MS In The USA 2021
The USA, a dream destination for doing Masters for many international students as the world’s best and top engineering universities are located here with top of the world facilities like research centres, cutting-edge technologies with high tech. Masters in the USA mainly consist of Science, Technology, Engineering and Management combined as STEM.
Majority of the International students opt for the USA to do Masters as per the report stated in Statista.com international students studying in the United States are originally from China and India, totalling 372,532 students and 193,124 students respectively in the 2019/20 school year. In 2018/19, there were 377,943 international graduate students, which accounted for over one-third of the international students in the country. Typically, engineering and math & computer science programs were among the most common fields of study for these students. International students in the United States accounted for some of the highest fees in the United States, with an average fee of 24,914 U.S. dollars.
Desired Requirements for International students
- Education: 16 Years (Mandatory)
- GPA: Average of 3.0
- Percentage: 80% and above.
- English Language Proficiency: TOEFL/IELTS
- Qualifying and getting the desired score in GRE
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many universities which are offering MS in the USA have either waived off or relieved the minimum score requirements for competitive tests
Application Processing Dates for MS in the USA:
- Applications are received between December and January at most of the US universities.
- Applicants have to confirm the admission by April 15 after getting approval.
- By May 1, applicants have to accept the offer of admission
- Some universities have rolling admissions so that students can apply anytime throughout the year.
- some US universities have application portals to receive the application
- For MS other courses, there is a common service portal to receive applications known as Centralized Application Services(CAS) by Liaison.
Admission Requirements for MS in the USA
- Bachelor’s Degree: 3 to 4 years in the respective department
- GPA: 3.5 or higher
- Percentage: 80% in bachelors
- GRE Score: 330 or above
- Statement of Purpose
- letters of recommendation: 2-3
- Research Internships, Participation in various educational related activities, if you have research papers, journals and other social-related activities helps in getting through the MS admission process.
Documents Required for MS in USA Admission
For MS admission in US Universities requires mandatory documents to be sent to the universities. They are
- Identity Proof: Passport for visa process
- Transcripts: to be in a sealed envelope, stamped and duly signed by the HOD/Principal. Transcripts should be in a sealed envelope, with the university/school’s stamp. They must be mailed or sent by the particular school or university of the applicant under the head of the department (HOD)/principal’s stamp. To be sent without any tampering. Some of the agencies which mail transcripts are ECE: Educational Credential Evaluators, WES: World Education Services, AACRAO: American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers. NACES: National Association of Credential Evaluation Services
- Mark sheets: Passed mark sheets, attested by the HOD/Principal.
- Circumalvite (CV): up to date latest CV with work experience and research work.
- Statement of Purpose: Details of applicants, expectations and output from the course should be submitted along with the application.
- Letters of Recommendation: LOR can be submitted online or offline but at least 2 to 3 LORs must be submitted.
- Financial Statement: not more than 3 months old bank statement, showing sufficient funds for at least 1 year of study must be submitted.
- Health Insurance: Insurance is required for the applicant who wants to take admission in US universities.
Study Visa of the USA
- Passport Validity: expiry date more than two years of the program duration.
- Bank account minimum balance should be equal to 1st year’s tuition fee and living costs. The tuition fees quoted over the I20 form will only be counted. bank loan letter and documents must be taken for the VISA interview.
- Bank statement, proof of scholarships given by universities must be taken
- F-1 Visa, J-1 Visa I_20, DS forms should be sent to the universities
- FIll the SEVIS I-901 form or Student Exchange and Visitor Program form and enrol with the international visitor database. Pay the SEVIS Fee for J visa and F visa.
- Book the slot for VISA interview at https://www.vfs-usa.co.in.
- Fill the DS-160 visa form online and attend for an interview.
Tests Required for Admission in MS in the USA
Various standardized test scores are required from the applicants along with their applications. The type of test score submission depends upon the applicant’s choice of course. Students willing to pursue MS courses in the US are asked to submit either of the following test scores:
|Test Name||Conducting Authority||Courses||Mode Of Exam||Score||validity|
|GRE||Education Testing Services (ETS)||Engineering, Management, Social Sciences, Computer, and Information Technology||online/3 Hrs 45 min||340||5 Years|
|TOEFL||The Test of English as a Foreign Language||Language proficiency||IBT: Reading, Writing,
Listening and Speaking
PBT: Reading, Writing andListening/4 hours
|IBT: 0- 120
PBT: 310 – 677
|IELTS||International English, Language Testing System||Language proficiency||Reading, Writing, Listening andSpeaking/2 hours 45 minutes||0 – 9 band score||2 years|
Approximate Tuition Fees for MS in the USA
The average expense of public and private College:
- public state universities – 40,000 USD to 50,000 USD.
- private state universities – 70,000 USD to 80,000 USD.
MS in USA Top Universities
|University Name||QS Ranking 2020|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)||1|
|California Institute of Technology (Caltech)||5|
|University of Chicago||10|
|University of Pennsylvania||15|
1.How much does it cost to do MS in the USA?
It costs around 40,000 USD to 50,000 USD public state universities
2.What is the eligibility for MS in the USA?
16 years of education with Valid bachelor’s degree
3.What is MS in the USA?
Its a Master course which is post-graduation in the USA after a bachelor’s degree
4.What is the age limit for MS in the USA?
There is no age limit to do MS in the USA
5.Is the USA good for Indian students?
Yes, The USA is a developed nation, masters from a developed nation help in educational and employment career