Top Medical Colleges in Delhi – 2021 Ranking
Medical professionals play a major role in every human life and the medical profession is considered as one of the top and leading professions around the globe. In India Medical course that is MBBS is considered as top and best stream and many students give entrance exams. NEET board conducts an exam for lakhs of students for entering into Medical colleges. Only a few get into the college as competition for MBBS seats is very high there are many top and best medical colleges in every state.
Delhi, India has few oldest medical colleges established after independence and has other age-old colleges. Every medical college must have hospital and other medical lab equipment for students to practice and have good infrastructure, hostel facilities etc. Top 10 medical colleges in Delhi list is given below
Eligibility and Examination
|Eligibility||Intermediate or +2 with qualified marks in NEET-(National Eligibility cum Entrance Test-UG).|
|Exam pattern||Pen and Paper-based|
|Language||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada, and Urdu|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ)|
|Qualifying marks||50% for General
45% for General-PH
40% for SC/ST/OBC
40% for SC/ST/OBC-PH
|Correction||4 marks for each correct answer
1 mark will be deducted for each wrong attempt
No marks for unanswered question
Subject Wise Marks:
|Biology (Botany and Zoology)||90||360|
1.WHAT IS THE COST OF MEDICAL COLLEGE IN DELHI?
The cost of a medical college in Delhi for top 10 medical colleges in discussed in the below list
2.WHAT IS THE SALARY OF AN MBBS DOCTOR?
The average salary for an MBBS Doctor is around Rs 45,000 to 70,000 depending on the hospital and duties of the doctor
3.HOW MANY MARKS ARE REQUIRED IN NEET FOR MBBS?
Minimum marks required for the students to get a seat is 50% of total marks that is 350 to 400 marks
4.WHICH IS THE NO 1 MEDICAL COLLEGE IN INDIA?
In Delhi, AIIMS is considered as No1 medical college in India
5.IS 12TH MARKS IMPORTANT FOR MBBS?
Yes, 12 th marks are very important for MBBS, at least 50% marks are required for the NEET EXAM
1.ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES[AIIMS], DELHI
- Creating a country imbued with a scientific culture was Jawaharlal Nehru’s dream, and immediately after independence, he prepared a grand design to achieve it. Among the temples of modern India which he designed, was a centre of excellence in the medical sciences. Nehru’s dream was that such a centre would set the pace for medical education and research in Southeast Asia, and in this, he had the wholehearted support of his Health Minister, Rajkumari Amrit Kaur.
- The health survey and development committee, chaired by Sir Joseph Bhore, an Indian Civil Servant, had in 1946 already recommended the establishment of a national medical centre which would concentrate on meeting the need for highly qualified manpower to look after the nation’s expanding health care activities. The dreams of Nehru and Amrit Kaur and the recommendations of the Bhore Committee converged to create a proposal which found favour with the government of New Zealand. A generous grant from New Zealand under the Colombo Plan made it possible to lay the foundation stone of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in 1952. The AIIMS was finally created in 1956, as an autonomous institution through an Act of Parliament, to serve as a nucleus for nurturing excellence in all aspect of health care.
- All-India Institute of Medical Sciences was established as an institution of national importance by an Act of Parliament with the objects to develop patterns of teaching in Undergraduate and Post-graduate Medical Education in all its branches so as to demonstrate a high standard of Medical Education in India; to bring together in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all important branches of health activity, and to attain self-sufficiency in Post-graduate Medical Education.
- The Institute has comprehensive facilities for teaching, research and patient care. As provided in the Act, AIIMS conducts teaching programs in medical and para-medical courses both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels and awards its own degrees. Teaching and research are conducted in 42 disciplines. In the field of medical research, AIIMS is the lead, having more than 600 research publications by its faculty and researchers in a year. AIIMS also runs a College of Nursing and trains students for B.Sc.(Hons.) Nursing post-certificate) degrees.
