Top Five MBA/PGDM Colleges In Chennai-2021 (Based on Rankings & Ratings)
Business administration courses like MBA/PGDM are always top and leading courses in India, this course teaches the best abilities and skills required for any graduate who wants to pursue a top-level management course. Top-level courses are nothing but either MBA or PGDM in which PGDM means Post Graduation Diploma in Management. In India, PGDM is quite similar to MBA Degree, the only difference is that the MBA is considered to be as Degree as it is affiliated to either a state university or centre university which functions under the UGC, while PGDM is offered by individual university or management colleges as a special course with own set of rules and regulations which functions under “All India Council for Technical Education”(AICTE) and must have “AIU”(Association of Indian universities) accreditation.PGDM is best suitable for working Employees as it saves time and removes the hurdle in obtaining a diploma. While an MBA is a full-time degree with a more theoretical approach. In Chennai, Tamilnadu many best business schools have established their campuses in the city, as it is one of the top metropolitan cities in India.
PGDM Course will help the employees who are currently working in top-level management to enhance their professional position in a company. In a traditional MBA, teaching will be more onboard and books . while coming to PGDM, teaching will be both technical and practical. In Chennai, almost all B-schools provides MBA/PGDM with some of the top and best specializations available for Graduates to join in MBA/PGDM are
- Hospitality Management
- Information Technology
- Banking and Finance Management
- Sales and Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Supply Chain Management
- Human Resource Management
Eligibility for MBA/PGDM varies from institute to institute. To join MBA/PGDM courses in university, B-schools, management colleges, graduates have to qualify in exams like TANCET, CAT, XAT, SNAP, MAT as per the institute requirement and secure the necessary marks or percentage to get admission in the college. Fee’s in PGDM is quite high when compared to MBA as it is one of the top and Best specialized Management courses. Job opportunities in Chennai are quite high as top Multinational companies run their day to day operations from the city.
To get insights on which college is top in MBA/PGDM and which is best to join in Chennai, this article will help in guiding you to choose, it covers the basic parameters like its establishment, eligibility, fee structure, campus placements. Below is the list of top five MBA/PGDM colleges in Chennai
- The Institute was formally inaugurated in 1959 by Prof. Humayun Kabir, Union Minister for Scientific Research and Cultural Affairs.
- The campus is located in a beautiful wooded land of about 250 hectares.
- The Heritage Centre was formally inaugurated by Dr Arcot Ramachandran, former Director IIT Madras on 3rd March 2006.
- An ISO 9001 Certified college.
IITM Establishment: 2004
IITM Accreditations: AICTE
IITM Affiliated To IIT-Madras
IITM Eligibility & Admission:Graduation with 60%+CAT
IITM Courses: MBA/PGDM-F/PGDM-M/PGDM-HR
IITM Cut off: Candidates securing qualify marks in CAT with Graduation will be eligible.
IITM Fee Structure: Rs-4.10 Lakh
IITM Location: Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras Campus, Sardar Patel Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu – 600036.
IITM Placements: AG facilities and contracting, McKinsey and Company, EMCO, Cisco, Dell, Cargill, Tiger Analytics, Amazon, ICICI Bank, General electronics, IBM, BNY Mellon, Bridge i2i, Chalo, RBS, FSS powering payments, Exterro, o9 solutions, Carwale, butterfly, HCL.
- 4th BY OUTLOOK INDIA TOP STANDALONE INSTITUTION.
- 9th BY BUSINESS WORLD ONE YEAR PROGRAMS.
- 9th BY BUSINESS INDIA TOP B-SCHOOLS.
- 23rd BY NIRF TOP INDIAN B-SCHOOLS.
- 1st in Analytics B-Schools.
GLIM Establishment: 2004
GLIM Accreditations: AICTE
GLIM Affiliated To: Private University
GLIM Eligibility & Admission: Graduation with 60%+CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT
GLIM Courses: MBA/PGDM-F/PGDM-M/PGDM-HR
GLIM Cut off: Candidates securing qualify marks in CAT with Graduation will be eligible.
GLIM Fee Structure: Rs-11.91 Lakh
GLIM Location: Great Lakes Institute Of Management, Dr Bala V. Balachandar Campus, East Coast Road, Manama Village ThirukazhukundramTaluk, Chengalpattu District. Tamil Nadu – 603102.
GLIM Placements: Ab InBev, Accenture (Strategy & Technology), Aditya Birla Sun Life, Amazon, Airtel, Barclays, Capgemini, CIPLA, Cognizant, Dell, Deloitte, Dunia Finance, EY, Eclerx, Flipkart, Fractal Analytics, Ford, Frost & Sullivan, FSS, Grant Thorton, HCL, HDFC, HeroMoto MotoCOrp, HP, HSBC, Infosys, ITC, JP Morgan Chase, L&T Infotech, L&T Hydrocarbon, Latent View Analytics, Lotte India, McKinsey & Company, Mindtree, MuSigma, Nestle, Nippon, Novartis, OLA, Royal Enfield, Shopclues, Societe Generale, Spi Global, Standard Chartered Global Business Services, Swiggy, TAFE, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Tiger Analytics, Virtusa, Wipro, World Bank, Yes Bank.
- LIBA is managed by Jesuits of the Loyola College Society well-known for their outstanding contribution to higher education.
- LIBA concentrates on the holistic formation of students in all aspects viz intellectual, social, emotional, and spiritual.
- College is accredited with SAQS.
- Member of AACSB-Business Education Alliance.
LIBA Establishment: 1979
LIBA Accreditations: AICTE, NBA
LIBA Affiliated To University of Madras, Chennai
LIBA Eligibility & Admission: Graduation with 60%+CAT
LIBA Courses: MBA/PGDM-F/PGDM-M/PGDM-HR
LIBA Cut Off: Candidates securing qualify marks in CAT with Graduation will be eligible.
