Top Thirty Engineering Colleges in India
Engineering is a leading, demanding and challenging profession, providing the opportunity to make an enormous variation to individuals and the world. The purpose of an engineer is to undertake some of the world’s most prominent problems and design new technological advancements that can enhance the way we live. The improvements in medicinal technology by engineers as well as the invention of devices helped to save lives and change the condition of lives. New advancements are being built by engineers continually, The impact of engineers in the present world can be visible. Devices like early warning systems which help in warning against coming hazards, weather forecasting, cyclones, and fire alarms have saved many of us from many disasters. Engineering is one of the best and the top course is taken by most of the students after intermediate or plus two.
Why is engineering so popular in India?
Engineering is a top and popular course in India. Every year in India nearly 10.5 million students join engineering on an average and the pass outs of engineers account 25% globally. There are thousands of engineering colleges in India which are regulated by AICTE, UGC, MHRD under the Government of India. Each state has its board and state university to control all the state engineering colleges. Entrance exams like JEE Advanced, JEE mains which are national exams conducted by IIT every for intermediate students and seat allocation and ranking all under it. When coming to state entrance exams it is all controlled by the education department of the state in which the state university conducts the entrance exam, seat allocation. The educational policies in India made engineering education accessible to every student in the country who aspire to become an engineer even from rural areas.
Is engineering jobs high in demand?
India has the world’s finest and top-class engineering colleges like Indian institute of technology universities which are located throughout India. Many private universities are also listed in top rankings in international surveys. India has a global position in terms of education. Many Best and top international companies visit for campus placements and select the candidates by paying crores of packages. Demand for engineers is quite high in India and around the world. As new technologies discover demand for engineers also increases both in India and for other countries.
Every year regulating bodies inspect the qualities of engineering colleges to ensure that best is given to the graduates and train them to be needed and industry-specific. New courses are introduced according to the new technologies and updating the courses according to them. As India has many engineering colleges out of which some top colleges have secured a top ranking in NIRF ratings which is released by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). This article contains the list of top thirty engineering colleges in India.
- The Institute was formally inaugurated in 1959 by Prof. Humayun Kabir, Union Minister for Scientific Research and Cultural Affairs. The campus is located in a beautiful wooded land of about 250 hectares.
- The Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) is among the finest, globally reputed higher technological institutions that are sensitive and constructively responsive to student expectations and national needs. IITM was founded in 1959 as an ‘Institute of National Importance’ by the Government of India with technical and financial assistance from the Federal Republic of West Germany. IITM celebrated its Golden Jubilee in the year 2008-09.
- During these 50+ years, IIT Madras has gained a reputation for the quality of its faculty and the outstanding calibre of the students in the undergraduate, postgraduate and research programmes. IITM is recognized as a centre of academic and research excellence offering engineering, science, management and humanities education on par with the best in the world. IITM is ranked as the #1 Technical Institutions in India in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by National Institutional Ranking Framework
- The Heritage Centre was formally inaugurated by Dr Arcot Ramachandran, former Director IIT Madras on 3rd March 2006. An ISO 9001 Certified college.
IITM Accreditations: AICTE, UGC
IITM Affiliated To: Central University
IITM Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with 75% +JEE Main
IITM Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
IITM Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
IITM Fee Structure: Rs-75,000(approx.)
IITM Location: Indian Institute of Technology Madras, IIT P.O., Chennai 600 036, Tamil Nadu, India.
IITM Placements: Google, Samsung, TATA, General Electric, Bain and Company, IBM, J.P Morgan, BCG, Cisco, Microsoft, Auctus Advisors, Intel, Qualcomm, Apple, Star, American Express, Rolls Royce, Shell, Mercedes-Benz, ITC limited, HSBC, Dalberg, Roland Berger, DE Shaw & co, P&G, Goldman Sachs, Citi Bank, EY, Flipkart, EXL Analytics, Mahindra & Mahindra, HCL Technologies, CSS Corp, Rivigo Services, Myntra, Oracle India.
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi is one of the 23 IITs created to be Centres of Excellence for training, research, and development in science, engineering, and technology in India.
- Established as College of Engineering in 1961, the Institute was later declared as an Institution of National Importance under the “Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 1963” and was renamed as “Indian Institute of Technology Delhi”. It was then accorded the status of a Deemed University with powers to decide its academic policy, to conduct its examinations, and to award its degrees
- Centre of excellence on smart technology-enabled manufacturing
- Desmi centre of excellence on waste to wealth
- Industry consortium on artificial intelligence
IITD Establishment: 1961
IITD Accreditations: MHRD, UGC
IITD Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITD Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with 75% + JEE Advanced
IITD Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
IITD Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
IITD Fee Structure: Rs-2.25 Lakh
IITD Location: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi Hauz Khas, New Delhi, Delhi 110016.
IITD Placements: Mastercard, Uber, Microsoft, Societe Generale, Denso, Japan, TSMC, Taiwan, HCL, Flipkart, C-Dot, EXL, IBM, Qualcomm among top recruiters.
- Established in 1958, IIT Bombay has a total of 14 Academic Departments, 10 Centres, two Schools, and three Interdisciplinary Programmes. It is recognized worldwide as a leader in the field of engineering education and research.
- Nine Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar awardees, 31 INAE (Indian National Academy of Engineering) awardees, two INAE Young Engineer award, 17 INSA (Indian National Science Academy) awardees, one Young Scientist award, 21 NAS (National Academy of Sciences) awardees, 19 IAS (Indian Academy of Sciences) awardees, and seven Swarnajayanti fellows are currently or have previously been affiliated with the institute.
- IITB was an early adopter of the concept of business incubation in India. In 1999, an entrepreneurship cell was set up. Encouraged by the success of this initial experiment, a full-fledged technology business incubator, Society for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (SINE) was set up in 2004. It was set up to guide and encourage both students and faculty by facilitating the conversion of research activity into entrepreneurial ventures.
- Rank In Quacquarelli Symonds (Qs)-world University Rankings, Atal Ranking Of Institutions On Innovation Achievements 2019.
IITM Establishment: 1958
IITM Accreditations: AICTE, UGC
IITM Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITM Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with 75% + JEE
IITM Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
IITM Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
IITM Fee Structure: Rs-1.24 Lakhs
IITM Location: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay Powai, Mumbai – 400076, INDIA.
IITM Placements: ISRO, Honeywell, Boeing, Gulfstream, Airbus, Hyundai Mobis, Vedanta, Schlumberger, Hindustan Petroleum, Ongc, Cairn, Citius Tech, Sysmex, Strand, Indigene, Micron, L&T, Tata, Ramboll, Piramal, Dr.Reddy’s, ITC, Hul, Sekisui, Rb, Exl, Anz, Ey, Accenture, Citi Bank, Google, Apple, Rubrik, IBM, Microsoft, Tower Research Capital, Uber, Texas Instruments, Samsung, Qualcomm, Sony, NEC, Honda, Bloomenergy, Mahindra, Gse, Suzlon, Murata, Analog Devices, Tsmc, Byju’s, Rakuten, Reliance, Exxon Mobil, P&G, Dhl, Jsw, Shell, Loreal Paris, Bajaj, Ge, Jaguar, Daikin, Tata Steel, Hitachi, Havells, Benz.
- IIT Kanpur is reputed all over the world for its innovative academic programmes stressing science-based engineering education. Since its inception in 1960, the Institute has been engaged in carrying out original research of significance and technology development at the cutting edge. It offers students an exciting academic experience with opportunities to pursue interdisciplinary programmes and collaborative research within the Institute as well as through various exchange programmes with universities across the world. Besides, a vibrant array of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities provides students with a holistic educational experience preparing them for a wide range of professions after graduation.
- The time spent at IIT Kanpur makes a student grow from being a good learner into being a good thinker and a good researcher in his/her chosen field. Even undergraduate research at IIT Kanpur has won the Institute many laurels. Innovation is an integral part of teaching at IIT Kanpur. While the curriculum represents the Institute’s vision for a given programme, the teaching methods are a choice of the individual teachers and reflect their vision. Faculty has immense freedom to experiment in the teaching.
- IIT Kanpur offers a liberal undergraduate education, where knowledge of science and technology is part of a broader knowledge platform. A student has the choice of opting for more than 50% of courses outside of his/her chosen department. Of these, a student can opt for more than 25% of courses in the fields of management and humanities and social sciences.
- The students are, therefore, free to develop a wide knowledge base encompassing diverse disciplines. IIT Kanpur recognizes an undergraduate degree as the starting point of a student’s higher education and aspirations and encourages the student to explore his/her interests further so that he/she may make an informed choice about what to do next.
IITK Establishment: 1959
IITK Accreditations: UGC
IITK Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITK Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With 75%+JEE (Main)
IITK Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
IITK Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
IITK Fee Structure: Rs-1.39 lakhs
IITK Location: JEE Office, DOAA Building, IIT Kanpur, Kalyanpur, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208016, India
IITK Placements: 7 labs, Forte Research Systems, Persistent Systems Ltd, 3CLogic, Fortum India, Petrofac, 3DPLM Software, Four Ace Limited, Petron Civil Engineers, 3HD Media, FPT Industrial, Philips, 3M India, Fractal Analytics, Photon Interactive Pvt. Ltd., 9dot9 Media, Freescale Semiconductor India, Piaggio Vehicles Private Limited, Aarvee Associates, Fresh Mentor, P-mech Consultant Pvt. Ltd, ABB, Future First, Pocket Gems, ABG Shipyard, Fuzzy Logix, PolicyBazaar.com, AbsolutData Analytics, Galaxy Surfactants, Power Grid, Accenture, Galaxy Surfactants Limited, Pranveer Singh Institute of Technology, ACG Worldwide, Gallup Pratham Software, Aditya Birla Chemicals, Gateway Analytics Pvt Ltd, PRDC Infotech, Aditya Birla Group (Pulp & Fibre Business), GATI, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Adobe, General Electric, Prodintel Technology Pvt.Ltd., Adobe Systems, General Motors, Pubmatic Inc., Adoroi, Genpact, Qualcomm, Adroit, CAD Solutions, GEODATA, Quantum Phinance, Adroit Design Solutions, Geometric Global, Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies, Adstuck, GeoNaksha, Ramboll, Adstuck Consulting.
- The Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur was founded in 1951. A forerunner of the other IITs, and in many ways a role model for them, IIT Kharagpur has been producing scientists and technologists of the highest calibre who continue to provide leadership in education, research, industry, and management. Many of its alumni are illustrious men and women whose achievements command admiration and respect everywhere and evoke a just sense of pride in the IIT community.
- Situated 120 km west of Kolkata, Kharagpur can be reached in about two and a half hours by train from the Howrah railway station of Kolkata. Kharagpur is also connected by direct train service to other major cities of the country. The Institute is about 10 minute’s drive (5 km) from Kharagpur railway station. Located in a sylvan landscape, far from the heat and dust of the city, the campus provides a calm and serene environment for dedicated academic pursuits.
