs in Mechanical, Electrical, and Computer Science disciplines have also been launched from August 2018. The M.Sc programme in Mathematics was started in August 2019. The curriculum for various programmes has an emphasis on theoretical knowledge and practice-oriented laboratories. Courses are well planned to nurture innovation, creativity, quality, teamwork, communication skills, ethics, and societal interaction.
- Presently, IIT Tirupati is operating from the temporary campus on Tirupati – Renigunta Road and also the transit campus at Yerpedu. The Stage 1A Transit Campus (over 36 acres) is integrated into the Permanent Campus spanning over 548.3 acres provided by the Government of Andhra Pradesh in Merlapaka Village on Yerpedu-Venkatagiri Highway. This campus was inaugurated by Honourable Minister of Human Resource Development Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ on 13th August 2019. The Master Plan for the 12,000-student campus has been completed. It shall include four zones, namely, Academic Zone, Hostel Zone, Housing Zone, and Recreational Zone, along with a transit campus (that is integrated with the permanent campus).
- It is planned to build the permanent campus in phases. A complete campus to cater to 2,500 students, 250 faculty members and 275 staff members is planned to be built by 2024. The construction is to be taken up in two stages. In Stage 1, to be completed by 2021, buildings and facilities to cater to 1,250 students and 120 faculty members are to be completed, and all operations are to be moved to the permanent campus. Subsequently, the campus shall be developed in various phases growing over 25-30 years to cater to a 12,000-student campus. Currently, the campus has air-conditioned classrooms of various capacities such as 40, 60, 90 and 120 seater classrooms to conduct classes.
IITP Code: IITP
IITP Established: 2015
IITP Accreditations: AICTE,UGC,NAAC
IITP Location: Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati (Transit Campus)Yerpedu – Venkatagiri Road, Yerpedu Post, Chittoor District, Andhra Pradesh ‐ 517619
IITP Affiliated to AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSITY
IITP Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
IITP Eligibility: 10+2 with 75%+JEE ADVANCED
IITP Cut Off: candidates securing qualified marks in APEAMCET with an intermediate 45% will be eligible.
IITP Placements: Flipkart, Amazon, IISc, Goldman, Sachs, EXL, Intel, Quantiphi, JP Morgan, Qualcomm, Oyo, Zen3, Ashok Leyland, Genpact, Eaton, Barclays, ZS Associates these are some of the companies that participated in campus placements.
4.SRI VENKATESWARA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING [SVCE], TIRUPATI
- SV Colleges, we empower our students to achieve professional and personal success by providing a comprehensive and supportive educational experience, fostering critical thinking and encouraging lifelong learning.
- Our career-focused programs and services provide the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful in the fast-paced world. Irrespective of the course, we make sure that our students get the real-world learning experience that helps in achieving their future goals.
- SV Colleges is a community where – care, support and mutual respect flourishes. Our students are our first priority. We welcome you to join us and become yet another SV Colleges’ success story.
- Council for Social Development (the umbrella organization of SV Colleges) was founded in 1981 based on the firm belief that education, especially higher education, provides a critical pathway to leadership development, economic progress, and social and political equality.
SVCE Code: SVCE
SVCE Established: 2007
SVCE Accreditations: AICTE, NAAC A GRADE
SVCE Location: Karakambadi Rd, Mangalam, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh‐ 517502
SVCE Affiliated to JNTU –ANANTAPUR
SVCE Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
SVCE Eligibility: 10+2 with 45%+AP EAMCET
SVCE Cut Off: candidates securing qualified marks in APEAMCET with an intermediate 45% will be eligible.
SVCE Placements: TCS, Hewlett-Packard(HP), TechMahindra, Cognizant, Wipro, Fony Technologies Pvt Ltd, Razorthink, NTTA Data, INFOSYS, Reliance, CSS Corp Religare Amare Raja Batteries Ltd, VSNL (TATA COMMUNICATIONS), KEANE INDIA LTD(NTT DATA), S&P CAPITAL IQ, MU sigma following companies visited from 2015 to 2018 for campus recruitment.
5. ANNAMACHARYA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND SCIENCES [AITS], TIRUPATI
- Annamacharya Institute of Technology & Sciences, Tirupati (AITS-T) was established in the year 2007, with a belief that education can influence and mold young minds. Within a decade, AITS, Tirupati received the prestigious stature of an institution with quality education.
- It is a sprawling campus of more than 45 acres of land. Attributing to the historical importance, Annamacharya, the beloved disciple of Lord Venkateswara who always cherishes to find his berth at his lotus feet. Symbolically, the institute has been christened by the name of Annamacharya and is established at the foot of Seven Hills the abode of Lord Venkateswara.
- It is managed by Annamacharya Educational Trust, a group of professionals for whom education is a passion. With an experience of over 20 years in the field of Engineering, Management, Education and Pharmacy, the Trust runs many colleges across Telangana and Andhra Pradesh states.
- Being a part of the Annamacharya Group of Institutions, the institute is committed to imparting engineering skills to the students and provide a window for them to explore the opportunities to achieve their goals. Annamacharya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Tirupati endeavors to be the leading center providing world-class education while incorporating innovative teaching methods for engineering and research.
AITS Established: 2007
AITS Accreditations: AICTE, UGC, NBA, NAAC A GRADE
AITS Location: Venkatapuram (Village), Renigunta(Mandal), Tirupati, Chittoor District, Andhra Pradesh – 517520.
AITS Affiliated to JNTU –ANANTAPUR
AITS Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
AITS Eligibility: 10+2 with 45%+AP EAMCET
AITS Cut Off: candidates securing qualified marks in APEAMCET with an intermediate 45% will be eligible.
AITS Placements: TCS, TECH MAHINDRA, COGNIZANT, WIPRO these are some of the companies visited for campus recruitment.
Engineering is the top leading course has a wide variety of opportunities for new engineering graduates, hard work, team building, innovation, the individual-thought process gives the wings to new development in engineering technologies .check the list of above mentioned top five engineering colleges in Tirupati and its college details.