Top Fifteen Mass Communication Colleges In Delhi
Mass communication is a bachelor’s degree with 3 years course duration. The course deals with communication and society related subjects. The major outcome of these courses is the presentation of information to people through different means of communication. Mass communication is the leading and one of the top arts courses in India and the demand for these courses is still and high and increasing as the digital era has started in India. New digital platforms are rising in the market.
Delhi, India is one of the educational hubs and has many best and top mass communication colleges with decades of experiences in the education sector. Delhi has many old and top mass communication colleges which provide the best educational features like infrastructure, Labs, Faculty, Case studies etc. Some of the best and top fifteen mass communication colleges in Delhi list is given below.
Can I do mass communication after the 12th?
Yes, definitely you can do mass communication after 12th as mass communication college is also available in undergraduate in bachelor’s degree
Is mass media a good career?
If your interest lies in the media then it’s definitely a good career. Here media refers to print, tv, radio, digital and all sorts of communication, mass communication job roles mainly are tv presenters, newsreaders, radio presenters etc. It is a lasting career as information needs to be shared with society or people through mass media.
Does Mass Communication require maths?
No, mass communication does not require mathematics, it’s a completely theoretical and communication-oriented curriculum which have scope for mathematics
What is the future of mass media?
The future of mass media is bright as India is becoming a digital hub for education, entertainment, news, sports etc which requires more mass media students for presentation. Everything is converting into digital opportunities that are increasing day by day for mass communication students.
- The IIMC Society, an autonomous body registered under the Societies Registration Act 1867, runs the Institute. It is funded by the Government of India through the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Govt. of India. The Institute has a Governing Body, the Executive Council, headed by a Chairman, with the Director-General of the Institute, representatives of the faculty and eminent media persons as members.
- Inaugurated on August 17, 1965, by the then Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Smt. Indira Gandhi, the Institute started with a small staff, including two consultants from UNESCO. In the first few years, the Institute organised training courses mainly for Central Information Service Officers and undertook research studies on a modest scale. Then, in 1969, a major international training programme, the Postgraduate Diploma Course in Journalism for Developing Countries, for a middle level working journalists from Afro-Asian countries, was started. A number of specialised short courses of one week to three months’ duration were subsequently started by the Institute to meet the training needs of communication professionals working in various media/publicity outfits of the central/state governments and public sector organisations. Over the years, IIMC has expanded and now offers regular Post-graduate Diploma Courses.
- Since IIMC’s training programmes and alumni have made a mark, there have been demands to open more centres of the Institute. A centre was opened at Dhenkanal, Orissa, in 1993 to cater to the demands of the eastern region. Post-graduate Diploma Courses in Journalism in English and Oriya are being offered at the Dhenkanal centre. Subsequently, two more centres of the Institute, in the western and northeastern regions were opened at Amravati in Maharashtra and at Aizawl in Mizoram from the academic year 2011-12. Two further centres have been added at Jammu in J&K and at Kottayam in Kerala from the academic year 2012-13.
IIMC Establishment: 1965
IIMC Accreditations: NAAC
IIMC Affiliated To JNU, NEW DELHI
IIMC Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate|Graduation with 50%
IIMC Fee Structure: Rs 55,000
IIMC Location: JNU New Campus, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi, Delhi 110067
- The AJK Mass Communication Research Centre is a premier media institution in India. Founded in 1982 by Anwar Jamal Kidwai (former VC of Jamia Millia Islamia and later, Chairman of the Centre), the MCRC offers graduate and post-graduate courses in the art, craft and technology of the modern media. The MCRC provides the highest standard of media education and training with a professionally and academically accomplished faculty and a broad spectrum of visiting professionals.
- A.J. Kidwai established the MCRC in collaboration with York University, Toronto and the Canadian International Development Aid Agency. The CIDA provided the MCRC with a range of sophisticated production equipment while York University sent the first generation of teachers. The team from York was led by distinguished documentary filmmaker James Beveridge, a close associate of documentary pioneer John Grierson, founder of the National Film Board of Canada.
- AJ Kidwai envisioned the institute as providing an intensive and integrated media education that would enable students to develop their individual expertise and skills within a secular and collaborative working environment. Upholding the philosophy & vision of its founders, the institute continues to provide its students with a comprehensive media education that nurtures the individual aspirations of students while inspiring them to make a meaningful contribution to the social environment within which they work.