- IIT Kharagpur has two fully operational extension centres, one at Kolkata and the other at Bhubaneswar, besides the main campus at Kharagpur, which is the largest in the country. The Institute has completed construction of first-of-its-kind research and innovation park at Rajarhat. The Park will have facilities to house collaborative research laboratories of partner organisations, incubation units and other academic and research facilities, amenities and utility units. These will be connected with the main campus at Kharagpur to enable e-facilities for conduction of academic and research activities.
- IIT Kharagpur has been a prime mover in the modernization of technical education in independent India. Excellent research facilities and support in the frontier areas of science and technology are available at IIT Kharagpur, which includes some of the most advanced laboratories and the largest technical library in the country housing a state-of-the-art electronic library.
IITKH Establishment: 1951
IITKH Accreditations: AICTE, UGC
IITKH Affiliated To: Autonomous University
IITKH Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With 75%+JEE (Main)
IITKH Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
IITKH Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
IITKH Fee Structure: Rs-1.49 lakhs
IITKH Location: Kharagpur – 721302 West Bengal India.
IITKH Placements: Aakash Educational Services Ltd., Accenture Solutions Pvt Ltd, Aditya Imaging Information Technologies, Adobe Systems, Adrosonic It Consultancy Services Pvt Ltd, Affine Analytics, Airbus Group India Private Limited, Air Liquide Global, E&C Solutions, Altair Engineering, Amazon India, American Express, Appdynamics, Apple India Private Limited, Applied Materials, Aqr Capital Management, Arc Document Solutions India Pvt. Ltd., Arpwood Capital Pvt Ltd, Arthdesign Build India Pvt. Ltd., Auctus Advisors, Axis Bank, Axtria India Pvt. Ltd., Back To Village (B2v), Bajaj Auto Limited, Bajaj Electricals Limited, Balajee Education Pvt Ltd, Barclays Global Service Center, Beehyv Software Solutions Pvt Ltd., Betterplace Safety Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Bidgely Technologies, Bizreach, Blackrock, Blue Star Ltd, Bridgei2i Analytics, Brillio, Capgemini Technology Services India Ltd, Capillary, Capital First Limited, Capital One Services (India) Private Limited, Cdot, Central Research Laboratory, Bharat Electronics Ltd, Cgi, Cipher Research Group, Cisco Systems, Citibank, Cluster, Cognizant, Cohesity, Cubastion Consulting Pvt Ltd, Cvrs Educational Services(India) Private Limited, Cybermarine Knowledge System Pvt Ltd., Delhivery Pvt. Ltd., Delta Power Solutions India Pvt. Ltd., Dhl Supply Chain India Pvt Ltd, Droom Technology (P) Ltd, Dr.Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd, Dynamic Technology Lab Pvt Ltd, Eaton Technologies Private Limited, Ernst & Young, Exxonmobil, Ey Gds, Flipkart, Flynava Technologies, Ford Fractal Analytics Pvt. Ltd., Futures First Info Services Pvt.Ltd., Ge Ge Digital Ford, Fractal Analytics Pvt. Ltd., General Mills, Genpact, Gep Solutions, Goldman Sachs, Google, Hcl Technologies, Hero Motocorp Ltd., Hiver, Honeywell Technology Solutions, Hsbc Technology India, Ibm Research Labs, Icici Bank, Indian Oil Corporation Limited, R&D Centre Indian Oil Corporation Ltd, Indian Space Research Organisation, Infoworks Data Pvt Ltd, Innoplexus, Innovaccer Analytics Pvt Ltd, Institute Of Engineering & Management, Integrhythm India Pvt Ltd, Intel Technology India Pvt Ltd., Itc Limited, Itiviti India, Jaguar Land, Rover India Ltd, Jain Irrigation Systems Limited, Jindal Stainless Limited, John Deere India Pvt Ltd, Johnson Controls India Pvt Ltd., Jpmorgan Chase & Co., Kla-tencor.
- Indian Institute of Technology – Roorkee is among the foremost Institutes of national importance in higher technological education and in engineering, basic and applied research. Since its establishment, the Institute has played a vital role in providing the technical manpower and know-how to the country in pursuit of research.
- The Institute ranks amongst the best technological institutions in the world and has contributed to all sectors of technological development. It has also been considered a trend-setter in the area of education and research in the field of science, technology, and engineering.
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, the successor of the University of Roorkee, is the oldest technical institution in the country. Established as the Roorkee College in 1847 and rechristened as the Thomson College of Civil Engineering in 1854, it made tremendous contributions in the development of an infrastructural base of the country, to mention few as roads and highways, canals and irrigation networks, railways and engineering industries.
- Recognising its outstanding contributions and its growth potential, the college was elevated to be the first Technical University of India on November 25, 1948. Nurtured as the premier institution by the State of Uttar Pradesh, the University has declared an Institute of National Importance and converted into the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee by an Act of Parliament with effect from September 21, 2001. Today it cherishes history as an institute 171 years old, served as the University of Roorkee for 67 years and as IIT Roorkee for 18 years.
IITRK Establishment: 1847
IITRK Accreditations: AICTE, UGC
IITRK Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITRK Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With 75%+JEE (Main)
IITRK Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
IITRK Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
IITRK Fee Structure: Rs-1.46 lakhs
IITRK Location: INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY ROORKEE, Roorkee 247667, Uttarakhand, India.
IITRK Placements: 1 mg Technologies Pvt. Ltd.,3 M India Ltd.,3DPLM Software Solutions Ltd.,64 Squares, A I K Banka, A2Z Maintenance & Engineering Services Ltd., Aarti Industries Ltd., Aarvee Associates, Architects Engineers & Consultants Pvt. Ltd.ABB Group, ABCO India Private Ltd.Absolut Data Research and Analytics Solutions Private Ltd., ACC Ltd., Accenture Services Pvt. Ltd., Accolite Software India Pvt. Ltd., ACG Pharma Technologies Pvt. Ltd., ACME Telepower Ltd., Acumen, Aditi Technologies, Adobe Systems India Pvt. Ltd., ADP Private Ltd., Advait Life-Education, AFCONS Infrastructure Ltd., Affine Analytics Pvt. Ltd., Agnity India Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Air Liquide, AIR Worldwide India Pvt. Ltd., Airbus Engineering Centre, India Airplay Payment Services Pvt. Ltd., Airvana Networks India Pvt Ltd., Alcatel Mobile, Alethe Labs India Pvt. Ltd., Allstate Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Alpla India Pvt. Ltd., Alstom India Ltd., Altair Engineering India Pvt. Ltd., Amadeus Software Labs India Pvt. Ltd., Amazon India Pvt. Ltd., American Express, Amity University, Amplus Energy Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Analog Devices India Pvt. Ltd., Analytics Quotient India Services Pvt. Ltd., Anand Automotive Ltd., Ansys-Fluent India Pvt. Ltd., Applied Materials,Appy Pie LLP, Aricent Technologies (Holdings) Ltd.,Arth DesignBuild Pvt. Ltd., Arup Engineering Design and Consulting Services India Pvt. Ltd., Asa Bhanu Technical Services Ltd.,ASC Infratech Pvt. Ltd., Ashok Leyland,Asian Oilfield Services Ltd. Asian Paints Aspire SystemsATCS Pvt. Ltd.Atkins IndiaAvalon ConsultingAxiom Education Pvt. Ltd., Axtria India Pvt. Ltd., Ayesa India Pvt.Ltd., B&S Engineering Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG) is the sixth IIT established in 1994 and has been celebrating its silver jubilee in the current year. In the last 24 years, IITG has placed itself in the global academic map by dint of untiring efforts of the quality faculty members, staff and outstanding students. Times Higher Education (THE) ranked IITG 14th among the world’s best small universities in 2017. IITG got rank 7 in Engineering and rank 9 overall in NIRF-2019.
- Situated in Guwahati (a modern and safe city) and on the north bank of the river Brahmaputra, the well-planned campus of IITG is spread over 700 acres having woods, hills (home for different birds and animals) and lakes inside. The lakes are winter home for a wide range of migratory birds. This along with other infrastructural facilities (laboratories, sports facilities, clubs, hostels, computer centre, library etc) provides the right ambience for pursuing studies and other social and extracurricular activities.
- Guwahati being the gateway to northeast India, students can explore the natural beauty and rich and diverse cultures of all the northeastern states. It prides itself on being probably the most scenic academic campus in India. Guwahati Railway Station (22 km) and International Airport (23 km) could be reached from IIT Guwahati by bus, taxi and auto services within 30 minutes. Institute buses ply to and from the city centre at regular intervals. Guwahati is well connected by trains and flights to the rest of India. Weather at Guwahati remains pleasant for most of the year with maximum and minimum temperatures of around 370C (summer) and 70C (winter) respectively with a fair amount of rainfall.
- The Institute offers BTech in 10 disciplines along with a BDes programme, MTech in all engineering specializations, dual degree (MTech+PhD and MS+PhD) in some departments and centres and PhD in all departments and centres. IITG also offers two years MSc (in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics departments) and a two-year MA (Developmental Studies) programmes. The current student strength of the Institute is about 6100 (including international students) and 33% of them are PhD students. BTech students can enrol for minor specializations in a discipline other than his/her own to extend their knowledge base to another area of interest.
IITGW Establishment: 1994
IITGW Accreditations: AICTE, UGC
IITGW Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITGW Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With 75%+JEE (Main)
IITGW Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
IITGW Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
IITGW Fee Structure: Rs-1.49 Lakhs
IITGW Location: INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY GUWAHATI, Guwahati – 781039, Assam, India
IITGW Placements: D Solid Compression Pvt Ltd, 3DPLM Software Solutions, 4 am Design and Tech. Labs, 64Squares, Aarvee Associates, Absolutdata, Abzooba, Accenture, AceThought Technologies, Adobe, AirBus, Airvana Networks, Alacriti, Allseas India, Altair Altisource Business Solutions, Amazon, American Express, Analog Devices Analytics, Quotient India Services, Ansys ARC Document Solutions India, Arcesium, Aricent Arista Networks, Arkitechno Consultants India, ASC Infratech, Ashok Leyland,Aspiring Minds, Assessment Assam Down Town University, Atkins India, Atomic Labs, AVA Corp, Avanti Learning Centres, Axis Bank, Axtria, Bank of America, Bank of India, Barclays, Beceem Beehyv Software Solutions, Belzabar Software, Bentley Systems, BGR Energy Systems, BGT, Bharat Dynamics, Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL), Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL), BILT, BOC India, Bosch Boss International, British Telecom Broadcom, BrowserStack, Burning Glass, Busigence Technologies, Business Solutions India, Byte Consulting, C-DOT, CA Technologies,Cactus Communications, Cadila, Capgemini, Capillary Technologies, Capital IQ, CaRPM, Centre for Social Responsibility and Leadership, Centurylink Technologies, CGI group, Checktronix India Pvt Ltd, Chembiotech, Circuits, Cisco Systems, CitiCorp, Citrix R&D, Clarice Technologies, Cleartax Coal India Ltd, Coca Cola, CodeNation, Cognizant, Comassites Software (HAL) ,Hindustan Petroleum (HPCL), HiveMinds Innovative, HLL Lifecare, Honda Motor Co Ltd, Honeywell,PurpleTalk, Qualcomm.