- Twenty-five clinical departments including four super speciality centres manage practically all types of disease conditions with support from pre-and Para-clinical departments. However, burn cases, dog-bite cases and patients suffering from infectious diseases are not entertained in the AIIMS Hospital. AIIMS also manages a 60-bedded hospital in the Comprehensive Rural Health Centre at Ballabgarh in Haryana and provides health cover to about 2.5 lakh population through the Centre for Community Medicine.
AIIMS NIRF Ratings:
|TLR (100)||RPC (100)||GO (100)||OI (100)||PERCEPTION (100)|
AIIMS Establishment: 1956
AIIMS Accreditations: MCI, UGC
AIIMS Affiliated To Autonomous University
AIIMS Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate With 50% + NEET
AIIMS Cut Off: Candidates securing qualified marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 50 % will be eligible.
AIIMS Fee Structure: Rs 1,700(1st Year)
AIIMS Location: Sri Aurobindo Marg, Ansari Nagar, Ansari Nagar East, New Delhi, Delhi 110029, India
2.HAMDARD INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES & RESEARCH (HIMSR) JAMIA HAMDARD UNIVERSITY, NEW DELHI
- Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research (HIMSR) in New Delhi is aimed at furthering its scope in life sciences and health domains while providing quality healthcare at an affordable cost supported by 470 Bedded Hakeem Abdul Hameed Centenary Hospital. HIMSR has been established as an institution of national importance with the objects to develop patterns of teaching in Undergraduate and Postgraduate Medical Education in all its branches so as to demonstrate a high standard of Medical Education in India; to bring together in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all important branches of health activity; and to attain self-sufficiency in Post-graduate Medical Education.
- Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research is a great leap forward in line with the vision of the founders of Jamia Hamdard and in fulfilling the dream of Hakeem Abdul Hameed to create an institute for suffering humanity. It shall establish the philosophy of Hamdard “Compassion, Concern, Care and sharing in pain.”
- It is situated at Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi and is a constituent faculty of Jamia Hamdard aimed at furthering its scope in the life sciences and health domains and providing quality healthcare at an affordable cost. HIMSR has been established as an institution of national importance with the objective to develop patterns of teaching in Undergraduate and Postgraduate Medical Education in all its branches so as to demonstrate a high standard of Medical Education in India; to bring together in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all important branches of health activity; and to attain self-sufficiency in Post-graduate Medical Education. Recently, it has been ranked 11th by the NIRF in the Medical category.
- Planned as a new centre of excellence in medical education, HIMSR offer courses at Undergraduate, Postgraduate and post-doctoral levels in medical and allied subjects. Undergraduate course started with its first batch of 100 MBBS students inducted in July 2012 and passed out in 2017. Last year’s Post Graduation course also commenced in a few of the departments. The institute is supported by 470 bedded teaching hospitals, namely, Hakeem Abdul Hameed Centenary Hospital which has two blocks- Block A and B, mainly to deliver tertiary level medical care to the patients at an affordable cost.
HIMSR Accreditations: MCI
HIMSR Affiliated To: Deemed To be University
HIMSR Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate With 50% + NEET
HIMSR Fee Structure: Rs 12.8 Lakhs
HIMSR Location: HIMSR, Hamdard Nagar, Delhi-110062
3.VARDHMAN MAHAVIR MEDICAL COLLEGE – [VMMC], NEW DELHI
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College was established at Safdarjung Hospital by the Government of India in November, 2001. Its inauguration was done by the then Honourable Prime Minister Sh. Atal Bihari Vajpayee on 17th December, 2001 in presence of Sh.L.K.Advani, Sh. C. P. Thakur and Founder Principal Dr. Jagdish Prasad. The College building was dedicated to the Nation by the Vice President Sh. M. Hamid Ansari on 20th Nov. 2007 in the presence of Honourable Health Minister Dr. Anbumani Ramadoss. The first batch of MBBS students was admitted in February, 2002. Post-graduate courses (MD/MS) in clinical subjects were running at Safdarjung Hospital even before the establishment of VMMC. The (MD/MS) course in Pre and Para clinical subjects were started in 2011. Over the period of time, the numbers of MD/MS seats have been increased. The College also is running super specialization (Mch/DM).