- The Centre continues to work within this broad mandate while regularly updating its courses to meet the growing challenges of contemporary media. These efforts have been constantly appreciated and supported by generous grants from the government and other international agencies like Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
AJK Establishment: 1982
AJK Accreditations: NAAC GRADE A
AJK Affiliated To JMI, NEW DELHI
AJK Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate|Graduation with 50%
AJK Fee Structure: Rs 88,000
AJK Location: Gate No. 13, Maulana Mohammad Ali Jauhar Marg, Ghaffar Manzil Colony, Jamia Nagar, Okhla, New Delhi, Delhi 110025
- Amity School of Communication is a premier mass communication institute under the Amity Universe umbrella which offers professional courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate level. It has over 1700 students on its rolls. Supreme emphasis is laid in the institution on providing the most modern and sophisticated learning environment coupled with rich Indian heritage, value system and sanskars.
- Amity School of Communication is a place where passion meets conviction. It is a place where a student attains theoretical and practical journalistic maturity develops intellectually and personally into an able individual having a broad worldview.
- The guiding principle of amity is: “Where modernity blends with tradition”. The teaching methodology is contemporary to keep the students and the staff abreast with the ever-changing scenario in the educational arena and media scenario, with a fine blend of traditional Indian ethics and value systems. Tradition gives us ethics and values and Modernity gives us the opportunity to apply those values to move ahead and make our mark.
- With the fast-changing education scenario, when students prefer elite institutes, the Amity School of Communication has been growing rapidly. Giving a perfectly balanced learning environment, some of the popular programs of ASCO are Masters in Marketing and Advertising Management, Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication, Masters in Public Relations and Event Management and Masters in Business Administration (Media Management), Bachelors in Journalism and Mass Communication, Bachelors in Journalism & Mass Communication (3-continent), and Bachelors in Journalism & Mass Communication (International).
ASCO Establishment: 1999
ASCO Accreditations: AICTE, UGC
ASCO Affiliated To AMITY UNIVERSITY, NOIDA
ASCO Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate|Graduation with 50%
ASCO Fee Structure: Rs 2.70 Lakhs
ASCO Location: Sector 125, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201313
- AIMC was set up in 2003 to cater to the growing demands of students interested in pursuing a career in Broadcast Journalism, Advertising, PR/Corporate Communication, Event Management, Social Media, Bollywood and also acquiring necessary skills in News Anchoring, Electronic Cinematography and Video Editing.
- Best Journalism & Mass Communication Institute in North India 2018 by Centre for Education Growth & Research
- Best Media Institute in North India at National Education Excellence Awards, 2017 by PRAXIS MEDIA
- 20 Most Promising Media & Mass Communication Institutes by Higher Education Review in 2016
- Recognized as the Third Best Event Management School: National by The Edutainment Awards, 2015
AIMC Establishment: 2003
AIMC Accreditations: AICTE
AIMC Affiliated To Private university
AIMC Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate|Graduation with 50%
AIMC Fee Structure: Rs 2.65 Lakhs
AIMC Location: Institutional Area, Near Dwarka Sector 9 Metro Station, Sector 8 Dwarka, New Delhi, Delhi 110075
- IMS Noida, established in 1998, is a premier institute known for its academic excellence and value-based education. It caters to both fresh graduates seeking world-class education and also to those who are already employed and want to enhance their managerial skills. IMS also has collaborations with several Universities overseas and seeks to imbibe a global mindset in its students. There is also a strong focus on research and IMS encourages its faculty and students to undertake consultancy projects with corporations.
- Situated in the heart of Noida city, within a sprawling campus, IMS Noida is a world in itself. However, in contrast to its surroundings, IMS is alive with activities, ideas and ambitions. State-of-the-art infrastructure facilities at IMS render an atmosphere that is conducive for learning and development.
- Situated at the institutional area in Sector-62 of the Electronic City, the Institute provides its students with the best of the facilities to develop their management skills & personality. Institute of Management Studies, Noida, a premier Institution with exceptional worldwide linkage, strives at the holistic formation of world-class leaders with unmatched professional competence and strong ethical perspective. IMS endeavours to contribute to the sustained development and inclusive growth of the nation and the world at large by forming men and women imbibed with a spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship.
IMS Establishment: 1998
IMS Accreditations: UGC, NAAC GRADE A
IMS Affiliated To CCS, MEERUT
IMS Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate|Graduation with 50%
IMS Fee Structure: Rs 1.20 Lakhs
IMS Location: A-8B IMS Campus Building, Sector 62, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201301
- Tecnia Institute of Advanced Studies (TIAS) – is one of the Premier Institute, set up under the aegis of Health & Education Society (Regd.), – a body registered under the Society Registration Act XXI, 1860. TIAS is NAAC accredited “A” Grade Institute duly approved by All India Council for Technical Education, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India and is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi; Recognized under Section 2(f) of UGC Act, 1956 established in the country’s capital in the year 1998 as an educational and professional centre, with an aim to provide technical knowledge required for the career development of young generation by way of providing the quality education.