- 2nd phase of IITs started by the India Government
- IITH collaborates with Japanese Universities and Industries.
- Buildings based on Japanese architecture.
IITH Establishment: 2008
IITH Accreditations: UGC
IITH Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITH Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with 75%+JEE Mains
IITH Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
IITH Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
IITH Fee Structure: Rs 1.67 Lakh(Onwards)
IITH Location:: IITH Main Rd, Kandi, Telangana, India-502285
IITH Placements: Aarvee Associates, Accenture, Accolite, Adobe Systems, Altair, Amazon, AMD Bangalore, Amrita University, Analog Devices, Bank of America, BDL, Belcan, Benz, Bombardier, Boston Scientific, BPCL, CapGemini, Capital Dynamics, CEWIT, Code Nation, Cookpad, CTS, Cyient, Dell, Deloitte , Deshaw, Directi, Eaton, EFI Bangalore, Evalue serve, FIITJEE, Finisher Futures, First GAP, INC, Geny ,Medium, Headout, Hexagon, Honeywell, HPCL, IConcept, Infosys, ISRO, L&T Constructions, Leoforce, Mahindra & Mahindra, MAQ software, Marvell Semiconductor , Mathwork, Maxim Integrated, Mediatek , Meeami Technologies, Microsoft, IDC, MobileIron, MPR Refractors, MRF, Murata Electronics, NFTDC, NLCC, Oracle, Orbees, PayPal, Periyar, Maniammai University, PTC Software, Qolsys, Qualcomm, Rakuten,Redine, Sahajanand, Sales Force, Samsung Bangalore, Samsung Delhi, Scrum Do, Service Now, sigmoid Analytics, Smart prix, Smartron, Sms Data Tech, Strata Geo systems, Stryker, Tata Motors, Tata Steel, TCS, Teach For India, Tesco, Think I, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Urmi, Vedanta, Virtusa, Walmart, Wells Fargo, Works Application,Yahoo Japan, Zuti Engg.
- The National Institute of Technology (formerly Regional Engineering College) Tiruchirappalli was established as a joint venture of the Government of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu in 1964 to produce world-class engineers who will cater to the growing technological needs of the nation. The institute was granted Deemed University Status with the approval of the UGC/AICTE and Government of India in 2003 and renamed National Institute of Technology (NIT-T), NIT-T has been declared an institution of national importance by the National Institute of Technology Act 2007. The NITs are now fully funded by the Central Government.
- The move was intended to provide teaching and research in the branches of engineering, sciences, technology and management for the advancement of teaching and research. NIT Tiruchirappalli is one of India’s premier academic and research technical institutions that has driven new ways of thinking since its inception.
- The institution offers Undergraduate Courses in ten branches and Post Graduate Courses in twenty-one disciplines of Science, Engineering & Technology besides M.S. (by Research) and PhD in all the departments.
- The institute provides ample opportunities for developing extra-curricular skills which include NCC, NSS, Students Chapters of IEEE, Indian Geotechnical Society, Trichy Chapter, Civil Engg, social clubs and sports & games. The Alumni of this institution have excelled in various spheres and are positioned very well globally in several leading Government, Public Sector & Private Organizations. The Institute has a total campus area of 800 acres.
IITT Establishment: 2016
IITT Accreditations: AICTE
IITT Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITT Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With 75%+JEE (Main)
IITT Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
IITT Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
IITT Fee Structure: Rs-72,000
IITT Location: Tanjore Main Road, National Highway 67, Tiruchirappalli – 620015, Tamil Nadu, India.
IITT Placements: Snapdeal, Flipkart, Axtria, Mu Sigma, Mahindra, Nucleus, National Instrument, L&T, BPCL, HPCL, IOCL, DRDO, Eicher-Volvo Commercial Vehicles Pvt. Ltd., AVTEC Pvt. Ltd., TATA Motors, Endurance Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Honda, Epic, FICO, Blue Star, Book My Show, Future First, Codenation, Goldman Sachs, Arecesium, Directi, Salesforce, Razorpay, Go-Jek, ISRO, Intel, TESCO, Innovaccer, Oracle, Mathworks, MAQ Software, Cognizant, Evalueserve, Bharat Forge, Reliance Jio, Bharat Seats, Maruti Suzuki, Wipro, Mentor Graphics, Analog Devices, UpGrad, L&T Infotech, Capgemini, Reliance, Samsung Solutions, Trident Group, UnitedHealth Group Ltd., Google, Amazon, Microsoft, DE-Shaw, IBM India, Samsung R&D India, CISCO, Bosch, GE India, Barclays, Deloitte, TCS, TCE, Infosys, CMC Ltd., Impetus, CSC Ltd., Finisar Malaysia, Altair India, Qualcomn, Morgan Stanley, CA Technologies, Uniken India Pvt. Ltd., Virtusa, Coal India, HCL Technologies, L&T, Practo.
- Having its foundation laid on 17 February 2009, IIT Indore is fully functioning from its permanent campus at Simrol since December 2015 conducting all its teaching, research and outreach activities. All students of BTech program have been shifted to state-of-art hostel building in its permanent campus in December 2016. The institute operated from the rented premises at Institute of Technology (IET) of Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya (DAVV) Indore during July 2009 to September 2015 and at Pithampur Auto Cluster Ltd (PACL) premises during May 2011 to December 2015.
- IIT Indore was mentored by IIT Bombay till its founding Director Prof. Pradeep Mathur took charge on January 1, 2010. From the Academic Year 2010-11 onwards, it developed its curriculum for its different UG and PG programs. IIT Indore aims to play an active role in the task of propelling India on its growth-trajectory by focusing on very high-quality education, research, development, consultancy, and manpower training.
- In the India Ranking-2019 released by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2019 of MHRD, IIT Indore has been ranked 13th amongst all engineering institutions. Institute has also the distinction of being graded very impressive 5th rank in the Teaching, Learning and Resources parameters in this category consecutively for the year 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 among new IITs in research quality.
- As per Times Higher Education World University Rankings, the Indian Institute of Technology Indore (IIT Indore) becomes India’s second highest-ranked university and secure position in 351 -400 bands and IIT Indore maintains its position in top 50 as per Times Higher Education Asian University Rankings 2019.
IITI Establishment: 2009
IITI Accreditations: AICTE
IITI Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITI Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With 75%+JEE (Main)
IITI Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
IITI Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
IITI Fee Structure: Rs-1.42 lakhs
IITI Location: Indian Institute of Technology Indore Simrol, Khandwa Road Pin code 453 552, Indore (MP) India
IITI Placements: Google, Amazon, Microsoft, DE-Shaw, IBM India, Samsung R&D India, CISCO, Bosch, GE India, Barclays, Deloitte, TCS, TCE, Infosys, CMC Ltd., Impetus, CSC Ltd., Finisar Malaysia, Altair India, Qualcomn, Morgan Stanley, CA Technologies, Snapdeal, Flipkart, Axtria, Mu Sigma, Mahindra, Nucleus, National Instrument, L&T, BPCL, HPCL, IOCL, DRDO, Eicher-Volvo Commercial Vehicles Pvt. Ltd., AVTEC Pvt. Ltd., TATA Motors, Endurance Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Honda, Epic, FICO, Blue Star, Reliance, Samsung Solutions, Trident Group, UnitedHealth Group Ltd., Uniken India Pvt. Ltd., Virtusa, Coal India, HCL Technologies, L&T, Practo, Book My Show, Future First, Codenation, Goldman Sachs, Arecesium, Directi, Salesforce, Razorpay, Go-Jek, ISRO, Intel, TESCO, Innovaccer, Oracle, Mathworks, MAQ Software, Cognizant, Evalueserve, Bharat Forge, Reliance Jio, Bharat Seats, Maruti Suzuki, Wipro, Mentor Graphics, Analog Devices, UpGrad, L&T Infotech, Capgemini.
- Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University) is situated in the magnificent campus of Banaras Hindu University spread over nearly 1300 acres at the southern end of the ancient city of Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. IIT(BHU), formerly known as the Institute of Technology, was a part of the Banaras Hindu University has been an internationally acknowledged seat of learning and was established in 1919 by the great visionary and patriot, Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya Ji.
- Engineering Education in Banaras Hindu University commenced as early as in 1919 with the establishment of Banaras Engineering College (BENCO). The University has also pioneered engineering education by being the first in the country to start degree courses in Mining, Metallurgy, Ceramic Engineering and Pharmaceutics with the establishment of the College of Mining and Metallurgy and the College of Technology in the years 1923 and 1932 respectively, to meet the then requirements of the going to be Independent India. In 1969 these three colleges were amalgamated to form the Institute of Technology.
- The Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University (IT-BHU), was converted into Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University), Varanasi by the Government of India, New Delhi on 29th June 2012.
- Now, IIT(BHU) is celebrating “100 years of Technical Education in India” on its completion of the century. Institute kick-started its centenary celebration during 9-11 February 2019 this year. A commemorative postal stamp was released by the honourable prime minister on this occasion. With its unique engineering programs and future-ready curriculum, the Institute gears up for another glorious journey towards “New India”
IITV Establishment: 1919
IITV Accreditations: UGC
IITV Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITV Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With 75%+JEE (Main)
IITV Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
IITV Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
IITV Fee Structure: Rs-1.21 Lakh
IITV Location: IIT-BHU, Banaras Hindu University Campus, Uttar Pradesh 221005
IITV Placements: Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Flipkart, Nvidia, Apple, Oracle, Intel, Cisco, Dell, HP, HCL, IBM, Huawei, Samsung, Mastercard, Visa, American Express, airtel, Walmart, Coal India, ISRO, ITC, Unilever, Jindal Steel and power, Reliance, Aditya Birla, Honda, Bajaj, Bosch, Fidelity, Deloitte, EXL, Hitachi, HSBC, CitiBank, TATA motors, Barclays, Uber, Cohesity, OYO, Paypal, Paytm, McKinsey & Company, Morgan Stanley, Jaguar, ICICI bank, Maruti Suzuki, General Motors.
- Standing tall since the early decades of the 20th century, the institute is steadily sailing through the millennium change and has emerged into one of the most prominent institutions- Indian Institute of Technology IIT(ISM) with full bloom functioning of 18 branches of Engineering, Applied Sciences, Management Studies and Humanities. IIT (ISM) has centenary long credentials of outperforming achievements/ contributions in academia and the industry.
- The Indian National Congress at its XVII Session of December 1901 passed a resolution stating that “because the tendency of recent legislation namely, The Indian Mines Act VII of 1901, is that all Indian mines must be kept under the supervision of mining experts, the Congress is of opinion that a Government College of Mining Engineering is established in some suitable place in India on the models of the Royal School of Mines in England, Mining Colleges of Japan and at other places in the continent”. The McPherson Committee formed by Govt. of India, recommended the establishment of an institution for imparting education in the fields of Mining and Geology, whose report, submitted in 1920, formed the main basis for the establishment of the Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad.