- VMMC is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University; New Delhi. Over a decade the VMMC College has established itself as a prominent medical institution in India. (A Medical marvel by India Today Aspire August 2013.)
- Safdarjung Hospital is the largest hospital under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and is well known for its quality of services to all strata of society since pre-independence days. As on date, it has more than 1550 beds including bassinets. It has an annual OPD attendance of more than 10 lakh patients. Vardhman Mahavir Medical College in association with Safdarjung Hospital provides modern facilities in all kinds of investigations and patient care.
- This medical college & hospital has speciality and super speciality departments like Dept. of Cardiac Surgery (CTVS), Cardiology, Neurology, Urology, Nephrology, Respiratory Medicine, Burns & Plastic, Paediatric Surgery, Gastroenterology, etc. It has modern facilities for angiography, angioplasty, valve replacement and repairs, coronary artery bypass grafting, lithotripsy, sleep laboratory, endoscopies, arthroscopies, video EEG, dialysis, spiral CT, MRI, automated blood Test analyzers etc.
VMMC NIRF Ratings:
|TLR (100)||RPC (100)||GO (100)||OI (100)||PERCEPTION (100)|
VMMC Establishment: 2001
VMMC Accreditations: MCI
VMMC Affiliated To GGSIPU, NEW DELHI
VMMC Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate With 50% + NEET
VMMC Cut Off: Candidates securing qualified marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 50 % will be eligible.
VMMC Fee Structure: Rs 33,500
VMMC Location: Ansari Nagar, near AIIMS Hospital, New Delhi, Delhi 110029, India
4.MAULANA AZAD MEDICAL COLLEGE – [MAMC], NEW DELHI
- Foundation stone of MAMC was laid on Saturday, 24th October 1959 by Union Home Minister Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant. The event was reported by all major newspapers. Here is the excerpt from Hindustan Times dated October 25th 1959. Laying the foundation stone of the new building of the Maulana Azad Medical College on a 30 acre land Pandit Pant paid a great tribute to Maulana Azad. The Home Minister said Maulana Azad was one of the greatest patriots of the counter who combined statesmanship with profound scholarship.
- His memories would inspire his countryman for his long devotions to the service of humanity. Referring to the fact that the college building was erected on the site previously occupied. By the central jail, Pandit Pant said this shows that new India is emerging and the place which was a symbol of people’s sufferings was to become a place would now help to relieve it.
- In a sharp contrast to welcome song presented by the students of the campus, Pandit Pant Estate Branch Establishment I Establishment II Co-Ordination Branch Planning Branch Purchase Branch Store Branch IT Cell Students Zone Online fee payment Courses Admission Examination Interns Hostels Library Facilities Award/Prizes Anti-Ragging Sexual Harassment Directory Head of Departments Faculty on Special Task Administration Faculty Association considered (it) lacked in poetry. The Home Minister used his style of poetic language when he said the “dismal walls of the jail complex had been demolished to be replaced with corridors illuminated by the soft of light, science and knowledge“.
- Pandit Pant recalled his many years in various jails and said, “I did not lose much by going there again and again”. He was replying to the grievances of the students that they have been lodged in the former jail. The new building of the college was expected to be ready in three stages nearly Rs. One Crore
MAMC NIRF Ratings:
|TLR (100)||RPC (100)||GO (100)||OI (100)||PERCEPTION (100)|
MAMC Establishment: 1959
MAMC Accreditations: MCI
MAMC Affiliated To DU, NEW DELHI
MAMC Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate With 50% + NEET
MAMC Cut Off: Candidates securing qualified marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 50 % will be eligible.