- Tecnia Institute of Advanced Studies (TIAS) – is ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 certified institute for its Quality Management System (QMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS) by ISC Assurance Services Pvt. Ltd for recognition for its well-established system
TIAS Establishment: 1999
TIAS Accreditations: AICTE, UGC
TIAS Affiliated To GGSIPU, NEW DELHI
TIAS Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate|Graduation with 50%
TIAS Fee Structure: Rs 86,000
TIAS Location: 3 PSP, Institutional Area Madhuban Chowk, Sector 14, Rohini, New Delhi, Delhi 110085
- Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College, a constituent college of the University of Delhi, was established in 1951 and is maintained by the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC), a statutory body established under an act of the Parliament of India. The focus of the College at the time of inception was to ensure a comprehensive social transformation through access to quality education, in particular to young Punjabi Refugees of Partition in 1947, and to conserve and promote Punjabi language, culture, and heritage.
- Over the years, the College has carved a niche for itself and is known to be one of the leading colleges of University. At present, there are 18 undergraduate programmes, 2 B.Tech. programmes, 12 postgraduate programmes, one postgraduate diploma, 2 undergraduate diplomas, and 9 certificate courses, making a total of 44 programmes. During the current session 2015-16 there are 3,768 students in these programmes, and 140 full-time teachers, out of which 101 are permanent with 7 on leave/lien. During the last four years, 57 teachers participated in various staff development programmes.
- The College follows University of Delhi curricula and its faculty members contribute to curricula framing both at University and UGC levels. The norms of the University for admission to various courses are followed and the student profile of the College is diverse, with most sections of the society well-represented. The teaching-learning process is enriched and made productive by the rich experience of teachers and availability of up-to-date resources to students.
- The process is monitored by Departmental Monitoring as well as by the Academic Affairs Committee of the College and the Principal, to make it achieve the learning objectives of the programmes and provide the best motivation and experience to learners. The College follows University norms for Semester-end examination and evaluation as well as for internal assessment/continued evaluation, but also enriches these for local adaptations as required, by the effort and participation of teachers and students.
SGTB Establishment: 1951
SGTB Accreditations: NAAC GRADE A
SGTB Affiliated To DU, NEW DELHI
SGTB Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate|Graduation with 50%
SGTB Fee Structure: Rs 15,000
SGTB Location: University Of Delhi, University Enclave, New Delhi, Delhi 110007
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) is the first university established in 1998 by Govt. of NCT of Delhi under the provisions of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Act, 1998 read with its Amendment in 1999 The University is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC), India under section 12B of UGC Act.
- It is a teaching and affiliating University with the explicit objective of facilitating and promoting “studies, research and extension work in emerging areas of higher education with a focus on professional education, for example, engineering, technology, management studies, medicine, pharmacy, nursing, education, law, etc. and also to achieve excellence in these and connected fields and other matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.”
GGSIPU Establishment: 1998
GGSIPU Accreditations: AICTE, UGC, NAAC GRADE A
GGSIPU Affiliated To State University
GGSIPU Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate|Graduation with 50%
GGSIPU Fee Structure: Rs 68,000
GGSIPU Location: Sector 16 C, Dwarka, Delhi, 110078
- Jesus and Mary College, a constituent college of the University of Delhi, was established by the Congregation of Jesus and Mary in 1968. This religious congregation was founded by Saint Claudine Thevenet in Lyon (France) in 1818. Six Sisters of the Order came to India in 1842 and the first Institution started by them was St. Patrick’s school in Agra.
- In 1904 the first women’s college, St. Bede’s was established in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh. Mother Del Rosaria, Superior General of the Congregation of Religious of Jesus and Mary, who had visited India in 1955, was alert to the needs of the youth. She took the first step to open new paths to Higher Education for girls of all social strata. It seemed ideal to open a college for girls in Delhi in keeping with this goal.
- The Provincial, Sr. Felix Pritchard, with the help of Fr. Loesch S.J began searching for a good location. Sister was attracted to a 14 acres plot in Chanakyapuri, on the boundary of Diplomatic Enclave. In 1962, official permission was granted to open a new college for women with the right to a grant from UGC. Rev. Mother Del Rosaria the Superior General, was present at the blessing of the foundation stone on 7th January 1967 and Archbishop Joseph Fernandes of Delhi officiated at the Blessing. In July 1968 the college opened its doors to the first batch of students for its first academic session.