- The Indian School of Mines was formally opened on 9th December 1926, by Lord Irwin, the then Viceroy of India to address the need for trained manpower related to mining activities in the country with disciplines of Mining and Applied Geology. In 1967 it was granted the status of a deemed to be university under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956. Since its establishment, IIT(ISM) has undergone considerable expansion of its activities, and presently it can be considered as a total technology education institute.
- Situated in the heart of the country’s prime coking coal belt, 260 km from Kolkata with a campus spread over an area of 393 acres, (with 218 acres of existing campus and 175 acres under acquisition and development) the fully residential IIT(ISM) has all the facilities of world-class academic institute. What started as an institution to impart mining education has graduated into a full-fledged technical institution of international acclaim offering a host of programmes like B. Tech., M. Tech., M. Sc. Tech., and MBA.
- IIT (ISM) is striving relentlessly to become and remain a nationally and internationally acclaimed premier institution of higher technical and scientific education with social commitment having an ethos for intellectual excellence, where initiative is nurtured, where new ideas, research and scholarship flourish, where intellectual honesty is the norm and from which will emerge the leaders and innovators of tomorrow in the realm of technology. While catalyzing a developing society, its goal as one of the premier technical education institution in the country would be to intimately involve itself not just in the technological development of the Nation but indeed in its overall development
IITDH Establishment: 1997
IITDH Accreditations: AICTE
IITDH Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITDH Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With 75%+JEE (Main)
IITDH Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
IITDH Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
IITDH Fee Structure: Rs-1.41 lakhs
IITDH Location: Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad 826004, Jharkhand, India
IITDH Placements: Aakash Institute, CRISIL, ISRO, Presidency University,Synopsys, Aarti Industries, Cubastion Consulting, J P Morgan, Prism, Johnson Tredence Analytics, Accenture, CVRS, JSPL, Profisor, Tata, Hitachi, Adani Enterprises, Dassault Systemes, JSW Steel, PSIT, Tata Metaliks, Aditya Birla, Deutsche Bank, K12 Technologies, PwC, Tata Motors, Adobe, DOTT Services, KCCL, Quantiphi, Tata Power, Amazon, Droom Technology, KEC International Limited, Rao IIT Edusolutions, Tata Steel, Ambuja Cements, E&Y, KPIT, RBL, Tega Industries, Amdocs, Elegant Marine, KPMG, Reliance, Terex Arista Networks, Extra Marks, L&T Construction, Reliance JIO, Thermo Fisher, Scientific Arcesium, ExxonMobil, Larsen & Toubro, RIA Advisory, Thriveni Earthmovers, Axxela Advisory, Federal Bank,MAQ Software, Salesforce, Treebo Hotels, Barclays, Flipkart, Maruti, SRI – Bangalore, VECV, BeeHyv, FMC Corporation, Microsoft, Sandvine, Vedanta (BALCO), Bhushan Steel Limited, Future Group, My Gate, Sasken Vedanta- HZL, Box8, Futures First, Merilytics, Schindler, Veritas Technologies, BuyHatke, Global Data, NeoEpo. Inc., Schlumberger, Vidyamandir Classes, Cairn India, Goldman Sach, Normet Seekers Education, Vignan University, Capgemini, Halliburton, Novopay, Siemens, Virtusa Corporation, CGI, Headout, ONGC, SMS Limited, Walmart, Chaitanya’s Academy, IMC Oorja, On Move, SRI – Noida, Weir Minerals, Coal India Limited, Infosys, OYO, Swiggy, Wipro, Cipher Group, IOCL, Paytm, Syngenta, Biosciences Wirtgen.
- The National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal is among the foremost institutes of National Importance in higher technological education and applied research. Since its inception in 1960 as the Karnataka Regional Engineering College, the Institute has established itself as a premier centre engaged in imparting quality technological education and providing support to research and development activities.
- The Institute has an illustrious tradition of the history of research in traditional and modern areas of engineering and sciences. The Institute has been actively involved in applied research in looking at and resolving problems faced by the society in several areas like environment, water resources, rock mechanics, new structures, VLSI etc.
- The Institute offers Bachelors Degree courses in 9 disciplines of Engineering (All the 9 B.Tech Degree Programmes have been accredited by NBA for a maximum feasible period of 5 years w.e.f July 01, 2014) and Postgraduate Degree in 29 disciplines in Engineering, Management and Science. The Institute offers doctoral programmes in all Departments. The students are admitted to the B.Tech degree programs based on the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) JEE (Main) conducted at various centres all over India. International students are admitted through various students exchange programs, i.e. MEA, ICCR, etc. and scheme of Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA).
- Students admitted in M.Tech programs through GATE are eligible to receive scholarships. Every year 150 full-time fellowship seats for admission to PhD programmes are offered across all the Departments of the Institute and interdisciplinary areas. The Institute ranks among the best technological institutions in the country and has contributed to all sectors of technological developments.
NITS Establishment: 1960
NITS Accreditations: AICTE
NITS Affiliated To Autonomous University
NITS Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With 75%+JEE (Main)
NITS Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
NITS Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
NITS Fee Structure: Rs-62,500
NITS Location: Srinivasnagar, Mangalore – 575 025, Karnataka, India.
NITS Placements: Axis Bank, Fidelity Business Services, Samsung R&D, Wells Fargo, Oracle India, Visa Inc., HSBC Technology, Capgemini, Mcafee, Sprinklr, Target Corporation, Byjus, Intuit, Corpn, Amazon, Deloitte, Walmart Labs, Cisco Systems, Tata Digital Health, Dell EMC, Microsoft, Tesco, Cgi Information, Goldman Sachs, Ba Continuum (Boa), Zynga Game Network, Belong Technologies, Idrive Software, Citi Graphene Tech, Uber, Morgan Stanley, Commscope Networks, Genpact, Myntra Designs, Nreach Online, Gilbarco Veeder Root, Publicis, Sapient, Arista, Neutrinos Infoworks Data, Oyo, Nestaway, Epsilon, Taylor And Francis, Exxonmobil, Societe Generale, Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse, Qualcomm, CitiBank, Wipro Limited, Honeywell, SAP Lab.
- Anna University was established on 4th September 1978 as a unitary type of University. This University was named after Late Dr.C.N.Annadurai, former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
- It offers higher education in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, and Applied Sciences relevant to the current and projected needs of the society.
- In 2001, Anna University was converted to an affiliating type University by bringing together all the Engineering colleges in the State of Tamil Nadu and was again reconverted to the unitary type in 2010.
- In World University Ranking Anna University is ranked 201 as per QS (Quacquarelli Symonds) in the Faculty of Engineering and Chemical during the year 2017-2018. Anna University is ranked between 151 and 200 at the global level and 7 at the national level.
AU Establishment: 1974
AU Accreditations: AICTE, NAAC GRADE A
AU Affiliated To AU, CHENNAI
AU Eligibility & Admission:10+2 With 50%+ TNEA
AU Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
AU Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
AU Fee Structure: 50,000(approx.)
AU Location: Anna University, Guindy, Chennai – 600 025, Tamil Nadu, India.
AU Placements: Tcs, Wipro, Accenture, Asian paints, Birlasoft, Biocon, Bridgestone, CaliberPoint among the top recruiters
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) has emerged as one of the best institutes of India and is aspiring to become a global leader. Quality in teaching-learning, research and innovation make VIT unique. The office of the ranking and accreditation (RAAC) prepares the strategic plan and sets a goal to improve institutional ranking every year.
- VIT – IQAC plays a significant role to enhance quality in all academic and administrative processes as per Govt. of India accreditation and ABET, USA accreditation guidelines. VIT is the 16th best engineering institute of India and is ahead of all private engineering institutes as per the Govt. of India, NIRF ranking.
- VIT is also ranked by QS World University Ranking, Times Higher Education (THE) World University Ranking, QS and THE Asia Ranking, QS and THE BRICS Ranking, THE Young university ranking of the world universities and others. 10 engineering programs of Vellore and 4 engineering programs of Chennai campus are accredited by ABET, USA. VIT is the first institute of India to receive QS 4-Star rating in the overall category and QS 5-Star rating in teaching, employability, facilities, innovation and inclusiveness.
- VIT is accredited by NAAC, Govt. of India with A Grade. FICCI, Industry Consortium of India, awarded VIT as “the University of the Year 2016” and “Excellence in faculty for the year 2017” in India. VIT’s connection with academic institutions and industries at national and international level is its strength.
- Professors are connected globally for innovation, research and other collaborations. The 1st World Summit on Science, Engineering and Technology was organized by RAAC at the University of Cambridge, the UK in January 2018 to connect major universities of the world to discuss multidisciplinary and trans-disciplinary issues. Suggestions from stakeholders and well-wishers are welcomed to further improve our ranking and accreditation.
VIT Establishment: 1984
VIT Accreditations: AICTE, UGC
VIT Affiliated To Deemed To Be University
VIT Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With 75%+ Entrance exam
VIT Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
VIT Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
VIT Fee Structure: Rs-1.76 to 1.98 Lakhs
VIT Location: VIT Vellore – 632014 Tamil Nadu, India
VIT Placements: Goldman Sachs, Go-Jek, Amazon, Adobe, Tesco, OYO, Directi, ISRO, Futures First, Deloitte, Oracle, Ittiam, MAQ Software, Bharat Seats Ltd, Samsung R & D, KPIT, TCS D, Zuti Engg, Delta Power Solutions, NCCBM, Wipro, Reliance Jio, Fiitjee, Accenture, BSEC, KIIT, Rao Edusolutions, Maruti Suzuki, Dolcera, Manikaran Ltd, Edubrisk MIC College of Technology, AAKASH Institute, Affine Analytics, Altair, Avanti Learning Centre, Aindra, Airvana, Altair Engineering, Asteria, Aerospace AVTEC LTD., Axiom Research Labs Private Ltd., BPCL, Capgemini, CEWIT, Coal India Ltd, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Computer Associates, Co-Cubes, Digital Management Inc. [DMI], DRDO, Finisar Malaysia, Flipkart Online Service Pvt. Ltd., Focus 4-D career Education Ltd.,Grofers,HPCL, HCL,Hindalco Industries Ltd.,IBM,Infosys Ltd., Innoplexus,Innovaccer,Inteliment,Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. [IOCL], iNautix,L and T Construction,L Construction, Chennai,L Kolkata, L W Constructions,Mahindra Mahindra Ltd.,Marvel Realtors, MathWorks, MuSigma ,Net Cracker, NYKAA,Oil Natural Gas Limited [ONGC], Originet Tech. Persistent, RITES, Samsung Electronics Ltd., Sankalp semiconductor, Seclore Semtech, Signion Systems, Sokrati, SOA UNIVERSITY, SoctronicsTechnologies, SRC Technik, Sun Route, TCS Digital Enterprises Solutions Services, TCS (IT S/W), TATA Motors, Tata Steel, Tata Power, TATA Consulting Engineers Texas Instrument, Tricon InfoTech, Trident Group, UnitedHealth Group Information Services Ltd., UnitedHealth Vedanta, Videonetics, Visa Steel, WSP, Parsons, ZeMoso Technologies, Microsoft.
