Top Ten Architecture Colleges In Mumbai
Architecture is a branch that is related to the design and pre-plan of construction, the architecture of a building is very important as previsualization is essential for any structure which indeed helps the civil engineer to construct the structure in an efficient manner. The branch which deals with architecture is called Bachelor of architecture(B.Arch). The leading design course in India. Architecture is one of the leading and top designing courses.
Mumbai, India has some of the country’s finest and top architecture colleges with top-class facilities like infrastructure, faculty, labs and campus placements. Many students appear for B.Arch every in common entrance exams like IIT-JEE mains/ advanced to enter into national colleges like IIT and NIT. Every year the state government of Maharashtra also conducts entrance exams for state and local colleges MHT-CET. Students have to secure qualified marks in entrance exams and obtain the necessary cut off marks and rank in the exam to get admission to the desired college.
Mumbai, India is the top metropolitan city has India’s best architectural companies for the passouts graduates to search for the job and the top and best architecture colleges provide campus placements for the students. Below is the list of the top ten architecture colleges in Mumbai and details of each college.
- Rizvi College of Architecture was established in August 1992 and it is affiliated with the University of Mumbai. The college offers a 5 year Bachelor of Architecture and 2 year Masters in Architecture programmes recognized by the Council of Architecture (COA). The college has evolved into a prime school of thought in the field of sustainable architecture and humane habitat.
- Rizvi Education Society provides the necessary financial, technical and human resources and infrastructure to develop the college as one of the most progressive centres for architectural learning. The college has developed professional links with leading schools and colleges in India and abroad. Rizvi College of Architecture was granted prestigious Part I and Part II recognition by the Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA).
- The college aims to develop an all-around character and creativity among its students. In an era of globalization, the college prepares them to face the challenges and complex tasks of shaping the living environment for the 21st Century.
RCA Establishment: 1992
RCA Accreditations: ACITE
RCA Affiliated To MU, MUMBAI
RCA Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50%+MHT CET
RCA Fee Structure: Rs 1.3 Lakhs
RCA Location: New Rizvi Educational Complex, Shirley Rajan Road, Off.Carter Road, Road No 5, Rizvi Complex, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400050
- The Sir JJ School of Art was set up in 1857 as the Bombay School of Art & Industry, thanks to the vision and munificence of Sir Jamshetjee Jeejeebhoy. In the second half of the 19th century, architectural learning was integrated with an art education that followed the Beaux-Arts School of sculptural ornament and architectural detailing.
- In 1913, one hundred years ago, architecture as a distinct discipline was recognized by the formation of a separate and independent Department of Architecture of the Sir JJ School of Art. Robert Cable was appointed as the first Professor of Architecture and headed the department until 1923.
- Cable, and his most distinguished successors, Professor Claude Batley (1923-43), Professor C. M. Master (1943-48) and Professor Solomon Reuben (1948-59) took the architectural department into a new modernist phase, making an impact on the city and the country at large with their own architectural practices while educating several generations of architects who collectively transformed the city of Mumbai and gave a great reputation to the school as the finest architectural school in Asia.
- In 1952, the department of architecture became a department of the University of Mumbai, and the school became the Sir JJ College of Architecture. In the last hundred years, the college has consistently excelled and has enhanced its reputation by having some very distinguished alumni including architects Padmashri Achyut Kanvinde and Padmashri Balkrishna Doshi.
- Most appropriately, in this Centenary Year, Sir J.J. College of Architecture has been ranked the BEST architecture college in the country according to the independent 2013 Outlook-MDRA Poll (results of the annual survey published in the July 1st 2013 issue). Our college has consistently been ranked in the top 3 architecture colleges in the country ever since the survey began around four years ago, and this is the first time we have topped the list. The University of Mumbai has consistently supported our aims to architectural excellence through the last six decades.