JMC Establishment: 1968
JMC Accreditations: NAAC GRADE A
JMC Affiliated To DU, NEW DELHI
JMC Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate|Graduation with 50%
JMC Fee Structure: Rs 15,000
JMC Location: Bapu dham, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110021
- Maharaja Agrasen College, established in 1994 as a constituent college of the University of Delhi has a story to tell…a success story. In the life span of an educational institution, twenty years may just be a tiny ray in the vast spectrum, but for Maharaja Agrasen College, the last two decades have been truly constructive, much like the building blocks. The blocks have been reconfigured time and again from simple structures to more comprehensive ones, in tandem with the emerging paradigms of the techno-savvy world of today. In August 1994, as a constituent college of the University of Delhi, the college was tentatively named Co-Educational College, later to be rechristened as Maharaja Agrasen College, after a great Indian ruler. Catering to the educational demands of the thickly populated East, the College is today attracting the student intelligentsia from various parts of Delhi, particularly the South and East Delhi areas.
- Turning the time machine back to nursery days, one sees a tiny seed of an institution germinating, taking root and blossoming into a full-grown verdure plant. Completing 20 years in 2014, as it steps into its mature years, one finds it branching out in all spheres of holistic development of an individual, taking pride in providing socially relevant and innovative curriculum, an out-of-the-box ideating platform for growth, and youthful energy to its students and faculty. Running 10 undergraduate programmes in all the three important streams: Arts, Commerce and Sciences, it nurtures interdisciplinarity and competency exchanges in the form of interdepartmental research and outreach programmes.
MAC Establishment: 1994
MAC Accreditations: NAAC GRADE A
MAC Affiliated To DU, NEW DELHI
MAC Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate|Graduation with 50%
MAC Fee Structure: Rs 11,000
MAC Location: Vasundhara Enclave, New Delhi, Delhi 110096
- Keshav Mahavidyalaya is one of the youngest constituent colleges of the University of Delhi, established in 1994 by the Govt. of NCT of Delhi. The college has been awarded 15th Rank by MHRD’s National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2017. The college has also been accredited Grade ‘A’ by NAAC i.e. National Assessment & Accreditation Council in 2016. It is fully funded by the Govt. of NCT of Delhi. Despite being one of the youngest colleges of the University of Delhi, Keshav Mahavidyalaya is considered one of the best off-campus co-ed colleges having carved a niche for itself by garnering University positions year after year.
- The college first started functioning from a school building in Keshavpuram, with just two courses i.e., B.Com. (H) and B.Sc. (Gen) with Computer Science. Gradually, courses like B.Sc. (H) Electronics, B.Sc. (Gen) Mathematical Science, PGDCA and B.Sc. (H) Computer Science was added. The new campus of the college at Pitampura, which stands on a sprawling campus of more than 10 acres, started functioning from the academic session 2006-07 and courses like B.Sc. (H) Mathematics, B.Sc.(H) Physics, B.A. (H) Psychology and Bachelor of Business Studies (now Bachelor of Management Studies) were added.
- Keshav Mahavidyalaya functions with a vision to be a premier institute that nurtures creativity amongst students and instils moral values along with quality education, to enable them to take on real-life challenges with confidence. The college has reached great heights in a very short span of time, under the able guidance of its founder Principal Dr K.P. Chinda and present Principal, Dr Madhu Pruthi. The institution has consistently moved on the path of success and is acclaimed for its achievements, faculty, and infrastructure.
KMV Establishment: 1994
KMV Accreditations: NAAC GRADE A
KMV Affiliated To DU, NEW DELHI
KMV Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate|Graduation with 50%
KMV Fee Structure: Rs 7,000
KMV Location: near Sainik Vihar, Zone H-4/5, Co-operative Group Housing Societies Pitampura, Pitam Pura, Delhi, 110034
- It was in the year 1997, that Dr S.C. Vats, founder of Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (VIPS), met Swami Jitatmananda Ji, an eminent educationist, management expert, author of books on Modern Physics & Vedanta and Indian Ethos in Management, an active social worker and the editor of Prabudh Bharat (Awakened India), a journal started by Swami Vivekananda.
- As the destiny ordained under a silver oak tree at ‘Advait Ashram’ in Mayawati in Pithoragarh District of Uttaranchal, vibrating thoughts were flowing from Swamiji’s lips in the balmy aroma of the dense pine and fir forest and he almost gave a diktat to Dr Vats to set up an Institute, for higher learning in the capital city of India, in the name of Swami Vivekananda, a prophet and a pathfinder.