LIBA Fee Structure: Rs-15.38 Lakh
LIBA Location:1, Sterling Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600 034, Tamil Nadu, India.
LIBA Placements: LatentView, LIBA, Go Speedy Go, Aspire Systems, Deloitte, IBM India Pvt Ltd, CRISIL Ltd, Cerebrus Consultants Pvt Ltd, Animaker, Ad2bro Global Creative Solutions Pvt Ltd, Amazon Kindle, Cholamandalam, CARE, CITI Bank, CITICorp, Crisil, Federal Bank, First Source, HSBC, ICICI Bank Ltd, ICRA, Temenos, Ujjivan, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Shriram Transport Finance Co Ltd, JP Morgan service India Pvt Ltd, HSBC EDP India Pvt Ltd, IndusInd Bank Ltd, Muthoot Fincorp Ltd, Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd, Yes Bank Ltd, Credit Mantri Finserv Private Ltd, HDFC Bank Ltd, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Hexaware, Infosys, ACIS, Mindtree, Thoughtworks, Wipro Ltd, Nuance Transcription Services India Pvt Ltd, Intech India Pvt Ltd, Photon Interactive Pvt Ltd, Freshworks technology Pvt Ltd, Proadapt Solutions Pvt Ltd, GATI Ltd, CBRE, JLL, Savills, Murugappa, Philips, Schneider, Vedanta Ltd, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, ITC Ltd, Tata Motors Ltd, FLSmidth India, Va Tech Wabag Ltd, Dell International Services India Pvt ltd, Wheels India Ltd, Rane, NSK Steering Systems Pvt Ltd, Waycool, Walmart India Ltd, Asian Paints, Unilever, Nestle India, Indegene Pvt Ltd, Tattva Holdings Pvt Ltd.
- Anna University was established on 4th September 1978 as a unitary type of University. This University was named after Late Dr.C.N.Annadurai, former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
- It offers higher education in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, and Applied Sciences relevant to the current and projected needs of the society.
- In 2001, Anna University was converted to an affiliating type University by bringing together all the Engineering colleges in the State of Tamil Nadu and was again reconverted to the unitary type in 2010.
- In World University Ranking Anna University is ranked 201 as per QS (Quacquarelli Symonds) in the Faculty of Engineering and Chemical during the year 2017-2018. Anna University is ranked between 151 and 200 at the global level and 7 at the national level.
AU Establishment: 1978
AU Accreditations: AICTE
AU Affiliated To Anna University-Chennai
AU Eligibility & Admission:Graduation with 60%+TANCET
AU Courses: MBA/PGDM-F/PGDM-M/PGDM-HR
AU Cut Off: Candidates securing qualify marks in TANCET with Graduation will be eligible.
AU Fee Structure: Rs-25,000
AU Location: Department of Management Studies, College of Engineering, Guindy, Chennai – 600 025.
AU Placements: HDFC Bank, CSC, Cognizant, Radisson, Blu hotels and resorts, GREedge.com, IDBIBank, ICICI Securities, Delta, Ramco, Heritage, Syntel, TCS.
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development(MHRD), Department of Higher Education, Government of India, has placed SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University) in highest Category ‘A’.
- Ranked 32nd Under University Category by NIRF in 2019.
- SRMIST has been accredited by NAAC with the Highest ‘A++’ Grade in the year 2018, valid for the next 5 years.
- The week magazine has ranked SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University) as No: 2 among the private Universities.
SRM Establishment: 1981
SRM Accreditations: AICTE
SRM Affiliated To Private University
SRM Eligibility & Admission:Graduation with 60%+SRM Entrance
SRM Courses: MBA/PGDM-F/PGDM-M/PGDM-HR
SRM Cut Off: Candidates securing qualify marks in SRM Entrance with Graduation will be eligible.
SRM Fee Structure: Rs-3.75 Lakh
SRM Location: Bharathi Salai, Ramapuram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600089
SRM Placements: Photon,Prestige, PureChemicals, Ramco, Rbs, Ttk, Real-Image, Redinton, Reliance Retail, Religare, TataGroup, Tafe, Syrma, Syntel, Sutherland, Sbi, SrmTechnologies, Spr, Siemens, SonataSoftware, Sopra Steria, Sony, Sify, Siemens, Shell, SchneiderElectric, Satven, Sap, Samsung, Saint-gobain, Sahaj, RoyalEnfield, TeachForIndia, Techaspect ,D-TechData, Tech Mahindra, Temenos, TekSystems, Thoughtworks, Tips, Transys, TorryHarris, Vedanta, Vertzon, Vernals, Vestas, Veda, VirtusaPolaris, Vimana, Visuali, Vkc, Vodafone, Volante, Voonik.Com, Wabag, Whirlpool, Wipro, Wockhardt, Ybio, YesBank, Zepo, Zifo, Zoho, ZouseRentals, Net Connect, Lucus , Tvs, Aakash, Abb, Accenture, Access Healthcare, Accolite, Acciva, Adroitec, Aditya Birla Group, Afcons, Agshealth, Align, Alcatel, Amdocs, Amtex, Amadeus, AmaraRaja, Amazon.Com, Anand, AngloEastern, Apollo, Aricent, Aspire Systems, AxisBank, BajajFinserv, BankOfAmerica, Bata, Berger, Bosch, CapGemini, CapitalFirst, Canon, Cavinkare , Cisco, Cognizant among top recruiters.
So, the above-mentioned colleges are the best MBA/PGDM colleges in Chennai and have every facility provided by the top colleges. So do check this article again and bookmark this in your laptop/mobile/desktop and share the knowledge with others before joining in the Business administration stream.