- NIT Rourkela is one of the premier national level institutions for technical education in the country and is funded by the Government of India. The Government of India has elevated the Regional Engineering College, Rourkela to a deemed university under the name of National Institute of Technology, Rourkela.
- The main objective of the Institute is to produce quality Engineers and Scientists in Graduate and Post-Graduate levels in various branches of Engineering and Science. The Institute is managed by the Board of Governors of National Institute of Technology (Rourkela) Society and vested with a significant degree of administrative and financial autonomy. The Government of India has recognized the Institute as a premier institution of repute and have developed it as a centre of excellence under plan funding.
- The campus of the Institute consisting of the institute buildings, halls of residence and staff colony is situated at the eastern end of Rourkela steel city, beyond Sector-1 over an area of 262 hectares of land provided by the Government of Orissa. It is a residential campus offering accommodation to faculty, staff and students. The campus has all the amenities for developing personal, social and academic skills of the student community.
- The city of Rourkela came into prominence in the year 1954-55, with the decision of the Government of India to set up the first Public Sector Steel Plant in this locality in collaboration with the then West Germany.
NITR Establishment: 1961
NITR Accreditations: AICTE, MHRD
NITR Affiliated To Autonomous University
NITR Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With 75%+JEE (Main)
NITR Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
NITR Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
NITR Fee Structure: Rs-1.24 Lakhs
NITR Location: National Institute of Technology Rourkela, Odisha – 769008.
NITR Placements: Abinbev, Accenture, Adobe, Ashok Leyland, Arcesium, Bajaj, Bharat Petroleum, Brillio, Capgemini, Cgi, C-dot, Coca-cola, Cummins, Dell, DRDO, Daikin, Deloitte, ExxonMobil, Deutsche Bank, Ericsson, Exl, Ey, Fiat, Fidelity, Future First, Ford, Gail.Ge, Goldman Sachs, Hero, IBM, Indian Oil, Infosys, Aditya Birla, Hindustan Unilever Limited, Intel, John Deere, Kec, Kohler, KPMG, Lafarge, Linde, Mahindra, Marvell, Mathworks, Mercedes-Benz, L&T, Microsoft, Mu Sigma, Oil India Limited, Oracle, Myntra, National Instruments, Newgen, Nokia, Novell, Oyo, Pepsico, Pwc, Qualcomm, Samsung, Jio, Reliance Industries, Texas Instruments, Thermax, Tata, SAP.
- Jadavpur University students have won the National Championship in the 14th National Youth Parliament Competition conducted by the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- JU achieved 1st position among all State universities,5th position in the University Category & 12th position in overall category accorded by NIRF, MHRD Govt. India.
- Ranked 84th among the 200 best Asian universities in the Times Higher Education Asia University rankings 2016.
- Ranked 11th in EDU RAND [Engineering college Rankings 2015].
- Jadavpur University has been ranked within Top 10 Indian Research Institutions as per the report of International Comparative Performance of India s Research Base (2009-14).
- Re-accredited by NAAC with a CGPA of 3.68 on a four-point scale at A Grade for five years from 24.09.2014.
- Ranked 10th in India, by Academic Performance (URAP) Research Laboratory 2012-13, considering academic indicators.
- Ranked 47th in the Times Higher Education-Thomson Reuters list of the 100 best universities in the BRICS and Emerging Economies, 2013. Recently celebrated a decade as an SYLFF institution.
JU Establishment: 1955
JU Accreditations: NCTE, COA, AICTE, UGC, AIU, NAAC GRADE A
JU Affiliated To State University
JU Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with 45% + WBJEE
JU Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
JU Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
JU Fee Structure: Rs- 2400
JU Location: 188, Raja S.C. Mallick Rd, Kolkata 700032.
JU Placements: Accenture, SAIL, Honeywell, Nalco, Philips, Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL), Shapoorji Pallonji – Interior, CTS, SMC, Foster Wheeler, Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd, Goldman Sachs, GOOGLE, Hindustan Zinc Limited (HZL), HSBC Bank, ITC, Reliance Industries Ltd., TATA STEEL, CISCO, COGNIZANT, FACEBOOK, IBM, Maruti Suzuki, ORACLE, SAP, Synopsys, Tata Motors, Thermax, UOP INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED, Voltas, Yahoo Software Development Pvt. Ltd, L&T Infotech, Reve Systems India Pvt. Ltd., Snapdeal.com, Pepsico, L&T Ltd., Britannia Industries, C-DOT, ABP Limited, ITD Cementation India Ltd.
- The Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), Mumbai is a unique Institute that was established on 1st October 1933 as a University Department of the Bombay University (UDCT), completing 87 years of glorious past.
- ICT has created its brand over the years which has been recognized by several prestigious awards and accolades to the faculty, students, and alumni individually and also as the institute.
- Under the World Bank’s Technical Education Quality Improvement Program (TEQIP), ICT was granted full autonomous status in 2004 and declared as Deemed-to-be University on September 12, 2008, by the MHRD under Section 3 of the UGC Act of 1956.
- It was bestowed an Elite Status and Centre of Excellence on par with IITs, IISc and IISERs in the State Assembly on April 20, 2012, by the Maharashtra Govt. based on its stellar performance on par with the institutes of national importance. the University Grants Commission declared Category I Deemed to be University status to ICT which has maintained high academic standards.
- ICT was ranked 12th amongst the Engineering Institutes of India and 15th amongst Universities of India. It is also placed at rank 4 amongst the Pharmacy Institutes. ICT is ranked 27th among all institutes and universities in India
ICT Establishment: 1933
ICT Accreditations: UGC, NBA, MHRD, NAAC GRADE A++
ICT Affiliated To Deemed To Be University
ICT Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with 75% + JEE Mains
ICT Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
ICT Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
ICT Fee Structure: Rs- 85,350.
ICT Location: Nathalal Parekh Marg, Matunga, Mumbai – 400019, India
ICT Placements: Abhay Proteins Pvt Ltd, Ajanta Pharma Ltd, Apollo Plastic Industries, Approcopp Engineering Pvt Ltd, Au Valves Pvt Ltd, Bengal Surgicals Ltd Kalyani, Bhakti Solvent Extractions Pvt Ltd, Century Rayon Ltd, Concept Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, Divya Srj Foods LLP, Envirocare Lab Pvt Ltd, Exotic Fruits Pvt Ltd, Garware Polyesters Ltd, Gauri Agro Tech Industries Pvt Ltd, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Godrej Industries Ltd, Haffkine Bio-Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Hpcl Ltd, Kalash Seeds Pvt Ltd, Mahalaxmi Cotspin Ltd, Mehta Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, Metarolls Steels Group, Metalman Industries Pvt Ltd, Monk Foods.
- National Institute of Technology (formerly known as Regional Engineering College) Warangal, was established in 1959, the first in the chain of 31 NITs (formerly known as RECs) in the country. It is an Institute of National Importance and fully funded by Govt. of India. It has a self-contained residential campus located in a beautiful wooded land of about 248 acres.
- The exquisite and intricate architecture of Ramappa, Thousand Pillar Temple, Bhadrakali Temple and Lake and the Warangal Fort have been centres of attraction. Lovely gardens, lakes and rocks in the vicinity are other places of interest for students.
- The institute is celebrating its Diamond Jubilee year (60 years) celebrations during the period 10th October 2018 to 10th October 2019. The Diamond Jubilee celebrations were inaugurated by Honorable Vice President of India Sri M.Venkaiah Naidu on 8th October 2018. The concluding celebrations of Diamond Jubilee are going to be graced by Honorable President of India Sri Ramnath Kovind.
- The Institute is well known for its dedicated faculty, staff and the state-of-the-art infrastructure conducive to a healthy academic environment. Ever since its inception, the Institute is constantly striving to achieve higher levels of technical excellence. Evolving a socially relevant and yet internationally acceptable curriculum, implementing innovative and effective teaching methodologies and focusing on the wholesome development of the students are our concerns.
- Many developmental activities were undertaken with the financial assistance from UNESCO, UK and the World Bank Assistance under Technical Education Quality Improvement Program (TEQIP). The Institute hosts Teaching Learning Centre (TLC) with the funding from the Government of India to train the faculty of Engineering Institutes in enhancing the teaching-learning process. The Institute also hosts the E & ICT academy to train the faculty in the areas of electronics and computer science.
NITW Establishment: 1959
NITW Accreditations: AICTE
NITW Affiliated To Deemed University
NITW Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With 75%+JEE (Main)
NITW Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
NITW Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
NITW Fee Structure: Rs-94,500
NITW Location: National Institute of Technology Warangal Telangana 506004
NITW Placements: Urjanet Energy Solutions Private Limited, Neuland Laboratories, Resonance Eduventures, Rexnord Corporation, MICROCHIP Technology India Limited, F5 Networks, Ashirvad Pipes, TIGER Analytics, ATC Tires, Aditya Birla Management, ADP Redpine Signals, FCA Engineering, Synchrony International Services Hyderabad, Tata Projects, Q2Ebanking Bangalore, Aakash Educational, Reliance Industries, Delhivery, FactSet Systems, ITC Infotech, Indian Telephone (ITI), Synopsys, Deloitte Consulting Engineers (TCE), Larsen & Toubro, Hindustan Petroleum (HPCL), Gas Authority of (GAIL), BYJU’S Learning App, Capgemini, Shapoorji Pallonji And Company, Unilever, Baker Hughes GE, Gain Credit, CipherCloud, Verity Knowledge, VMware Accenture, Technip, FMC Impact, Honeywell, 63Ideas Infolabs, Edgeverve, L&T Construction Publicis, Sapient Fractal, OYO Rooms, Godrej, Agrovet, Siemens, Samsung R&D Institute, ServiceNow Visa Inc., OPPO Mobiles, Axis Bank, Wipro, ZS Associates, Citicorp, Schneider Electric, Mobis Technical Centre, Novartis Healthcare, Dr. Reddy’s, Dell EMC, Coca Cola, AB InBev, American Express, Collins Aerospace, ISRO, Micron Liability Partnership, Zauba Technologies, Mathworks, JP Morgan Chase Co, Chronus Software, GO-MMT, Xilinx, Stanley, SAP Labs, Fidelity Investments, Oracle, Ansys, Udaan GE, Citrix, Arcesium, Sales Force, Black Buck, Qualcomm, Almabase, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, ExxonMobil, Uber, DE Shaw, Bajaj Auto, Ford, Amazon Group, Western Digital.
- In the 2020 edition of the annual rankings released, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham has been placed in the list of 601-800 category. The ranking features universities in 70 countries and seventeen Indian higher education institutions have featured in the list of the world’s best universities.
- In the 2020 edition of the annual rankings released, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham has been placed in the list of top 100 in Emerging Economies category.