MAMC Fee Structure: Rs 16,000
MAMC Location: 2, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, Maulana Azad Medical College Campus, Balmiki Basti, New Delhi, Delhi 110002, India
5.UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES – [UCMS], NEW DELHI
- Established in 1971 as a Constituent College of University of Delhi. Runs various medical and paramedical courses. Annual admission MBBS: 150, MD/MS: 71; besides PhD courses in Medical Faculty
- Paramedical courses: BSc(Medical Technology), Radiography. Diploma course in Nursing (GTB Hospital), and Medical Laboratory In-service Training.
- Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital is the associated teaching hospital with more than 1000 beds.
- Known for its quality research; National ranking 7th based on the number of publications in PubMed indexed journals. Meritorious/Eminent Faculty on expert groups of UNICEF, WHO, UNAIDS, World Bank, ICMR, ICMR, NACO, DST and CSIR. Cater to the health care needs for the East Delhi community and surrounding border areas.
UCMS NIRF Ratings:
|TLR (100)||RPC (100)||GO (100)||OI (100)||PERCEPTION (100)|
UCMS Establishment: 1971
UCMS Accreditations: MCI
UCMS Affiliated To DU, NEW DELHI
UCMS Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate With 50% + NEET
UCMS Cut Off: Candidates securing qualified marks in Entrance exam with intermediate 50 % will be eligible.
UCMS Fee Structure: Rs 7,000
UCMS Location: University College of Medical Sciences, Dilshad Garden, Delhi – 110 095, India
6.ARMY COLLEGE OF MEDICAL SCIENCE – [ACMS], NEW DELHI
- Army College of Medical Sciences Delhi Cantt is a premier medical college in India, under the aegis of Army Welfare Education Society. The College provides education to under-graduate medical students.
- ACMS is affiliated with Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University New Delhi. The College is recognised by the Medical Council of India and has a capacity of one hundred under-graduate student admissions per year.
- ACMS came into existence in 2008 to address the requirement of providing quality under-graduate medical education to wards of serving and retired Indian Army personnel. The foundation stone of the College was laid on 28 Jan 2004 by Raksha Mantri Shri George Fernandes. It was inaugurated by Raksha Mantri Shri AK Antony on 05 Jan 2009.
- Since inception, ACMS students have been securing top positions in University Examinations, averaging ten Distinctions in every University Examination. They have made their mark in various inter-college academic, sports and cultural competitions.
- ACMS is accredited as an A Medical College. Admissions to the College are carried out by the University.
- Army College of Medical Sciences is rated among the Top 25 Medical Colleges of India (according to India Today 2020 edition)
ACMS Establishment: 2008
ACMS Accreditations: MCI
ACMS Affiliated To: GGSIPU, NEW DELHI
ACMS Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate With 50% + NEET
ACMS Fee Structure: Rs 4.32 lakhs
ACMS Location:near Base Hospital, Brar Square, Delhi Cantonment, New Delhi, Delhi 110010, India
7.LADY HARDINGE MEDICAL COLLEGE – [LHMC], NEW DELHI
- The Lady Hardinge Medical College for women was founded in 1914 to commemorate the visit of Her Majesty Queen Mary in 1911-12. Lady Hardinge the wife of the then Viceroy was the first to take initiative for starting a medical college for women, as the lack of separate medical college for women made it almost impossible for Indian women to study medicine.
- The foundation stone of this institution was laid by Lady Hardinge on 17th March, 1914. Unfortunately this great lady died later in the same year and on the suggestion of Queen Mary the college and the hospital was named after Lady Hardinge to perpetuate the memory of its founder.
- The college and hospital was formally opened by Lord Hardinge the then Viceroy of India on 17th February 1916. The close association of countess of Dufferin Fund Council continued over many years and senior teaching staff almost exclusively consisted of its members till India became independent.