SJJCA Establishment: 1913
SJJCA Accreditations: AICTE
SJJCA Affiliated To MU, MUMBAI
SJJCA Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50%+MHT CET
SJJCA Fee Structure: Rs 18,000
SJJCA Location: 78, Dr Dadabhai Naoroji Rd, Dhobi Talao, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Area, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001
- Amity University Mumbai with its future-ready, sprawling campus, world-class learning infrastructure and over a kilometre long frontage on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway offers a 360-degree career transformational set-up. With its state of the art infrastructure, the campus facilitates all-around growth of students. It also houses world-class sports facilities for soccer, cricket, lawn tennis and badminton. There are several well-appointed residential options for students as well as faculty within its premises. Amity University Campus has been designed by a globally renowned US architect who has previously designed Boston and California State University
- Amity University Mumbai has been established under Maharashtra Govt. Act of 2014 of Government of Maharashtra and is recognized as per Section 2(f) of the UGC Act with the rights to confer degrees
- The university main campus is also well-connected by university-operated as well as public transport options from major nearby locations and just 10 km from Panvel station. It has been certified ‘Green’ and has a state–of–the–art ‘access control systems to ensure utmost safety. 30 minutes drive from the proposed Navi Mumbai International Airport.
AU Establishment: 2014
AU Accreditations: UGC
AU Affiliated To Deemed University
AU Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50%+MHT CET
AU Fee Structure: Rs 1.32 Lakhs
AU Location: Amity University, Mumbai – Pune Expressway, Bhatan, Post – Somathne, Panvel, Mumbai. Maharashtra – 410206
- In order to embark on the future of an Institute, it becomes paramount to scan through the trajectory of an institute and its formative circumstances. The long evolution of KRVIA has witnessed a systematic shift of pedagogy over a period of twenty-eight years. The emerging pedagogy is finely grained in its long-term philosophical foundation laid by the founding director. This is perhaps the time to trace the history of pedagogic trajectories and move with regards to the larger rationale towards the emergence of a new academic paradigm
- KRVIA was the product of a liberal economic policy in education. During its formative years, the founder-director set the tone of the institute’s pedagogy. The formative circumstances of KRVIA had to deal with the existing dogmatic structure of evaluation-based academics, undermining the enabling and engaging-based academics. The founding director enabled the process with fresh ideological questions on Indian Aesthetics.
- The teaching methods revolved around the question of representation and aesthetics. The architecture emerged as an assemblage of various forces that were assumed to be Indian. This phase also founded the various theoretical discourses around global architectural theories and their relevance in the Indian context. The emergence of inter-disciplinary understanding, the Encounter lecture series and the annual journal (Reflections) are important milestones that have formed KRVIA as an important centre for architectural learning.
KRVIA Establishment: 1992
KRVIA Accreditations: AICTE
KRVIA Affiliated To MU, MUMBAI
KRVIA Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50%+MHT CET
KRVIA Fee Structure: Rs 1.8 Lakhs
KRVIA Location: Vidyanidhi Bhawan II, Vidyanidhi Marg, Gulmohar Road, MHADA Colony, J.V.P.D. Scheme, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400049
- The NMIMS’s Balwant Sheth School of Architecture (BSSA) focuses on various modes of architectural education, research and practice. It emphasizes the ever-changing ethos, behavioural sciences, tools and techniques, and assimilates all in contemporary design expression.
- The students would be offered holistic exposure and understanding through Art, History, Technology, Architectural Design and the Construction process. Balwant Sheth School of Architecture would award a Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch), under the five years degree program of NMIMS which is recognized by the Council of Architecture.
- Balwant Sheth School of Architecture (BSSA) is a young School. In a span of three months of its decision to initiate the School, SVKM’s NMIMS established a solid academic and resource base with modern facilities and Infrastructure. The Council of Architecture has recognized the course offering a full-time five-year B.Arch. Degree.
- Since its inception in the year 2007, highly qualified and internationally exposed faculty members are engrossed in a journey to explore the “Process of Design”. Our syllabus imbibes Contemporary Design and Advanced Technology Studio Models. We are preparing our students to understand the changing ethos of architectural design and practice.