- The Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings are the only global performance measures that assess universities impact the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals
- In the 2019 edition of the annual rankings released, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham has been placed in the list of top 250 in Young University category. Amrita is among the Top 10 Indian universities ranked in THE Asia 2020 rankings and is the only Private University in Top 10.
ASM Establishment: 2002
ASM Accreditations: AICTE, NAAC GRADE A
ASM Affiliated To Private University
ASM Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With 75%+JEE (Main)
ASM Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
ASM Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
ASM Fee Structure: Rs-2.50 Lakhs
ASM Location: Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Amritapuri Campus Amritapuri, Clappana P. O. Kollam – 690525 Kerala, India.
ASM Placements: Accenture, Accord Soft, Aditi Technologies, Payoda Technology, Syndicate Bank, AGC Networks, Abco (The Advisory Board Company), Amazon, Perot Systems, Tally Solutions, Aricent, Asian Paints, Polaris Software, Tata Consultancy Services, Apollo Tyres, Atlas, Healthcare Of Baroda, Prdc, Advanced Materials, Beroe Inc., Blue Dart, Aviation Star, Quest Global, Bgr Energy Systems, Brakes India, Birla, Qwest Telecom, Elxsi, Biogenex, Caterpillar, Circor, Flow Rane, Trw Steering, Autocomp, Cisco, Cognizant, Computer Science Corporation, Renault Nissan Tech. & Business Centre, Tech Mahindra, Cordys, Crompton Greaves, Cummins, Reliance Power, Technip Cvc, Defiance, Delphi Automotive, Robert Bosch, Tesco Dow Chemicals, Ecolab, Enercon, Musigma, Royal Enfield, Thoughtworks, Ericsson, Essar Steels, Esab, Safran, Titan Industries, Fenner Fidelity, Flowserve, Saggezza, Turismo, Ford, Gmmco, Google, Sanmar Engineering, Toyota, Kirloskar Auto Parts, Hcl, Hexaware, Hindustan Unilever, Sap Labs, Toshiba, Embedded Motors, Honeywell, Hewlett Packard, Saint- Gobain, Glass, Tractor Farm Equipments, Huawei, Hyundai, IBM, Samsung.
- In recognition to the huge contribution of the Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibur towards advancing quality education and research in India during the last 163 years, this premier Institute has been converted to Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur (IIEST, Shibpur), an Institute of National Importance (INI) by the amendment to the NITSER Act of the Parliament in 2014.
- Established with a mission to provide the best platform for multidisciplinary research with integrated application of engineering, scientific, and mathematical principles, IIEST, Shibpur is the first of its kind in India.
- IIEST, Shibpur started its glorious journey in 1856 as Calcutta Civil Engineering College and developed itself as the premier engineering college in pre-independence India. It has been renamed Bengal Engineering College, Shibpur (B. E. College, Shibpur) in 1920. The college received the status of a Deemed University in 1993 and subsequently transformed to Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur in 2004. The then Hon’ble President Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam formally inaugurated the University in 2005.
- IIEST, Shibpur represents a new class of Institute with an emphasis on postgraduate programmes and beyond as well as advanced research in many special areas. It has the distinction of becoming the first IIEST in the country with the promulgation of the amendment to the NITSER ACT 2014, assented by the Hon’ble President of India from March 4, 2014.
- This Institute is presently enjoying the 19th Rank in the National Institutional Ranking Framework, or NIRF, launched by MHRD, GOI among all reputed Engineering Colleges in India.
IIEST Establishment: 1856
IIEST Accreditations: AICTE
IIEST Affiliated To Autonomous University
IIEST Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With 75%+JEE (Main) / WBJEE
IIEST Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
IIEST Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
IIEST Fee Structure: Rs-71,000
IIEST Location: Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur P.O. Botanic Garden, Howrah 711 103, INDIA
IIEST Placements: CESC, Dynamic Digital Technologies, Veritas Technologies LLC, PWC, Maruti, Smartprix, M.N.Dastur, Directi, ZS Associates, HSBC Technologies, CGI Information Systems, Microsoft, Saint-Gobain, TCS – CTO, Hyundai Motors, Infosys, IBM, Wipro, TCS (Mass), Adobe, Mentor Graphics, Shapoorji, Causecode Technologies, Hindustan Unilever, MU Sigma, Electrosteel Casting, L & T, ECC, Aakash Institute, Elegant Marine, Sankalp Semiconductor, Vedanta Limited, Reve System, Vikram Solar , Linde, Samsung R & D, Institute Synopsys, Cummins, M.N.Dastur (Mining), Morgan Stanley, N R I Fintech, Techno Electric, Tata Project, Kovair Software, Cognizant, Haldia Petrochemicals, Wacker, Microsoft, IDC Polestar Solution,AI Labs, Jacobs International, Combustion Tata Steel Ltd.(Systems), Tega Industries, Cogitate Technology, DX Corr, Prototech Software, Greaves Cotton Limited, Tata Steel Ltd.(Technical), GPT Group, Simplex Infra, Eptisa, C V Raman College, Tejas Networks Ltd., Tata Bluescope, Steel Cirel Systems, Britannia Industries, Zycus, HSBC Software Development, Tata Tinplate, Tata Communications, Daikin Air-conditioning, Mjunction Services Limited, Hindalco Voith Paper India, Power Corporation Ltd, Gannon Dunkerley Bridge & Roof, Almal Group, Balasore Alloys Ltd., Stup Consultant, ITD Cementation, Otis Elevator, Systra, DCL Group, Denso Haryana, S.K.Samanta, WPIL Ltd., Stellar Value Chain.
- Indian Institute of Technology was established by the government of India in 2008 under The Institutes of Technology Act 1961 with Amendments up to 2012. The Act was passed in the Lok Sabha on 24 March 2011 and by the Rajya Sabha on 30 April 2012.
- IIT Bhubaneswar became an Institute of National Importance from 29 June 2012 with notification of Amendment in the Institutes’ of Technology Act, 1961 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, (Department of Higher Education) Government of India published in the Gazette of India dated 2 July 2012.
- The Institute started functioning from the nd campus of IIT Kharagpur on 22 July 2008 and shifted its operation to the city of nd Bhubaneswar on 22 July 2009. The Institute has adopted the concept of Schools rather than Departments for promoting interdisciplinary research. At present, 7 schools are offering academic programmes.
- It has been ranked well amongst the top engineering the institutions in the country. IIT Bhubaneswar was ranked 18 in the engineering category by the National Institutional Ranking Framework in 2018. IIT Bhubaneswar is also ranked 22nd by India Today in 2017, 16th by i3RC Times the Engineering Institute Rankings 2017, and 11 positions by Edu-Rand among engineering colleges in 2017.
IITB Establishment: 2008
IITB Accreditations: AICTE
IITB Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITB Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With 75%+JEE (Main)
IITB Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
IITB Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
IITB Fee Structure: Rs-1.48 Lakhs
IITB Location: Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar (IIT BBS), Argul, Jatni, Khurda, PIN: 752050
IITB Placements: GoldmanSachs, Go-Jek, Amazon, Adobe, Tesco, OYO, Directi, ISRO, Futures First, Deloitte, Oracle, Ittiam, MAQ Software, Bharat Seats Ltd, Samsung R & D, KPIT, TCS R & D, Zuti Engg, Delta Power Solutions, NCCBM, Wipro, Reliance Jio, Fiitjee, Accenture, BSEC, KIIT, Rao Edu solutions, Maruti Suzuki, Dolcera, Manikaran Power Ltd, Edubrisk Solutions, MIC College of Technology, AAKASH Institute, Affine Analytics, Altair, Avanti Learning Centre, Aindra, Airvana, Altair Engineering, Asteria, Aerospace AVTEC LTD., Axiom Research Labs Private Ltd., BPCL, Capgemini, CEWIT, Coal India Ltd, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Computer Associates, Co-Cubes, Digital Management Inc. [DMI], DRDO, Finisar Malaysia, Flipkart Online Service Pvt. Ltd., Focus 4-D career Education Pvt. Ltd., Grofers, HPCL, HCL, Hindalco Industries Ltd., IBM,Infosys Ltd., Innoplexus, Innovaccer, Inteliment, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. [IOCL], iNautix, L and T Construction, L & T Construction, Chennai, L & T Construction, Kolkata, L and W Constructions, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., Marvel Realtors, MathWorks, MuSigma , Net Cracker, NYKAA, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited [ONGC], Originet Tech. Ltd., Persistent, RITES, Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd., Sankalp semiconductor, Seclore Semtech, Signion Systems, Sokrati, SOA UNIVERSITY, Soctronics Technologies, SRC Technik, Sun Route, TCS Digital Enterprises Solutions & Services, TCS (IT and S/W), TATA Motors, Tata Steel, Tata Power, TATA Consulting Engineers Ltd., Texas Instrument, Tricon InfoTech, Trident Group, UnitedHealth Group Information Services Pvt. Ltd., UnitedHealth Group, Vedanta, Videonetics, Visa Steel, WSP, Parsons, ZeMoso Technologies, Microsoft.
- National Institute of Technology Calicut (NITC) is one of the 31 institutions of national importance under the NIT Act 2007 and is fully funded by the Government of India. The mandate of the Institute is to provide higher technical education and conduct research in the various branches of Engineering, Science, Technology and Management.
- Originally established in 1961 as a Regional Engineering College (REC), it was transformed into a National Institute of Technology in the year 2002. Institute offers bachelors, masters and doctoral degree programs in Engineering, Science, Technology and Management. With its proactive collaborations with a multitude of research organizations, academic institutions and industries, the institute has set a new style for its functioning under the NIT regime.
- NIT Calicut is an academically autonomous institute governed by the NIT Act 2007. The President of India is the visitor to the Institute under the act. The governance structure includes the national council for NITs as the apex policy-making body, while the Institute’s governance is vested with a board of governors. Institute’s senate is the authority in academic matters. Chairman of the board of governors is nominated by the visitor. The broad-based governance and administrative system are given under the NIT Act ensures participative decision making and assures accountability.
- Set in a picturesque landscape at the foothills of the Western Ghats, NITC is located about 22 kilometres northeast of Calicut City. It stretches over a length of about 1.5 Kilometers along the Calicut-Mukkam road, extending over an area of approximately 120 hectares. Being a fully residential institution.
NITC Establishment: 1961
NITC Accreditations: AICTE, UGC
NITC Affiliated To Autonomous University
NITC Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With 75%+JEE (Main)
NITC Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
NITC Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
NITC Fee Structure: Rs-1.37 lakhs
NITC Location: NIT Campus (P.O), Calicut, Kerala, PIN – 673601
NITC Placements: Abb India Ltd, Adp Pvt Ltd, Affirmed Networks India Pvt Ltd, Amadeus Labs, Amdocs, Anora Semiconductor Labs Pvt Ltd, Anritsu India Pvt Ltd, Appdynamics, Arcesium India Pvt Ltd, Arista Networks, Artefact, Arvind Internet, Ashok Leyland Ltd, Atkins Ltd, Axxela Advisory Services Llp, Bajaj Auto, Bayer / Monsanto, Bestdoc Technology Pvt Ltd, Bigbasket, Bizense Technologies, Cadence Design Systems, Capgemini Technology Services India Limited, Capitalism Financial Advisory Pvt Ltd, Carborundum Universal Limited (Murugappa), Centre For Development Of Telematics (C-dot), Cerner Corporation, Cgi Information Systems & Management Consultants, Cisco Systems India Pvt Ltd, Citi Bank India, Cognicor Technologies, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Creative Group, Crl-bel, Dboi Global Services Pvt Ltd, Dell Emc, Deloitte Consulting, Delta Power, Deltax, Dquotient, Dvr & Dr Hs Mic College Of Technology, Etap Automation Pvt Ltd, Exxon Mobil, Factset Systems India Pvt Ltd, Federal Bank etc.