- It was a gigantic task that fell upon Dr Vats’ shoulders. But resolved as he was, he returned to Delhi and in a couple of months’ time sold his ancestral house and from the sales proceeds of that house seed capital was created, which was so very important for establishing a new Institute with high ideals.
- In order to materialize Swamiji’s dreams, Dr Vats rolled out a road map. As a first step, he held a brainstorming session with eminent scholars and people from academia along with some legal luminaries and retired civil servants.
VIPS Establishment: 2000
VIPS Accreditations: BCI, AICTE, NAAC GRADE A
VIPS Affiliated To GGSIPU, NEW DELHI
VIPS Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate|Graduation with 50%
VIPS Fee Structure: Rs 88,000
VIPS Location: Outer Ring Rd, AU Block, Ranikhet, Pitam Pura, New Delhi, Delhi 110034
- Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, founded in 1984, as the second commerce college of the University of Delhi, is a premier institute, specializing in commerce, economics, business studies and computer science. The college is recognized for academic excellence. The emphasis is on the provision of quality education accompanied by character development and cultural growth so as to prepare socially responsible citizens.
- Strategically located near the T.V. Tower, Pitam Pura, New Delhi, the college is sponsored by the Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee, a statutory body, constituted under an Act of Parliament. The college is named after the tenth Guru, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Drawing inspirations from the teachings of Sikh Gurus, the college helps its students to imbibe moral and spiritual values having universal acceptance.
- The College was initially housed in “barracks”, with access to limited resources, a total strength of 129 students and only 6 teachers. The collective efforts of those associated with the college have made SGGSCC reach new heights of glory and success with a total student strength of about 2200 and teaching faculty comprising 70 teachers.
SGGSCC Establishment: 1984
SGGSCC Accreditations: UGC, NAAC GRADE A
SGGSCC Affiliated To DU, NEW DELHI
SGGSCC Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate|Graduation with 50%
SGGSCC Fee Structure: Rs 63,000
SGGSCC Location: Opposite TV Tower, Pitam Pura, New Delhi, Delhi 110034
- Welcome to NAAC Accredited & ISO 9001:2008 & 14001:2004 Certified Fairfield Institute Of Management & Technology (FIMT), New Delhi, established by “The Fairfield Group of Institutions”, backed by a legacy of 45 years of shaping students career in the country!
- FIMT is for students who approach learning as a way of life, and who are open to the world and to the transformative role of higher education. We provide a supportive community where students and faculty interact together in the learning process.
- The unique learning environment at FIMT is built upon the bringing together of a personalized, student-centric community, within an open environment that embraces a rich diversity of individuals, ideas and approaches.
- FIMT is recognized for its quality in teaching and learning which counts it among the BEST affiliated colleges of GGSIP University. In addition, the programs are recognized by the most prestigious associations in their respective fields
FIMT Establishment: 2009
FIMT Accreditations: BCI, UGC, NAAC
FIMT Affiliated To GGSIPU, NEW DELHI
FIMT Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate|Graduation with 50%
FIMT Fee Structure: Rs 67,000
FIMT Location: 1037, Kapas Hera Extension, Kapas Hera, New Delhi, Delhi 110037
- Jagannath Community College (JCC) is the first of its kind in the system of professional education in India to cater to employment-oriented education to the Society. As the demand for skill education keeps on increasing in India, JCC/JIMS has been established to provide relevant training and skill courses and customized programmes for industry aiming at job creation. The programs are aligned with Industry 4.0 to cater to the market needs and to harness the valuable human potential and talent of youth in India. The motto is “Education for Employment through Skill Development”.
- JCC students will be job-ready with the requisite knowledge, skills, technical know-how, aptitude and soft skills. It subscribes to open access for education and training for the youth. Scholarships and stipends are available for deserving learners. Support services for learners include industry mentoring, entrepreneurial skill enhancement, and industry intensive curriculum. JCC is building India of our dreams by empowering and nurturing talent towards excellence.
JIMS Establishment: 1993
JIMS Accreditations: AICTE
JIMS Affiliated To Private university
JIMS Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate|Graduation with 50%
JIMS Fee Structure: Rs 80,000
JIMS Location: 3, Institutional Area, Sector-5, Rohini (Near Rithala Metro Station), Delhi-110085.
These are the basic details for a student to know about Top fifteen mass communication colleges in Delhi and if you find the article please do share the article with your friends and family and bookmark Graduatesengine.com for further education-related articles.