- In formulating this agenda one of the processes involved was a review of the conventionally existing modes of architectural education, research and practice. Balwant Sheth School of Architecture would learn from the past, envision the future, redefine, enhance, integrate the present and constantly evolve.
- “Holistic perception and its translation in three dimensions…” was the virtue of the Classical Architect. The architect perceived, analyzed and synthesized the third dimension. Classical Architect communicated the concepts to the team. In fact, the Architect managed the design and designed the management process. In the present scenario, such creative leadership qualities need to be rekindled in education.
BSSA Establishment: 2007
BSSA Accreditations: COA
BSSA Affiliated To Deemed To Be University
BSSA Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50%+MHT CET
BSSA Fee Structure: Rs 5.03 Lakhs
BSSA Location: 5th Floor, Mithibai College Building, V. L, Vaikunthlal Mehta Rd, Vile Parle West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400056
- The Indian Education Society’s College of Architecture was established in 1995 with the aim of moulding architecture students into high calibre professionals.
- Presently, the IES’s College of Architecture offers a Bachelor of Architecture degree, under the five years program of the University of Mumbai and four part-time courses in Masters of Architecture under the YashwantraoChavan Maharashtra Open University (M.Arch Construction Management/Environmental Architecture/General Architecture/Urban and Regional Planning)
- The Bachelors of Architecture course is scheduled as a 5-year program with a semester pattern as prescribed by Mumbai University. Through the years, the college has always produced toppers at both institutional and University level and has always remained active on an extra-curricular level by participating in various Architectural Competitions and other events.
IES Establishment: 1995
IES Accreditations: AICTE
IES Affiliated To MU, MUMBAI
IES Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50%+MHT CET
IES Fee Structure: Rs 1.65 Lakhs
IES Location: IES College of Architecture, Opp. Lilavati Hospital, near, Reclamation, ONGC Colony, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400050
- The CTESCOA was approved by the Council of Architecture, the Apex National statutory body that governs Architectural Education, on 28th July 2014, after much effort, for an intake of 40 students. The GR from the Government of Maharashtra was obtained on 3rd September 2014. The first Merit list of 32 open and reserved candidates for admission was prepared.
- Ganesh Puja was organised on Teachers’ Day, 5th September 2014, to herald the opening of the CTESCOA. The new college was affiliated with the University of Mumbai on 10th September 2014. An Informal Preparatory Design Workshop was conducted for the merit list students from 6th to 11th September 2014.
- After the admission process was completed, regular Classes of the first year of the 5 years B. Arch Course commenced on 15th September 2014. The students who sought and got admission to the First Year Architecture on merit are from far off western suburbs of Vasai, Borivali and Kandivali, South Mumbai and Navi Mumbai. It clearly showed that distance did not deter those who desired to study Architecture.
- The Professional course with a multidisciplinary approach toward the Design of the Built Environment, entitles the successful candidates at the end of five years, to use the title of ‘Architect’ and enter the profession of Architecture, as per the provisions of the Architect’s Act 1972. The Council of Architecture has laid down minimum standards for Space, Infrastructure, Teaching and non-teaching Staff etc, subject to which, the approval was given and renewed.
CTESCOA Establishment: 2014
CTESCOA Accreditations: COA
CTESCOA Affiliated To MU MUMBAI
CTESCOA Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50%+MHT CET
CTESCOA Fee Structure: Rs 1.46 Lakhs
CTESCOA Location: Narayan Gajanan Acharya Marg, Shree Saraswati Society, Subhash Nagar, Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400071
- Our Late Bhausaheb Hiray S.S. Trust has been established by Dr Baliramji Hiray (Ex-Education Minister Government of Maharashtra) with the sole view of providing Quality Education to the people of Maharashtra in the year 1977.
- Ours is a charitable trust with leading social workers, philanthropists and doctors as members. With the above laudable objective of providing quality education at a reasonable cost for urban and rural people, we are running colleges in Mumbai, Nasik and Malegaon and these colleges are offering a number of educational courses/programs for over 10,000 students.