- The college started under the able leadership of Dr. Kate Platt, who was the first Principal of the college. The duration of course covered a period of 7 years including 2 years of pre-medical intermediate science course or Punjab University. The premedical science departments were closed in 1935, thus reducing the course in the college from 7 years to 5 years. In 1960 rotating internship were introduced for 6 months. The MBBS course was reduced from 5 years to 4 1/2 years in 1969 compulsory internship of one year was introduced.
- The number of admissions to the first year was increased gradually from 16 per year in 1916 to 60 in 1956. In 1961 the admissions were increased to 100 and were further raised to 130 in 1970. To implement the Central Educational Institution (Reservation In Admission) Act 2006 LHMC increased undergraduate admissions to 150 in 2008 and now 200 under grading and advanced equerry year.
- Since 1950, the college has been affiliated to University of Delhi. Post-graduate courses were started in 1954 in affiliation with Punjab University and later on with University of Delhi in 1956. To start with only female post-graduate students were admitted, but since 1970 both males and female students are been enrolled for various postgraduate courses. Presently LHMC is admitting 142 PG candidates, 4 seats of MCH Pediatric Surgery and 4 seats of DM Neonatology.
- Starting in 1916 with only 80 beds for the departments of Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, LHMC has now bed strength of 877 beds in Smt. S.K. Hospital and 377 beds in Kalawati Saran Children Hospital. A separate outpatient block was started in 1958 to cater to the needs of ever increasing population of Delhi.
- Kalawati Saran Children Hospital was established on 17th March 1956 as a center of excellence in pediatric care and research. At the outset it had only 50 beds, gradually by 1994 the bed strength was increased to 350 and presently there are 377 beds in KSCH. It has the largest Neonatal wing in Delhi with 84 beds. The opening of Indo-Japan new block has augmented various medical facilities for the patients.
- Training school for nurses started modestly in 1916 with 11 probationers admitted to the school every year. The school was further expanded to admit 50 students. The School was upgraded to Nursing College of Nursing 2007.
LHMC Establishment: 2008
LHMC Accreditations: MCI
LHMC Affiliated To: GGSIPU, NEW DELHI
LHMC Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate With 50% + NEET
LHMC Fee Structure: Rs 4.32 Lakhs
LHMC Location: Lady Hardinge Medical College, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001, India
8.UNIVERSITY OF DELHI, FACULTY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES [FMSDU], NEW DELHI
- The Faculty of Medical Sciences has been established under the provision of statute 9 (Nine) of the Statute of the University of Delhi and the Faculty has such powers and to perform such duties as may be assigned by Statutes and the Ordinances and shall, from time to time, appoint such and so many committees of courses and studies in different branches of knowledge as may be prescribed by the Ordinances.
- The Faculty shall also consider and make such recommendations to the Academic Council on any question pertaining to respective spheres of work as may appear necessary or on any matter referred to by the Academic Council.
FMS DU Establishment: 1970
FMS DU Accreditations: MCI
FMS DU Affiliated To: DU, NEW DELHI
FMS DU Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate With 50% + NEET
FMS DU Fee Structure: Rs 5,000
FMS DU Location: Faculty of Medical Sciences, 6th Floor, Vallabhai Patel Chest Institute Building, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
9.DR. BABA SAHEB AMBEDKAR MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL – [BSAMCH], NEW DELHI
- Dr. Baba Sahib Ambedkar Medical College and Hospital is an academic health sciences center that has been established with an aim to provide leadership and excellence in the field of teaching, clinical care and service in a student-centered comprehensive campus. The institute is committed to the advancement of knowledge and intellectual growth through teaching and research, and at the same time, to the well-being of the people of Delhi through communicative leadership and service with a smile.
- Named after the leading activist, social reformer, first Law Minister of Free India and the chief architect of the Constitution of India, the Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Medical College, has been established by the Government of NCT of Delhi in the existing 29.4 acre campus, where the 540 bedded Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Hospital is located.
