Internship for Mechanical engineering Students
Introduction for Mechanical Engineering Internship:
Mechanical engineering is the study of design, development, construction, and testing of mechanical and thermal sensors and devices, including tools, engines, and machines. Mechanical engineers work mostly in engineering services, research and development, and manufacturing.
How to Apply for Mechanical Engineering Internship:
It is not that hard to apply for the internship in different companies, you just have to search for a particular company that gives internship for mechanical students, and the most important subject of your interest, anyhow all companies are in search of students who work for them in less pay and they create projects for you especially so that you can work as they pay you a stipend, it might not be much but you can improve your skills and also add on to the resume, while you complete graduation.Below are a few options on where you can work as an intern while you are doing your graduation.
1) Garages and Service centers:
If you're interested in automobiles and you are passionate about them, want to know how things work in a car or a bike they get an internship in service centers and garages. Eicher, Mahindra, Royal Enfield, Maruti, etc. Do provide internships to students.
2) Big industrial:
Like L&T, SIEMENS, INFOSYS too provide internships to engineering students. You can put a mail to the HR guys of these companies and if you're fortunate enough you might end up as an intern in any of these big companies. Well in most cases all you need is quality of agreement and appropriateness.
3) PSU's (public sector units ):
Also provides engineering students with internships. Indian Railways is one such big company that takes in graduates (Students still studying). People also did internships in BARC, BHEL, etc.
You can do an internship in the summer with IIT. They make a number of projects for which they need interns, you can always hit it
Internship for 2nd-year Mechanical Engineering Students - 2021-2022
When a student reaches the second year of engineering, they are already well equipped with some knowledge of theory on MECHANICS and what are subjects related, while you are doing that you can simultaneously gain experience by doing an internship during your summer break, approach the companies for an internship, they will take you in with stipend and this will also give you exposure on the work environment and also will help you to learn more practically than theoretically
Internship for 3rd-year Mechanical Engineering Students 2021-2022
In the third year of engineering you are almost one year to finish the course, by now you will know what your interest is and in which core subject of mechanics you want to excel in, while you are thinking about it you can apply for an internship in different companies like TATA group, Crompton greaves, InfoTech.
Internship for 4th-year Mechanical Engineering Students 2021-2022
By this time you know what your strengths and weaknesses are, so you can approach different companies with your resume and also can take permission from the college to intern with companies that are famous in your course of interest in mechanics, companies like, DAAD WISE.MITACS are some of the companies that offer internships for mechanical students.
Companies that offer Mechanical Engineering Internship in Hyderabad:
- Tata groups - https://www.tata.com/
- Crompton Greaves - https://www.crompton.co.in/
- InfoTech - https://www.infotech.com/
- DAAD WISE. - https://www.daad.in/en/
- General Electric.- https://www.ge.com/
- CMERI - Durgapur - https://www.cmeri.res.in/
Companies that offer Mechanical Engineering Internship in Mumbai:
- MeeraCleanfuels Limited - http://www.meeracleanfuels.com/
- Jetic Healthcare Private Limited (Pepodeal) -
- Sagar defense engineering private lit - http://www.sagardefefnce.com/
Companies that offer Mechanical Engineering Internship in Delhi
- GenElek Technologies private lit - http://www.genelektech.com/
- Center Of Digital Excellence Private Lit, Noida
Companies that offer Mechanical Engineering Internship in Chennai:
- Auxo Technology Labs Private Limited
- SmartX Connected Products Private Limited
- Auxo Technology Labs Chennai
Frequently asked Mechanical engineering internship questions:
How to prepare a resume to apply for an internship in Mechanical Engineering:
- Include information about volunteer work and extracurricular school activities or teams you participated in. Include the courses you have taken in school, your GPA, and standardized testing schools as well, especially if you feel like your résumé is too short.
- Be descriptive in including your job functions, not just the names and dates of your employment. Instead of just saying that you served as an office assistant, describe duties like sending company-wide emails, drafting press releases, reordering office supplies, receiving and redirecting phone calls, and handling mail intake.
- If you do have a lot of experience filling up your résumé, try to be concise. A résumé should be no longer than two pages long.
- Design it so that the information can easily be gleaned by a skim read. Bullet points are a good way to emphasize the most important information.
- Ask a teacher or a professional to read your résumé and give advice.
- Consult your network( company)
- Write a strong objective statement for your resume
- Let your resume show your strongest asset
- Include any work experience if you have any
- Include achievements in your college.
- Keep it simple.
The below link will guide you to get more resumes, and also gives sample resumes, done overwrite the resumehttps://resumegenius.com/resume-samples/internship-resume-example
How to attend an interview for Mechanical engineering internships:
To go to attend an interview you will first have to apply to companies that need you to be recruited as an intern so after you apply you will get a call, and then you will go to attend it, and the below are questions usually asked there go prepared with them, While you answer them, let your answer be short and crisp, and let it be weighted with very little words you use, you don’t need to elaborate much on answering as they don’t have that time.
- Tell us about yourself.
- Why have you applied for this internship?
- Why have you applied for an internship at our place?
- Why do you want to work for this company?
- What are your strengths?
- How do you prioritize your wor