- The trust has started various courses to cater for the various segments of people. It can be seen from the mile that we are marching on the path of victory in every field without exception.
BHCA Establishment: 1994
BHCA Accreditations: AICTE
BHCA Affiliated To MU, MUMBAI
BHCA Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50%+MHT CET
BHCA Fee Structure: Rs 91,000
BHCA Location: S.No. 341, Near Kherwadi Police Station, next to New English School, Government Colony, Bandra East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400051
- Prof C.K. Gumaste, Prof. S.H. Wandrekar and Prof. V.G. Mhatre started the Academy of Architecture in 1955 as a modest initiative to impart professional training in Architecture to aspiring students. It grew to become a Government Aided institution receiving Grant- Aid from the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State to conduct a Diploma course in Architecture (G.D.Arch.) equivalent to Bachelor of Architecture with an intake of 60 students.
- It is the founding department of Rachana Sansad in 1960, which has since then emerged as a premier institution for art and design education in Mumbai. Since 1999 Academy of Architecture is affiliated with the University of Mumbai & conducts the 5 Years course of Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.). Since 2009 Academy of Architecture has had a self-financed section conducting the same course with an intake of 40 students: taking the overall Yearly intake of 100 students.
- The core curriculum subject heads are Architectural Design, Allied Design, Architectural Building Construction and Material, Architectural Building Services, Architectural Representation and Documentation, Humanities, Environmental Studies, Theory and design of Structures and Architectural Theory.
- In addition to these, there are choice based Elective courses and College Projects. Currently, the course follows the semester and choice-based credit system (CBCS) of the University of Mumbai, wherein the 6th and 10th-semester examinations are conducted but the University of Mumbai, while the other semester evaluation is conducted by the college on behalf of the University. The students have to undergo mandatory professional training in the 8th semester.
AIA Establishment: 1955
AIA Accreditations: AICTE
AIA Affiliated To MU, MUMBAI
AIA Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50%+MHT CET
AIA Fee Structure: Rs 1.7 Lakhs
AIA Location: 278, Shankar Ghanekar Marg, Prabhadevi Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400025
- TSAP was established in the year 2014 and is guided by a strong vision and goal, that is oriented towards a purposeful mission, which will meet both the local and global requirements of Architecture by providing “The State of Art, Architectural Education” to young budding aspirant architects that will be coherent with the overall sustainable developments of the state and country. The college is approved by the Council Of Architecture (COA), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) and Govt. of Maharashtra. It is affiliated with the University of Mumbai. Institute is an unaided and Hindi linguistic minority institute.
- Architecture being a multi-disciplinary subject requiring amalgamation of knowledge from many fields, students will be provided with all the relevant education to ensure near to total knowledge in Architecture.
- To achieve these we have prepared ourselves to provide World Class infrastructure facilities, Vast Spaces that promote Architectural Education, and intensive Industry facilities, Vast Spaces that promote Architectural Education and Intensive Industry-Academia Interactions, International Collaborations, Intra and Intra disciplinary learning, IN school Practical’s – Managing Architecture, Study by Research, Intensive Faculty-student interaction that promotes innovations, and intense research and developments.
- This will be done by way of exposing our students to international experts in the field, hoisting and presenting papers at national and international conferences, workshops, symposiums, seminars, design fests, and through an active design & Research base.
TSAP Establishment: 2014
TSAP Accreditations: COA, AICTE
TSAP Affiliated To MU, MUMBAI
TSAP Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate with 50%+MHT CET
TSAP Fee Structure: Rs 2.15 Lakhs
TSAP Location: B-Block, Thakur Educational Campus, Shyamnarayan Thakur Marg, Thakur Village, Kandivali, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400101
These are the basic details for a student to know about Top ten architecture colleges in Mumbai and if you find the article please do share the article with your friends and family and bookmark Graduatesengine.com for further education-related articles.