MBBS in Russia 2022
The medical profession is one of the leading and top professionals in the present world. Demand for the medical course is high in every country. In India, many students have a dream of studying medicine. To study medicine in India students must have Intermediate with a medical background and must clear the National medical entrance exam NEET with the best score to get a seat in a medical college as an MBBS graduate.
In due process, some get a seat in college some may not, other students search for alternative options to Fulfill their wish by doing MBBS in other countries like Russia, Germany, China, the USA etc. Russia leads the chart in International students for MBBS as many students study MBBS in Russia. About 4000 Indians are studying medicine in approximately 20 universities in Russia, as of August 2022.
MBBS in Russia Duration: It is a 6-year degree in which a student gets a specialist bachelor’s degree in General Medicine. MBBS degrees from Russia are approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI) from over 53 Russian Universities.
The tuition fee of Russian Universities is less when compared to the US and Candian Universities which are very high, For Indian students, it costs around 3 to 9 Lakhs per year in Russian universities. As per the new MCI rule, students who are going to study MBBS abroad have to qualify for NEET. Maximum Russian universities are recognized by MCI.
In this article, we will see more about MBBS in Russia for Indian, students fees and more :
In Russia, there is a requirement for international students to qualify in Language tests like TOEFL/IELTS to get admission in medical colleges. Students who got an MBBS degree from Russian universities have to go through the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE) to legally practice in India.
Eligibility for Admission to MBBS in Russia
- Passing score in Class 12th
- Biology and Chemistry as compulsory subjects at the senior secondary level
- Passing score in the entrance exam conducted by the university (varies)
Documents Required for Admission to MBBS in Russia
- Completely filled and signed application form downloaded from the university’s website
- Official transcripts of Class 12th and 10th
- Transcripts should be translated either in English or Russian
- Proof of some medical tests like HIV
- Copy of any identity card such as a passport
- Passport size photographs (3 to 12, varies with the university)
Visa Requirements to Russia for Indian Students
- Original or electronic invitation letter
- Passport with a minimum validity of two years
- Secondary school certificate legalized by Apostille stamp
- The medical certificate with a negative report of HIV
- 2 passport size photographs
Note: A Russian student visa is valid only for one year and students must renew it annually till the duration of the program.
Expenses of MBBS in Russia/ Lowest MBBS fees in Russia
The tuition fee of Russian Universities is less when compared to the US and Candian Universities which are very high, For Indian students, it costs around 3 to 9 Lakhs per year in Russian universities. some of the pre-arrival costs are application, admission letter, invitation, visa fees, document notarization, translation, and pick-up charges.
Top Medical colleges in Russia:
Some of the popular universities of Russia offering an MBBS degree wit recognition from MCI are as follows:
- Pirogov Medical University
- Pavlov University
- First Moscow State Medical University
- Novosibirsk State University
- OMSK State Medical University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Kazan State Medical University
- Orenburg State Medical University
- Ryazan State Medical University
- Siberian State Medical University
1.How much does MBBS cost in Russia?
3 to 9 Lakhs for Indian student
2.Is MBBS good in Russia?
Yes, definitely students join in MBBS In Russia from all over the world
3.Why is MBBS cheap in Russia?
In Indian, it’s more than 40 lakhs to get private medical seats, while it costs comparatively very less in Russia to do MBBS
4)Is NEET required for MBBS in Russia?
Students must qualify in NEET to get admission in colleges in Russia
5.Is MBBS in Russia easy?
MBBS in Russia is easy because there are no entrance or Language tests to get admission in MBBS in Russia