MS In Canada 2021
MS is the postgraduate course which is done after Engineering. Canada is one of the top developed countries around the world. Which is a dream destination for doing masters after the USA. Many international students apply for admission every year. Canadian universities top the global ranking in education. MS is a one or year programme depending on the universities. Majority of the graduates from India do their Masters from either Canada or the USA. The tuition fee for a graduate who studies in Canada varies from 21,000 CAD to 32,000 CAD annually. For Indian students, this costs up to 11.11 lakhs to 16.6 lakhs INR.
Desired Requirements for International students
- Education: 16 Years (Mandatory)
- GPA: Average of 3.0
- Percentage: 75% and above.
- English Language Proficiency: TOEFL/IELTS
- Qualifying and getting the desired score in GRE
Tests Required for Admission in MS in Canada
Various standardized test scores are required from the applicants along with their applications. The type of test score submission depends upon the applicant’s choice of course. Students willing to pursue MS courses in Canada are asked to submit either of the following test scores:
|Test Name||Conducting Authority||Courses||Mode Of Exam||Score||validity|
|GRE||Education Testing Services (ETS)||Engineering, Management, Social Sciences, Computer and Information Technology||
online/3 Hrs 45 min
|TOEFL||The Test of English as a
|Language proficiency||IBT: Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking
PBT: Reading, Writing and Listening/4 hours
IBT: 0 – 120
PBT: 310 – 6 77
Language Testing System
|Language proficiency||Reading, Writing, Listening and
Speaking/2 hours 45 minutes
0 – 9 band score
Documents Required for MS in Canada Admission
For MS admission in Canada Universities requires mandatory documents to be sent to the universities. They are
- Identity Proof: Passport for visa process.
- Transcripts: to be in a sealed envelope, stamped and duly signed by the HOD/Principal.
- Mark sheets: Passed mark sheets, attested by the HOD/Principal.
- Circumalvite (CV): up to date latest CV with work experience and research work.
- Statement of Purpose: Details of applicants, expectations and output from the course should be submitted along with the application.
- Letters of Recommendation: LOR can be submitted online or offline but at least 2 to 3 LORs must be submitted.
- Financial Statement: not more than 3 months old bank statement, showing sufficient funds for at least 1 year of study must be submitted.
Basic Cost for MS Applicant before Taking Admission in Canada
Every process has some fees to pay and processed some of the processes which require fee payment is TOEFL Fee, IELTS Fee, PTE Fee, GRE Fee, GMAT Fee, Application Fee, Study Permit + Biometric Fee, Airfare. These are basic payments every applicant must pay before getting admission in Canadian universities. When clear all the above steps you can apply for the universities in Canada.
Tuition Fees for Masters (MS) in Canada:
According to reports by Statista, students require about 21,000- 30,000 CAD annually to cover the tuition expenses for master in Canada. This average tuition fee depends on several circumstances
Top Universities for Masters in Canada:
|University of Toronto||18|
University of British Columbia
|Universite de Montreal||85|
|University of Alberta||136|
|University of Ottawa||141|
|University of Waterloo||201-250|
|University of Calgary||201-250|
1.How much does it cost to do MS in Canada?
students require about 21,000- 30,000 CAD annually to cover the tuition expenses
2.What is the eligibility for MS in Canada?
Bachelors degree 3 to 4 year and 16 years of education
3.Is Canada good for MS?
Yes both Canada and the USA are good for MS Education
4.Is GRE required for MS in Canada?
yes, GRE is mandatory for MS in Canada
5.How many years is MS in Canada?
completion time depends on the type, of course, it takes around one to two years