- IIT Gandhinagar was founded in 2008 and is located in Palaj, Gandhinagar, Gujarat on the banks of river Sabarmati. IITGN is rated India’s first 5-star GRIHA LD (Green) campus for minimizing the negative impact on the environment. The campus has been declared India’s first 5-star campus for ensuring food safety and promoting healthy eating.
- The Institute follows the highest standards of safety for its employees engaged in construction activities. In this context, the IIT Council declared that the exemplary practices of IIT Gandhinagar (labour welfare and community outreach) should be introduced in all IITs.
- IITGN’s campus has been nationally recognized for its design aesthetics, energy saving, and green initiatives and its safety record and initiatives for construction workers. This institute is India’s first 5-star GREEN campus for minimizing the negative impact on the environment and India’s first 5-star campus to receive Eat Right campus award from FSSAI.
- IIT Gandhinagar encourages students to be involved members of the local community and explores ways to contribute to the grassroots, through formal and informal initiatives, outreach activities (NEEV) and educational engagement (NYASA). The IIT Council has identified IITGN’s initiatives for its construction workers as important points that should be followed by all IITs.
IITG Establishment: 2008
IITG Accreditations: AICTE, UGC
IITG Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITG Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With 75%+JEE (Main)
IITG Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
IITG Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
IITG Fee Structure: Rs-1.34 lakhs
IITG Location: Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar Palaj, Gandhinagar – 382355, Gujarat.
IITG Placements: Aarti Industries Limited, Vapi , Aliyance Technologies (India) LLP, Ahmedabad , Amul, Anand , Banas Dairy, Palanpur , Barclays, Pune , Bosch Rexroth (India) Private Limited, Ahmedabad , Capgemini India Private Limited, Mumbai , Cognizant Technology Solutions, Chennai , eClerx, Pune , Gujarat State Fertilizers & Chemicals Limited, Vadodara , Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited, Mumbai , Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Mumbai , Indian Space Research Organisation, Bangalore , ITC Limited, Chennai , Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, Navi Mumbai , KPIT Technologies, Germany , L&T Construction, Chennai , L&T Engineering, Mumbai , MCX India, Mumbai , Next Education India Private Limited, Hyderabad , OYO Rooms, Gurgaon , Polyplex Corporation Limited, Noida , RKC Infrabuilt Private Limited, Ahmedabad , SIM Advisory, Bangalore , TATA Motors, Ahmedabad , Tata Consultancy Services (Research and Innovation Unit), Mumbai , The India Nutrition Initiative (TINI), Tata Trusts, New Delhi , ZS Associates, Pune.
- 3 in INDIA in RESEARCH QUALITY (CPP), 107 in ASIA in PAPER PER FACULTY, 219 in ASIA out of top 500 Universities, 47 in ASIA IN RESEARCH QUALITY (CPP), 21 in top 75 Universities in India.
- IIT ROPAR has made a mark in the QS ASIAN UNIVERSITY RANKINGS. The institute has been ranked 219 in Asia out of top 500 institutes reflecting the quality of research going on, that has brought laurels to the Institute. Parameter wise, IIT Ropar ranked 47th in Asia in Research Quality (Citation per publication), even being such a young institution of 10 years and 107th in Paper per faculty.
- Adhering to its Mission Vision statement, IIT Ropar has made a mark in the history being adjudged 3rd in Research Quality in India. Documented in their Mission, Vision booklet, IIT Ropar has created a niche for itself, redefining the concept of cutting edge interdisciplinary and collaborative research output.
- Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) has announced the best 75 institutions in India and IIT Ropar has ranked 21st among the top 75 Indian Universities rd ranking, scoring highest in the Research Quality with 3 Rank, academic reputation with 86% score and 79% in Employer reputation. Even being a young institution IIT Ropar leapfrogged to rank 107th among the 400 universities of BRICS nations and emerged as India’s top-rated institution.
IITR Establishment: 2008
IITR Accreditations: AICTE, UGC
IITR Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITR Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With 75%+JEE (Main)
IITR Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
IITR Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
IITR Fee Structure: Rs-1.12 lakhs
IITR Location: Indian Institute of Technology Ropar Main Campus, Rupnagar, Punjab – 140001, India
IITR Placements: Directi, Microsoft,Goldman Sachs, Amazon, Max Super Speciality LMS, Arista Networks, Expedia, Singapore University of Technology and Design, ORSO Japan, Indus Valley Partners, MAQ Software, National Chiao-Tung University Taiwan, National Chung Cheng University Taiwan, Tonichi Instatsu Japan, Gojek Engineering, University of Bremen Germany, BHEL R&D Hyderabad, Chulalongkorn University Thailand, Advance Tech, National Taiwan University Taiwan, ID Tech, Parabole, Tata Aeronautics Limited, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology Taiwan, Gemini Solutions, Wipro, Instituto de Microelectrónica de Sevilla (IMSE-CNM) Spain, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, Tokyo Gas Japan, KU Leuven Belgium, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan, JCB Bhallabhgarh, Class India, Aalto Science Institute-International Summer Internship Program 2018, Finland, King Mongkut’s University of Technology(KMUTT), IISc Bangalore, Indian Oil Corporation Limited, IIT Guwahati, SML ISUZU Ropar, IIT Kanpur, University of Lille, France, National Institute of Material Science Japan, CSIR Chandigarh Etc.
- Indian Institute of Technology Patna is one of the new IITs established by an Act of the Indian Parliament on August 06, 2008.
- Patna which was known as Patliputra has been a centre of knowledge since long has been attracting visitors and scholars from many parts of the world such as China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Sri Lanka, among others. This has been a land of visionaries. Some of the legends from this region include Lord Gautam Buddha, Lord Mahavir, Guru Gobind Singh, the famous astronomer Aryabhatta and the first President of India, Dr Rajendra Prasad.
- IIT Patna has ten departments: These are Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Humanities & Social Science departments
- As of August 2018, a cohort of approximately 2,500 people constitutes the IITP fraternity, of which around 1,500 are students. Every year, an average of 300 students pass out of the institute which moves to serve and lead in renowned research and corporate organizations.
IITP Establishment: 2008
IITP Accreditations: UGC
IITP Affiliated To Autonomous University
IITP Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With 75%+JEE (Main)
IITP Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
IITP Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
IITP Fee Structure: Rs-1.24 lakhs
IITP Location: IIT Patna, Bihta Campus, Bihta Kanpa Road, Bihta, Bihar Pin – 801106, India.
IITP Placements: AAUDF, Accenture, Addverb Technologies, Adobe, Adrosonic IT Consultancy Services, Amazon India, Amrita University, Angel Broking, Arcesium India Pvt. Ltd., Arista Network, Axiom (Namekart), Axxela Advisory, Baldor Technologies (IDfy), BIT Sindri, Bosch Singapore, Burger Singh (Tipping Mr.Pink), Cadence Design Systems, Capgemini, CEWiT, ChironX, CodeNation, Cognam Technologies, Cognizant Technology, Conduent India, CV Raman Engg. College (CVRCE), DE Shaw (DESIS), Delhivery Pvt. Ltd., Deloitte, Directi (Flock & Media.Net), Dolcera, Endeavor Careers Pvt. Ltd., ESSI Integrated Technologies Pvt. Ltd., ET Medialabs Pvt. Ltd., Euler System, ezDI, Finisar, Flow Trader – Aquan, Fluke Corporation, Force Motor, FUJIFILM Software Co. Ltd., Future First, Goldman Sachs, Google, Green Stack, Handzap Software, HPCL, Increff India, Wealth Management, Indian Oil (IOCL), InfoEdge, Infosys, Inspired Automation, Future Tech., Intel Corporation, image capital, ISRO, J K Technosoft, JECRC University-Jaipur, KEC International, KIIT University, Kota Talent Academy (KTA), KPIT, LinkedIn Inc., LoanSimple, Logic Fruit Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Mahavir Cotton, Mahindra & Mahindra (M & M), MakeMyTrip (MMT), Makino Auto, Maruti Suzuki, Mathworks, Maven – Aquan, MediaTek, Meerut Institute of Engg. & Tech., MIC College, Microsoft, Miles Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Milvik, Mojo Networks, NIIT University, Nobel Sanrachna Pvt. Ltd., Optiver – Aquan, Optum (UHG) OYO Rooms, P2Power, Palc Network, Pine Labs Pvt. Ltd., Pricol Raisoni Group of Institutions, Rao Edusolutions Pvt. Ltd., RBL Bank, Reliance JIO,Resonance Eduventures Ltd., Rural Electrification Corporation Ltd., Saavn Media Pvt. Ltd., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. – Noida, Samsung R&D- Noida, Samsung R&D- Delhi, Sandip University- Nasik, Sapient Shezar Web Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Siemens Technology and Services, Sigmoid Analytics, Skydeploy Flight System, Smartprix Web Pvt. Ltd., Smatron, Soroco India, Stanza Living, Starhome Mach, STMicroelectronics Pvt. Ltd., Strand Life Science, Tata Motors, TCS-CTO, Tejas Networks, Tektronics, Thinketh Labs, TimeTooth Technologies Pvt. Ltd., TINI, Tata Trust ,TRAI, Transweb Solutions, Tricon Infotech, TVS Motors, Uber Technologies Inc., Valued Epistemics Pvt Ltd (GREedge), VE Commercial Vehicles Ltd. (Volvo), Vidyamandir Classes (VMC), VISAT, Webstaff ,Western Vindhya, Wipro, WiSig Networks, Yellow Messenger, ZS Associates.
- 5th, amongst NIT’s and 31st in India as per National Institutional Ranking Framework, Ministry of Human Resource Development Government of India.
- 10th Best Engineering Institute in Times Engineering survey (Second amongst all thirty-one NITs).
- 18th Top Engineering College in India as per Outlook magazine (Second amongst all NITs).
- 31st Top Engineering College in India as per EDU-RAND rank (Sixth amongst all NITs).
VNITN Establishment: 2002
VNITN Accreditations: UGC
VNITN Affiliated To Deemed To Be University
VNITN Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With 75%+JEE (Main)
VNITN Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
VNITN Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
VNITN Fee Structure: Rs-1.33 Lakhs
VNITN Location: Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, South Ambazari Road, Nagpur, Maharashtra. Pin 440010 (India).