- The college was inaugurated by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Delhi Sh. Arvind Kejriwal, Hon’ble Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi Sh. Manish Sisodia and Hon’ble Health Minister Sh. Satyendar Jain on 12th June 2016. The first batch of 98 students took admission and were welcomed to the world of medical academics by the Hon’ble Health Minister Sh. Satyendar Jain and the Hon’ble Vice Chancellor of the GGSIPU at a glittering White Coat Donning ceremony.
- The college is now ready for intake of the second batch of 100 students from the coming academic session. The dream of the people of Delhi to have quality medical education at affordable costs is now a reality.
- Our faculty is a brilliant mix of the skills, maturity and experience of the senior teachers on one side combined with the vigor, zeal and enthusiasm to excel in the field of teaching, research and clinical progress by the rest of the faculty on the other side.
- At the Dr. BSA Medical College and Hospital, we aim to provide quality health care for the people of Delhi by imparting competency based medical education and providing prompt routine, specialized and emergency medical, surgical and investigative services through the attached Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Hospital. The state of art library, a yoga center, the Computer Aided Laboratory and the Learning and Skill Center for teaching and training purposes with the latest IT based simulation technology, a super specialty hospital, upgraded advanced diagnostic center etc are some of the features which have either been provided, or are in the pipeline.
- Our vision is to be the preferred destination of choice for medical education, health care, discovery, creativity, and innovation. These targets would be achieved by our values of compassion, excellence, empathy, inclusivity, integrity, accountability, team work, innovation, and leadership, which we all will aim to achieve collectively as a team.
BSAMCH Establishment: 2016
BSAMCH Accreditations: MCI
BSAMCH Affiliated To: GGSIPU, NEW DELHI
BSAMCH Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate With 50% + NEET
BSAMCH Fee Structure: Rs 1.01 Lakhs
BSAMCH Location: Sector 6 Rd, near Metro Station, Sector 6, Rohini, New Delhi, Delhi 110085, India
10.NDMC MEDICAL COLLEGE [NDMC], NEW DELHI
- On the ridge in the Civil Line area of Delhi, almost opposite to the Ashoka Pillar is Hindu Rao Hospital, one of the oldest hospitals of Delhi. The hospital’s main building is popularly known as Hindu Rao’s House. The history of the hospital’s main building is of special interest, as it was built in the early 19th century on a large scale, as a residence of the dynamic officer, William Fraser, who also later became the city’s Resident.
- Fraser was not a typical British officer. He liked Indian culture, tradition and people and kept himself aloof from English social life. It is one of the reasons why he built his residence here far from the wealthier European sections of the town. However, in 1835 A.DShams-ud-Din Khan, Nawab of Ferozepore, murdered Fraser.
- The house was then bought by Hindu Rao, a Maratha nobleman and brother-in-law of Maharaja Daulat Rao Scindia of Gwalior. Since then the building came to be known by the name of Hindu Rao, even though the owner of the house soon changed when a British family bought it after the death of Hindu Rao. Later, the house became the headquarters of British forces in 1857 during the First War of Indian Independence and withstood the fierce attacks of the nationalists.
- In the early 20th century, the house was converted into a hospital for English nationals. It has continued to function as a hospital after India gained independence Apart from the above history, the place where the house or main building of the hospital is situated has further historical importance, as it is the same site where Timur the Lame camped centuries ago, when he came and looted Delhi in 1398.
NDMC Establishment: 2013
NDMC Accreditations: MCI
NDMC Affiliated To: GGSIPU, NEW DELHI
NDMC Eligibility & Admission: Intermediate With 50% + NEET
NDMC Fee Structure: Rs 74,000
NDMC Location: NORTH DELHI MUNICIPAL CORPORATION MEDICAL COLLEGE & HINDU RAO HOSPITAL MALKA GANJ, DELHI 110007
These are the top ten medical colleges in Delhi if find these articles do share with your friends and family and bookmark the Graduatesengine.com website for future updates and articles