VNITN Placements: 159 Technology Solutions Pvt Ltd, Aakash Institute, Aarti Industries Ltd, ACC Limited, Accops Systems Pvt. Ltd., ADM Agro Industries India Pvt. Ltd., ADP Pvt Limited, Afcons, Amazon, Ambuja Cement, AppDynamics India Pvt. Ltd., Aspect Ratio, Atlas Copco India Ltd, GECIA, Avalara Technologies, Axxela Advisory Services, LLP, Bajaj Auto Ltd., Bluestream Infrastructure Development Consultant Pvt. Ltd., Bosch, Box8, BrahMos Aerospace, BYJU’S, Capgemini Technology Services Ltd., CATBUS INFOLABS PVT LTD (Brand Name: Blowhorn), Caterpillar India Pvt. Ltd., CEAT Limited, CGI, Citi India , Coromandel International Ltd., Crane Process, Flow Technologies Ltd, Credit Suisse, D. E. Shaw India Private Limited, Dassault Systems, Deepak Fertilisers & Petrochemicals, Deloitte, DeltaX, Deqode – Techracers Pvt Ltd, Edgeverve Systems Limited, Enstin Labs Pvt Ltd, Epiroc Mining India Limited, Essar Steel India Limited, Exxonmobil, FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles), Fidelity Investments, Fractal Analytics, Futures First Info Services Pvt. Ltd., Gilbarco, Veeder Root, Godrej Industries Ltd, Goldman Sachs Services Pvt. Ltd, Helium Consulting Pvt. Ltd., Hindustan Unilever Ltd, HPCL, IBM, IBM Associate Developer Profile, IBM SD Profile, Icertis Solutions Pvt. Ltd, IQVIA, Ittiam Systems Pvt. Ltd., John Deere, JP Morgan Chase & Co., KEC International, KPIT Technologies Ltd, L&T Construction, L&T Immersion Program, L&T Infotech Ltd., Larsen & Toubro Limited(EBG), Lear Corporation, Lido Learning, Lowe’s India, Lumenci (Cipher Research Pvt Ltd), Lupin Ltd., MAQ Software, Maruti Suzuki, Mastercard, Meccademia Education Institute, Merilytics, Microland, Morgan Stanley, Mukand Sumi Special Steel Limited, NICE Software Solutions, Ninjacart, Novartis Healthcare Pvt. Ltd., Nucleus Software, NXP Semiconductors, o9 Solutions Management India Pvt Ltd, Oceaneering International Services Ltd., Optum, UnitedHealth Group.
- Jamia Millia Islamia is an “A” grade Central University accredited by NAAC and is an ensemble of a multi-layered educational system which covers all aspects of schooling, undergraduate and postgraduate education.
- University is spread over a land of 239 acres. Almost 21000 students are admitted in about 270 programs excluding over ~5000 school students. Foreign students are about 1.6% of the total strength. 32% Female students and 68%male students are studying on the campus. This year 1348 students were awarded Merit/Central/Sponsored Scholarship, out of which 764 were female students.
- MoU signed between Jamia Millia Islamia and California State University, Sacramento, USA.
- MoU signed between Jamia Millia Islamia and King Abdulaziz Foundation, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- MoU signed between Jamia Millia Islamia and Tashkent State Institute of Oriental Studies, Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- MoU signed between Jamia Millia Islamia and the University of Tehran, I.R. Iran.
JMI Establishment: 1920
JMI Accreditations: AICTE, UGC, NAAC GRADE A
JMI Affiliated To Central University
JMI Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 with 75% + JEE Main
JMI Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
JMI Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
JMI Fee Structure: Rs-10,800
JMI Location: Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi-110025, India.
JMI Placements: SpringBoard, Adobe Systems, Innovaccer Analytics Pvt Ltd, Tata Consultancy Services (Digital), Innovaccer Analytics Pvt Ltd, HSBC Technology, Siemens Ltd, Tata Consultancy Service (TCS), Wipro Technologies, Value Labs, Mahindra Comviva, Samsung R & D, Anglo-Eastern Ship Management, SpringBoard, Byju’s — Think & Learn Pvt. Ltd, Hindustan Times Digital, Ank Aaha Technologies, Cummins India Limited, Stepping Cloud, L & T Construction, Think Future Technologies Pvt. Ltd., EXL Services, Newgen, Escorts Group, Specialist Engineering Services Ltd., Zia Semiconductors Limited, ZS Associate, Accenture, Genpact, Schneider Electric, Tata Communication Ltd, Mahindra & Mahindra, Tata Projects, RDC Concrete, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Jamna Auto Industries Ltd., Aquagreen Engineering, Simon India, Search Precise, EDF Group, Ramboll, Progility Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- The Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (TIET) is one of India’s oldest and finest educational institutions, which provides a steady source of highly skilled talent to the nation as well as overseas.
- Founded in 1956 with a campus spread across sprawling 250 acres, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, located in Patiala, has been a pioneer in engineering education, research and innovation. Our community involves ingenious minds who are eager to make the world a better place to live in with their innovative techniques and discoveries.
- Rated amongst the top-ranked innovation-driven private universities and technical institutes in the country, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology has been accredited with an ‘A+’ grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology here on 19 January 2018, Friday signed a comprehensive institutional agreement with Israel”s Tel Aviv University (TAU), covering research, teaching and student exchange between both institutions.
- Ranked 20th amongst the top 100 engineering institutions of India, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology is the epitome of futuristic learning and development in areas of engineering, technology and management. Our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes are based on the latest, industry-relevant pedagogies, with a strong emphasis on research. We also collaborate with prominent foreign universities for valuable learning and exchange programmes.
TIET Establishment: 1956
TIET Accreditations: AICTE, NAAC GRADE A
TIET Affiliated To Deemed To Be University
TIET Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With 75%+JEE (Main)
TIET Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
TIET Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
TIET Fee Structure: Rs-1.84 lakhs
TIET Location: P.O. Box 32, Bhadson Road, Patiala, Punjab, Pin -147004, India.
TIET Placements: Royal Bank of Scotland, Western Digital Corporation, Arcesium India, Tata Consultancy Services, General Electric Digital, Bajaj Auto, Schneider Electric, D.E. Shaw India, Microsoft, Rubrik, American Express, Reliance Industries Ltd., Gwynnie Bee India, Walmart Lab. , Cvent, J.P.Morgan (Banking), ZS Associates, OYO Rooms, Orient Carbon & Chemicals, J.P.Chase & Co.(Software), ION Trading India, Infosys (R&D), Hero Motocorp, Ascentx software, Sabre, Infoedge (Naukri.com), Chegg India, Informatica Corporation,Proptiger.Com, Asian Paint, Amadeus Labs. India ,Samsung RI Bangalore ,Blackrock India ,Deloitte Consulting India ,Amdocs Development Centre India LLP ,Nestle India Ltd. ,Increff Technology ,Zscaler Inc ,Vmware software India ,Wipro ,Texas Instruments ,Evaluserve ,Novartis Healthcare , Whirlpool, Mahindra Comviva ,HSBC ,HSBC ,Blue Optima ,MAQ Software ,Maruti Suzuki.
- The Birla Institute of Technology & Science, BITS Pilani is an all-India Institute for higher education. The primary motive of BITS is to “train young men and women able and eager to create and put into action such ideas, methods, techniques and information”.
- The Institute is a dream come true of its founder late Mr G.D.Birla – an eminent industrialist, a participant in the Indian freedom struggle and a close associate of the Father of Indian Nation late Mr Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (Mahatma Gandhi).
- What started in the early 1900s as a small school, blossomed into a set of colleges for higher education, ranging from the Humanities to Engineering until 1964 when all these colleges amalgamated to culminate into a unique Indian University of International standing. This university was christened as the Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, known to many as BITS, Pilani.
- BITS, Pilani has been accredited by the National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) with ‘A’ grade with a CGPA of 3.45 on a four-point scale after visiting bits Pilani, K.K Birla Goa & Hyderabad campuses in 2016.
BITSP Establishment: 1994
BITSP Accreditations: AICTE
BITSP Affiliated To Deemed To Be University
BITSP Eligibility & Admission: 10+2 With + BITSAT
BITSP Courses: CIVIL/MECH/EEE/ECE/CSE
BITSP Cut Off: candidates securing qualify marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 45% will be eligible.
BITSP Fee Structure: Rs-1.78 lakhs
BITSP Location: BITS, Pilani – 333 031 (Rajasthan) India.
BITSP Placements: Abinbev, Accenture, Accolite, Aditya Birla Capital, Aditya Birla Group (Hindalco), Aditya Birla Management Group, Aditya Birla Science & Technology, Adobe, Aeques, Afour technologies, Amadeus Labs, Amazon, Amdocs, Amity Software Pvt Limited, Angara Inc, Angel Broking, AppDynamics, Arcesium, ARM, Ascent Health and Wellness Solutions, ATCS, Axis Bank, Axtria, Axxela Advisory Services, Bajaj Allianz, Bajaj Auto, Baldor Technologies, BCC, Beehyv, BNY Mellon (US), Boston Consulting Group, Bridgestone, Byju’s, Cairn India, Capgemini, CGI, Cipher Research Group, Cisco, Citi Bank, Codenation ,Cognizant, Cohesity, Credit Suisse, Cyient, Cypress, DalbergDar Group, DE Shaw, Delhivery, Dell, Deloitte, Deutsche Bank, Direct I, Dorsch Consult India, Dr Reddy’s Lab, Evalueserve, EXL Services, Exponentia Datalabs, Exxon Mobil, EY, Facebook (UK), Fidelity Investments, Fiorano, Flipkart, Flow Traders(Singapore), Fractal Analytics, Freshworks, Futures First, GAIL, GDRC, GE India, Genpact, GEP ,GGK Technologies, GMR, Goldman Sachs, Goodera Grey Orange, HCL, HDFC Life, Here Maps, Hindustan Zinc, HSBC, Hyperdart Technologies, IBM, ICICI Bank, Indiamart, Indus Insights, Indus Valley Partners, Infor Inmobi, Intel, IOCL, IQVIS ISGEC, Jarvis Technologies, JDA Software, John Deere, JP Morgan & Chase, JP Morgan & Chase-Quant Finance, JP Morgan Services, JSW, JW Consultants, KBR, KPIT(Germany), KPMG, Kubrick, L&T, ECC, L&T Limited, Lavelle Networks, Lowes, Make My Trip, Manpower Group, Manthan Advisors, Markets & Markets, Maruti Suzuki, Mastercard, Mathworks, Maybank, Mcafee, Media IQ Digital, Mediatek, Merilytics, Michelin, Microland, Microsoft, GSMO, Microsoft IDC, Morning Star, Myntra, Nagarro, National Instruments, Nestle, NetApp, Netcore, Newgen Software, Novartis, Nucleus Software, Nutanix, Nvidia Graphics, Ola Cabs, Oracle, Orbeez.
So, the above-mentioned colleges are the best engineering colleges in India and have every facility provided by the top colleges. So do check this article again and bookmark this in your laptop/mobile/desktop and share the knowledge with others before joining in the engineering stream.